Fiat Ducato " old version "

Headlights

lapsed
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Fiat Ducato " old version "

· 
Posted: 04.08.2022  ·  #1
Wondering if I could smarten up the headlights on my 2007 style Fiat Ducato I rang a Fiat dealership.

Imagine my surprise when he told me that Fiat had stopped making the headlights - they're a sealed unit despite looking as if the plastic cover is detachable - some time ago. My only hope I was told is a scrapper or spurious parts.

Anyone else found a problem like this with Fiat parts ? And who sells the spurious parts ?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Fiat Ducato " old version "

· 
Posted: 04.08.2022  ·  #2
JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2022  ·  #3
lapsed
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2022  ·  #4
Ok. I notice most ads are for RHDs - which I was warned about. So I'll leave it with the guy doing my upgrades. Motorhomes should come with a warning. " Money pit on wheels ". 😜

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2022  ·  #5
They are not that expensive. I picked up two new headlights for my LHD 1998 Ducato last year EBay I think. Can get lots of stuff on the Mr Auto website too.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2022  ·  #6
Quote by lapsed

Ok. I notice most ads are for RHDs - which I was warned about. So I'll leave it with the guy doing my upgrades. Motorhomes should come with a warning. " Money pit on wheels ". 😜

Is it LHD units you're looking for. If so try one of the mainland Europe suppliers like AutoDoc who supply from Germany, or MisterAuto who are part of the PSA Group and supply from France, see links in previous post.

If the vehicle is LHD and you need to replace the units why not put in RHD ones and use beam deflectors for the few weeks if you go to LHD countries on holidays instead of having to have them on for most of the year when at home

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2022  ·  #7
Quote by lapsed

If you’re looking for LHD ones I may have a pair in store. Changed a van to RHD lights when it was imported a few years ago….. but I’ve a feeling they may have been dumped when our stores got a clean out last year.
I’ll check & get back to you.

Liked by: lapsed

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2022  ·  #8
In the Mk 1 the reflector chrome creates part of the deflection so changing the glass wouldn’t be the answer

lapsed
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2022  ·  #9
Quote by baguette

Quote by lapsed

Is it LHD units you're looking for. If so try one of the mainland Europe suppliers like AutoDoc who supply from Germany, or MisterAuto who are part of the PSA Group and supply from France, see links in previous post.

If the vehicle is LHD and you need to replace the units why not put in RHD ones and use beam deflectors for the few weeks if you go to LHD countries on holidays instead of having to have them on for most of the year when at home

Now that's what I was thinking but didn't want to appear a fool for asking 😜. The deflectors on mine look a little " burned " if you know what I mean ? Which is why I was thinking of new units. And yes I could replace the deflectors !!

lapsed
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2022  ·  #10
Quote by JJF

Quote by lapsed

If you’re looking for LHD ones I may have a pair in store. Changed a van to RHD lights when it was imported a few years ago….. but I’ve a feeling they may have been dumped when our stores got a clean out last year.
I’ll check & get back to you.

Very good of you. Thanks. No hurry this end.

Hessy Hymer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1992 Hymer B534
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.08.2022  ·  #11
Yes the deflectors are sometimes tinted to stop the glare.
Mine are LHD and i placed extenders onto the screws to change the pitch and then blacked out the over lighted area and then it passes the MOT.
I rarely drive at night and the roads are usually very well lit to the need for excellent light at 60 mph isnt necessary, you could also use the yellow fogs on front if its that poor.
Shes grand

Liked by: lapsed

lapsed
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.08.2022  ·  #12
Quote by Hessy Hymer

Yes the deflectors are sometimes tinted to stop the glare.
Mine are LHD and i placed extenders onto the screws to change the pitch and then blacked out the over lighted area and then it passes the MOT.
I rarely drive at night and the roads are usually very well lit to the need for excellent light at 60 mph isnt necessary, you could also use the yellow fogs on front if its that poor.
Shes grand

I was told that when she goes in for a timing belt and water pump change out they can polish up the light covers and get rid of the yellowish tint. Let's see.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.