Cobh the most sensible Motorhome Parking in Ireland?

Waterford guy
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: McLouis Nevis 872
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Cobh the most sensible Motorhome Parking in Ireland?

· 
Posted: 23.07.2022  ·  #41
Quote by tony glenn

OK, I'm going to stand my ground on this one. What's wrong with basic courtesy?
Example? Last summer, Dick's Field. We had been there a couple of days enjoying the sunshine and waiting for the reserved space next to us to fill.
A van conversion arrives, sliding door opposite our door.
We were well back from the seafront, so there was no view, they could have parked either way.
A grown family emerge and set up all the usual, as we all do. But then on goes the stereo, out come the beers, and we're now unavoidable participants in their holiday. They kept the sliding door wide open the whole time so when we opened our door or sat outside in the heat we couldn't help but see and hear every aspect of their days and evenings.
So the advice seems to be that we should pack up all our gear and move to another space?
Not that they should at least consider their temporary neighbours and park with their door on the other side when they arrive?
From my late dad's Australian High School pennant: 'Manners Maketh Man'

That's less of an issue with some one having their door opposite you and more to do with someone being an ignorant dick. If their door was facing you but they were nice and pleasant and had manners, there wouldn't really be an issue.

Revert to the rule above, don't be a dick, its the only rule we need.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Cobh the most sensible Motorhome Parking in Ireland?

· 
Posted: 23.07.2022  ·  #42
Quote by Waterford guy

Quote by tony glenn

OK, I'm going to stand my ground on this one. What's wrong with basic courtesy?
Example? Last summer, Dick's Field. We had been there a couple of days enjoying the sunshine and waiting for the reserved space next to us to fill.
A van conversion arrives, sliding door opposite our door.
We were well back from the seafront, so there was no view, they could have parked either way.
A grown family emerge and set up all the usual, as we all do. But then on goes the stereo, out come the beers, and we're now unavoidable participants in their holiday. They kept the sliding door wide open the whole time so when we opened our door or sat outside in the heat we couldn't help but see and hear every aspect of their days and evenings.
So the advice seems to be that we should pack up all our gear and move to another space?
Not that they should at least consider their temporary neighbours and park with their door on the other side when they arrive?
From my late dad's Australian High School pennant: 'Manners Maketh Man'

That's less of an issue with some one having their door opposite you and more to do with someone being an ignorant dick. If their door was facing you but they were nice and pleasant and had manners, there wouldn't really be an issue.

Revert to the rule above, don't be a dick, its the only rule we need.

Or when in the night you hear the door of the van beside you open and a guy Pissing out trough it.

Liked by: tony glenn

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2022  ·  #43
'absorbed into their life contrary to my wishes' .....sums it up perfectly!

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2022  ·  #44
Quote by tony glenn

'absorbed into their life contrary to my wishes' .....sums it up perfectly!

Dicks are never hard to find , but when you mention motorhoming they are plentiful .😂

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.