Silly Question about roadside assist in UK

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

Silly Question about roadside assist in UK

· 
Posted: 06.06.2013  ·  #1
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know or recommend getting roadside assist for travelling to the UK? I know I have AA here at home (not for the van but for my own car) and its just occured to me that I might need it in England? Cheers!

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

Re: Silly Question about roadside assist in UK

· 
Posted: 07.06.2013  ·  #2
Just checked it out, the AA covers us while we are in UK too :-)

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2013  ·  #3
Hi Bronagh, Check the small print on your AA policy. We changed our car insurance to the AA and we were offered discounted breakdown cover which we bought and were led to believe that we had full cover by the AA rep on the phone. I had a breakdown in my jeep on the way to Dublin earlier this year and contacted the AA who said that they would have a technician out within a hour and if he could not fix it at the side of the road he would transport it to a garage. A breakdown truck arrived 90 min. later with no toolbox & no technican and told us he was only authorised to tow us 15km. he brought us about 20km and dropped us off on the side of the Motorway, we would have to pay him for the rest of the journey if we need him. Lucky the jeep only had a leaking water hose and we were able to keep it topped up with water for the rest of the journey. What annoyed me was that could have being fixed on the side of the Road if they sent out a technican with a toolbox

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.06.2013  ·  #4
Good tip, thanks a million I will look into it!!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.