France Passion

Has anyone used it?

Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #1
We have thought about using France Passion over the last few years but never bothered. We have just been stopping mostly in Aires.

If anyone has used French Passion could they give me their opinion please.

http://www.france-passion.com/index.php

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

france passion

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #2
save your money and marriage ,lost count how many times we tried to find one.John said i kept giving him the wrong address. Can pass the book on to let you have a look but in my opinion they were so poorly signposted and unless you knew the streets and roads it is a waste. Stick to the Aires. Emily :up:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: France Passion

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #3
Mark, we have used them quite a lot and found them to be fantastic. One meets all kinds of interesting people who open up their farms etc. we have gone back to one 3 years in a row not far from Beaune where you park in the grounds of a beautiful Chateaux. I would not go to France without the up to date Passion Book for £25 quid. We have saved the cost over and over again. It's the way to see the REAL France in our opinion and so says the boss (my wife) and that says something.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #4
Thanks to both of you.
Two quite different opinions there which is good to see.

We already do mix with locals and stay away from loud English speaking groups anyway and thought France passion might suit us.

I understand places can be difficult to find in french rural areas but we usually manage. I have been driving over there for almost 20 years and have been lost more times than I would like to count. LOL.

Meeting French people in their own back yards (as it were) appeals to us but the fact you can only stay for 24 hours means not really getting a feel for the place at all.

I will continue to think about it but as Jack says £26 is a great price even if it is only used a handful of times.

I might get the book and check out a few of them when I am over in March before our main holiday in June.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #5
Mark, in quite a few areas we have been over the years they get very few vans. We have stayed 4 nights at the same place and for 2 of them there were 2 other vans and we all had a barbie together. Its very relaxed and you'll find the owners very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. I know for me and Liz but then everyone is not like us, we would not go to France and not stay on Passion sites. The plus of it is you get very interesting produce be it fresh eggs, butter, vegetables and not to mention if you are staying on a vineyard good wine!! I've had some of the best wine for a few euros that one could get which is very important on a holiday.

But if you are someone who does not like getting off the tourist trail, forget about Passion. Passion is for those who like rural France and its life and we happen to like that.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #6
Sounds better already. thanks Jack.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

France passion

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #7
Have used this for two years .........if you want to meet the genuine article......French people.....then go for it. The first year we used it it was vague on exact locations. But having used it last year they have improved on finding locations.

Simply this ......if you want to avail of genuine french hospitality and are not afraid to park near someones back door........go for it . Not all pitches are the same.........we have been pitched beside lovely rivers/ canals........in vineyards........farmyards........and always were never put under pressure to buy any of the produce .

It's a new way of exploring without the expense........and the produce they provide is genuine at cost.......go figure. .......ENJOY :sleep: :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2013  ·  #8
Better and better.
Thanks again for the info everyone.

The 24 hour thing was my main worry. I think we will try it and see.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

France passion

· 
Posted: 07.01.2013  ·  #9
Will give it a go this year ,hopefully will have more luck finding them. We also like to stay away from tourist areas Emily.

Brit_Stops
Craic'er
Homepage: britstops.com
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2013  ·  #10
It's brilliant. Fantastic fresh farm produce or great wines straight from the vineyard, often (though not always, it has to be said) in beautiful surroundings. Getting to meet and chat (sign language works too!) with the owners is also great fun. The directions are not always the best, but we always found the host in the end, and looked upon the journey as part of the experience/adventure. That's why we have motorhomes instead of caravans, isn't it?

Steve

kensowerby
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.01.2013  ·  #11
hi mark. the 24 hour thing is only a guide or a request, when you arrive and you like the area it is possible to ask your host if you can stay longer, it all deppendes on how busy they are, we have used this system for 7 years and found some wonderful places and people, in the book it states how many are allowed, just use your own judgement, this is a fantastic way of touring and seeing france, go for it and enjoy. happy travels ken

Roma
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2013  ·  #12
We have always wondered if we would be presurised to buy produce etc but see that someone said this was not the case. However, if it was free range eggs etc, we would be only too delighted to purchase!
Off to France in April so may buy a copy of France Passion. Sounds as if it could be interesting. :happy:
[

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 17.01.2013  ·  #13
Not only eggs...........we've bought wine at a couple of euro and it was of very good quality.......it also tasted just as nice when we tried it at home, know what I mean ?!!!. Also bought some goats cheese and when I asked how much for the small amount I was buying ( was thinking Irish prices ) when he told me .......I bought the whole roll!!!!?

Go for it and again .......there's no pressure to purchase , they will always have a sample and when you try it .......I dare ya not to purchase. :sleep: :up:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2013  ·  #14
I totally agree biffo. Just thinking about it makes me long for the Summer to get away again to France.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.03.2013  ·  #15
We managed to find 1 fp vinyard site last year, just outside Cadillac. Met the owner of the chateau and vineyard, got a guided tour of the plant where they also did their own bottling. Did end up buying a couple cases of delicious wine. Spent a lovely, peaceful evening and night on the premises and am still in touch on facebook with the owners. We did try to find other sites from the book but ended up giving up, although I did read that they are presently updating with coordinates, if that's the case we'll definitely be using again, wouldn't have even considered this area if we hadn't been looking for the site and it was very beautiful - both they countryside and the town.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2013  ·  #16
Spatuladad so glad to hear we weren't the only ones who had trouble finding the fp sites ,you done better than us we didn't find any ,but thanks to this site we will give it another go this year.Roll on the summer :up: :up:

mmi1
Craic'er
Subject:

france Passion

· 
Posted: 22.04.2013  ·  #17
Hi there, i see a couple of you have been looking for france passions. We are heading to France with 4 children under 10 this summer and love the idea of staying in these sort of places from the point of view of economy and off the beaten track. Anyone have a good experience in finding where they are yet?? thanks in advance. Also, it appears from website that they are only in operation until Easter - this must be a mistake?? yes??
http://www.france-passion.com/gb_formule.php

mmi1
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2013  ·  #18
:lol: Ah I see it is from March 2013 until Easter 2014 or thereabouts :'(

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2013  ·  #19
Hi mmi1. We were asking about this for our trip this year but have decided to stick with using Aires as we link to stop for a few days in some places.

We might use France passion in the future.

moomat
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes 709d
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2013  ·  #20
Quote by spatuladad123

We managed to find 1 fp vinyard site last year, just outside Cadillac. Met the owner of the chateau and vineyard, got a guided tour of the plant where they also did their own bottling. Did end up buying a couple cases of delicious wine. Spent a lovely, peaceful evening and night on the premises and am still in touch on facebook with the owners. We did try to find other sites from the book but ended up giving up, although I did read that they are presently updating with coordinates, if that's the case we'll definitely be using again, wouldn't have even considered this area if we hadn't been looking for the site and it was very beautiful - both they countryside and the town.

Planning to use France Passion for the first time this year. You can now download all the coordinates to a gps unit for €2 if you are a member. It will save all sites as custom POI's on your gps unit.
To use it, you must find the site where you wish to stay in the book. There is a 4 digit code listed in the book for each site. Now you go to your custom POI's in gps unit, open France Passion and then enter your 4 digit code. It will then tell you if it's taking you direct to the site or else to the nearest landmark.

Sounds good... in theory! :D

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2013  ·  #21
Will that work on all GPS units or just a selected few. The functionality of some of the older models may not allow that type of input.

mmi1
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2013  ·  #22
Sounds fab. We bought the book 29 euro and are getting teh loan of a sat nav and are off on the 22nd june for 1 month. I know it sounds a bit immature but the info in the book is limited and it is very difficult to get a feeling for any of the sites - pictures are very limited. Anyway if any of you have any recommendations we soule be most grateful to hear. Thanks you in advance

moomat
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes 709d
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2013  ·  #23
Quote by the fat controller

Will that work on all GPS units or just a selected few. The functionality of some of the older models may not allow that type of input.

Seems to work on most. As you're going through the set up it will give you instructions specific to your GPS unit. There is a small part of the install wizard that is in French (which I have none of!). It's only a couple of clicks which you can work out and then you're into the installer.

Here's the list of compatible devices: http://www.france-passion.com/…ble_fp.php

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.