Any campsite recommendations or suggestions

fast and bulbous
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Basque Country Spain

· 
Posted: 22.05.2022  ·  #1
Hoping to travel Rosslare to Bilbao in early July. Any members stayed in this region before and can offer any advice? Much appreciated!

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

Re: Basque Country Spain

· 
Posted: 22.05.2022  ·  #2
stayed twice, drove down west coast. Stayed in Bidart last time. I wanted to do some cycling in the western Pyrenees and used Bidart as the base. Its a nice area, but weather VERY un-reliable. We had unsettled weather and heavy rain every other day, and cool at that. That was in late July/early august too. We actually left early and headed inland for the heat. Similar scenario on first trip too, but we were at a wedding. We love the heat, so we won't go back for that reason. Its a nice area for day trips to Pyrenees, into Spain and up the coast to Biarritz if you not too bothered about the sun.

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2022  ·  #3
Haven't toured the Basque area in a long time but there is a great Aire in Bilbao for a stopover either first night or before leaving, Autocaravenas de Kobetamendi. Overlooks the city - stunning views at night and a bus stop outside that takes you into the city. Not much else there so make sure you have provisions.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2022  ·  #4
I'm on my third trip to northern Spain and I've covered part of the Basque Country. There's a bit of a blog about my 2018 trip here forum/topic.php?t=17115 All the photos have disappeared with some of the changes we went through. I'm in the French Pyrenees at the moment but I'll be back in Spain after a 2.5Km drive in the morning, probably spend tomorrow night in Jaca, unless of course another road looks more interesting. Are you looking for anything in particular such as Aires, driving routes, nice places ? Throw out a list of questions and between us all we'll get you a few answers. Good luck with the trip and don't forget the one important word.....ENJOY.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, ntg, sprinter

Waterford guy
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: McLouis Nevis 872
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2022  ·  #5
I'll be going that way myself, ferry is booked for Aug 12th, so I'll piggy back on any tips!

Liked by: sprinter

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2022  ·  #6
Quote by Flipperdipper

I'm on my third trip to northern Spain and I've covered part of the Basque Country. There's a bit of a blog about my 2018 trip here forum/topic.php?t=17115 All the photos have disappeared with some of the changes we went through. I'm in the French Pyrenees at the moment but I'll be back in Spain after a 2.5Km drive in the morning, probably spend tomorrow night in Jaca, unless of course another road looks more interesting. Are you looking for anything in particular such as Aires, driving routes, nice places ? Throw out a list of questions and between us all we'll get you a few answers. Good luck with the trip and don't forget the one important word.....ENJOY.

sounds good Flipper!...you could maybe check out La Tasca de Ana in Jaca is you fancy some authentic tapas...its a great spot IMHO

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Basque Country Spain

· 
Posted: 23.05.2022  ·  #7
Quote by Waterford guy

I'll be going that way myself, ferry is booked for Aug 12th, so I'll piggy back on any tips!

I'd be carefull, if he has his way, you won't get pass, Rosslare, ( sunny south east) 🌞😁🤔

Liked by: Ally, Flipperdipper

willthiswork
Craic'er
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2022  ·  #8
Pamplona is definitely worth a visit. Beautiful city. We were in Spain last week but the heat was a bit much for us and our puppy so we came back across to France :)

Liked by: Ally

Gar99
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Roller team 295P
Base Vehicle: Renault Master dci150
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2022  ·  #9
We just spent two nights in an aide in Llanes 6 euro a night, we felt very safe, Llanes is a beautiful town, nice restaurants, lovely views, and it's on the Camino way. Well worth a visit.

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2022  ·  #10
having previously come into Santander by boat while heading to the east coast its on our to do list as its a beautiful part of the country

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2022  ·  #11
Quote by Gar99

We just spent two nights in an aide in Llanes 6 euro a night, we felt very safe, Llanes is a beautiful town, nice restaurants, lovely views, and it's on the Camino way. Well worth a visit.

Has the Aire in Llanes got water and black and grey emptying? Any issues with access for a 7.5m MH? I have always carried on past it but as we arrive this time on a Sunday I intend to stay there for 1 night before the next destination and shop on Monday.

Gar99
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2022  ·  #12
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by Gar99

Has the Aire in Llanes got water and black and grey emptying? Any issues with access for a 7.5m MH? I have always carried on past it but as we arrive this time on a Sunday I intend to stay there for 1 night before the next destination and shop on Monday.

Yes to black and grey emptying, my MH is also 7.5m and no issues at all.

Gar99
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2022  ·  #13
Quote by Gar99

Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by Gar99

Yes to black and grey emptying, my MH is also 7.5m and no issues at all.

Forgot to say water also, 2euro extra, I didn't need any but saw that the facility was there.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.