Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Delamont Country Park Campsite

· 
Posted: 22.05.2013  ·  #1
Never stayed there or witnessed anything but heard the nightmare stories of the wee hitlers that ran it.

Well from reports they now have new wardens who are friendly and helpful, so maybe worth another look if you like the site.

Delamont

Subject:

Re: Delamont Country Park Campsite

· 
Posted: 22.05.2013  ·  #2
It is interesting to hear they have a new warden.
I have personally experienced to guy labeled as Hitler and I would not go back while he was there.

I still think their prices are high also.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2013  ·  #3
I enquired about taking the caravan there a couple of years ago and the reception I got when we arrived(without the caravan) put me right off, it was all about the rules and what you couldn't do after hearing the prices I came away and promised not to go back nor join a caravan club

Dan and Bob
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2013  ·  #4
Going this weekend, will report back next week if we manage to escape

Dan and Bob
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.05.2013  ·  #5
Just spent a couple of days in Delamont park.Probably picked the sunniest and busiest w.e this year,the site was filled to capacity with about 5 MHs, the rest caravans and a few tents.
The site was immaculately finished with excellent pitches and although busy felt spacious.
The showers and toilets were spotless.
The reports re the staff must have been aimed at previous people as the existing staff were courteous,friendly and helpful,no complaints at all.
Again Delamont Country Park is well laid out with good walks and beautiful views over Strangford Lough (not from site) lots for kids to do.
Although not the cheapest site I have stayed on at £34.50 ( 2 nights) for ccc members with age concession membership it is probably one of the best sites we have used including France and Spain.
PS no bonfires allowed

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.