Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

France & Spain.

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #1
Anyone in France or Spain at the moment ? I'm looking for up-to-date information on any restrictions regarding clean air zones or covid. I'm heading over on the 17th and should be in Spain sometime around the 22nd. Still not decided where we'll cross the border, depends on how the wind blows. :-)

mtravel
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Carthago Malibu 600DB
Base Vehicle: FIat Ducato 2.3 140CV
Subject:

Re: France & Spain.

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #2
Regarding the clean air zones:

France:
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/ne…ch-cities/
or
https://www.green-zones.eu/en/…-in-france

Spain:
https://www.distintivo-ambient…zones.html
or
https://www.green-zones.eu/en/…-explained

Instead for the covid (I see you come from Wexford then EU).
You can refer to https://reopen.europa.eu/en/
By entering the country of departure (you can also enter intermediate countries) and of arrival you have the information.

Of course, it doesn't include the UK now out of the community.

Max

Liked by: sprinter

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #3
Quote by Flipperdipper

Anyone in France or Spain at the moment ? I'm looking for up-to-date information on any restrictions regarding clean air zones or covid. I'm heading over on the 17th and should be in Spain sometime around the 22nd. Still not decided where we'll cross the border, depends on how the wind blows. :-)

Now you’ve got me thinking as we’re going to Spain next Tuesday and I hadn’t give it a thought.
But do the Spanish still have access to dvla info to find my details since we were chucked out of the EU ( wishful thinking on my part ) !

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #4
They are still wearing masks in shops etc but we have been restaurants where no one is wearing them. Only been asked for the Covid Pass once and that was standing in a chair lift queue, open air at 2000m. Didnt seem to make much sense. I was refused entry to a small supermarket when I had forgotten my mask. I was standing at the door pointing out to the missus the things that I wanted and he eventually let me in. I'm not anti, just forgot my mask

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #5
Sorry Flipper should have said that was in France

Pirahna
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #6
Clean air stickers. I'm in Spain and have just had a walk around the site I'm on at the moment. There's 30 vans, about half are French and 5 have clean air stickers. I'm yet to see a Dutch, German, Italian etc van with one, and they will all have driven through France to get here. That said, the sticker is cheap, lasts the life of the van and if it hasn't arrived by the time you leave you can show the receipt if you're stopped in a clean air zone.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France & Spain.

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #7
I was talking to our Buddy in Valentia,and she said, there are little or no restrictions other than Masks in all enclosed spaces and when you cant keep 1.5m distance like in busy places,covid passport only for travel,if you get covid it's a 7 day quarantine, you can buy antigen tests in the Pharmacy, for traveling it would have to be from a clinic.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #8
Quote by Pirahna

Clean air stickers. I'm in Spain and have just had a walk around the site I'm on at the moment. There's 30 vans, about half are French and 5 have clean air stickers. I'm yet to see a Dutch, German, Italian etc van with one, and they will all have driven through France to get here. That said, the sticker is cheap, lasts the life of the van and if it hasn't arrived by the time you leave you can show the receipt if you're stopped in a clean air zone.

Unlike the German https://www.umwelt-plakette.de/en/ which relates to areas where restrictions are permanently enforce, the French Crit'Air restrictions are dictated by prevailing air quality conditions . You will only be in trouble if you don't have one during a period when the restrictions are in place.

Liked by: Comet, Pirahna

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

France & Spain.

· 
Posted: 17.03.2022  ·  #9
Enjoy your trip Liam, keep her off the ditches, could be a rough crossing in the Celtic sea tonight.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2022  ·  #10
Thanks for the help and info folks, starting to get excited now. Sprinter, no need to worry about a rough crossing Martin, I've never yet had a one. I don't want to be seasick but I'd love to experience a rough one just to see what it's like. Basic plan at the moment is to head south.......or there abouts.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2022  ·  #11
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

France & Spain.

· 
Posted: 17.03.2022  ·  #12
Quote by Flipperdipper

Thanks for the help and info folks, starting to get excited now. Sprinter, no need to worry about a rough crossing Martin, I've never yet had a one. I don't want to be seasick but I'd love to experience a rough one just to see what it's like. Basic plan at the moment is to head south.......or there abouts.

My buddie and I, had a couple nights on the Normandy, sitting in the front lounge having a couple of pints , with the waves breaking against the window, when we went for a refill, even the fecken barmen had left. So we got two free pints, (each)

Liked by: Flipperdipper, JJF, ntg

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2022  ·  #13
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.