baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: I've finally started a blog

· 
Posted: 19.02.2022  ·  #81
So we left Camping Cabopino last Wednesday after a very relaxing five nights.
The only fly in the ointment was the theft of Mrs. B's phone on from our table while out for a meal on Valentines night. Well that's life these days.
We arrived at Torre Del Mar on Wednesday evening

The police are actively discouraging wild camping but it's next to impossible to get into a campsite or an Aire. Word is that, particularly at weekends they may move you on. Last night we moved a little inland to the town of Vélez-Málaga where we stayed at a service station with full motorhome services and six parking bays in a secure compound for €10.
Today we returned to the beach side parking and quite a few of the neighbours we had there before we left yesterday are still here, so maybe no police activity last night and maybe we'll chance staying here tonight. There is always the option of parking up for free in an area adjacent to the shopping centre between here and Valez-Malaga where there is a Dunnnes Stores located.
Repairs to the sat dish proved unsuccessful, it looks like the LNB arm is bent very slightly and is partly out of focus with the dish, it might work when we get to a stronger signal, if not it's destined for the metal recycling skip ☹
Diesel is currently between €1.59 and €1.63 but can be found at special economy service stations for as low as €1.35

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2022  ·  #82
Wow diesel has gone up a lot. I stayed in the campsite near where you are/were parked and saw many there for several days. No sign of antisocial behaviour from any of the MHs that we saw. No litter no cassettes being walked in the dark to man hole covers, all good. One van parked away from everyone else’s with a genny. Enjoy yourselves. Did you have an Italian or Indian on valentines night?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2022  ·  #83
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Wow diesel has gone up a lot. I stayed in the campsite near where you are/were parked and saw many there for several days. No sign of antisocial behaviour from any of the MHs that we saw. No litter no cassettes being walked in the dark to man hole covers, all good. One van parked away from everyone else’s with a genny. Enjoy yourselves. Did you have an Italian or Indian on valentines night?

It was an Italian, a great meal and brilliant night with live music. That is until we got back to the van and realised the phone was missing. We traced it later to a residential area about 8km away. It was obviously taken from the table by either a customer or a staff member towards the end of the night and not missed because Mrs B usually keeps it in her bag.
BTW for anybody parking at the beaches around Torre Del Mar, apart from being able to overnight at 36.763208,-4.094800
https://maps.app.goo.gl/MNNRcRdGV4LvXVEe9 full services can also be done for a few Euro without staying overnight.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2022  ·  #84
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

I've finally started a blog

· 
Posted: 20.02.2022  ·  #85
Quote by baguette

Our new neighbour, you to can have one, only €710k including VRT

What sort of car has he got tidied away In the garage?

Liked by: petereire

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2022  ·  #86
Quote by baguette

Order me 2 Colin !

Some of those are astounding, the Concorde and the Morelo palace being the marques you see most in Europe.

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2022  ·  #87
Quote by baguette

If you had the money would you buy one ??

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2022  ·  #88
Quote by eirebus

Quote by baguette

If you had the money would you buy one ??

Definitely not, I've not seen an Aire or a caravan park where one would fit.

AND, last night the police shifted the lot of us which included everything from a 30 year old Hymer on a series one Ducato to yer man in the Concord, which all of a sudden made us all equal.
Those of us in more humble vehicles probably had an easier time locating alternative parking.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2022  ·  #89
Quote by baguette

AND, last night the police shifted the lot of us which included everything from a 30 year old Hymer on a series one Ducato to yer man in the Concord, which all of a sudden made us all equal.
Those of us in more humble vehicles probably had an easier time locating alternative parking.

Where did that happen Colin?
And agreed, that size of a vehicle would be a hinderance in most places, and to boot……. You had the same view !

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2022  ·  #90
Quote by JJF

Quote by baguette

Where did that happen Colin?
And agreed, that size of a vehicle would be a hinderance in most places, and to boot……. You had the same view !

Here Torre del Mar, Andalusia
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Vr4W7FNZkoRYzfDz9

The Concord gave birth to a lovely Mini convertible

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2022  ·  #91
You can't hide the money 😉

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2022  ·  #92
How time flies when having fun.
After being moved on by the police from the beach side parking at Torre Del Mar we spent the night a couple of kilometres away at https://maps.app.goo.gl/MNNRcRdGV4LvXVEe9 and spent the following night at
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RMmFW5LAwmQypYDY7 before heading back to Torre Del Mar for another two nights, as predicted no police called. There were a lot less there than on the Sunday night when we were hunted. It looks like the police only take action when the numbers look like they are growing.
On Thursday we moved to
https://maps.app.goo.gl/MY1u7LwTrX7mhXUL6 it's a huge overflow area for the shopping centre. There are services around the corner at
https://maps.app.goo.gl/aFFaBZ14VpwzFCvz9 and a metro station also near by.
We stayed here (Los Patios Shopping Centre) for three nights while using the metro to visit Malaga city.

This morning we headed off in an easterly direction and tonight we are parked up here
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fP8J8P11suPMf6RW6 with about 30 other motorhomers.
Again, local knowledge says that the police check reg numbers every night and if they find you still there on night three the docket book comes out 😕
Diesel is now €1.54 in most places but we made a small detour via where we stayed for a night last week
https://maps.app.goo.gl/MNNRcRdGV4LvXVEe9 and topped up at €1.38.

Liked by: Ally, JJF, panda

Pirahna
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2022  ·  #93
We're parked up at a place called Camping Donana, just up the coast from Cadiz. To get there you have to go around the bottom of Seville which I think puts people off. It's a good and cheap site, and huge. It's camping on an industrial scale but it's fairly empty at the moment. The beach is nice if that's your thing. sh*t loads of gravel riding, just miles of dirt roads. Lots to do but you need to a bit keen on a bicycle.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2022  ·  #94
After spending two nights at Torre Del Mar we moved on to Castelle De Ferro

where we booked in to Area Tropic Autocaravanas for five nights. This is an excellent location with a beach outside the gate and some excellent restaurants nearby. We dined at Restaurante Mare Nostrum

At €10 pn including WiFi and services it's great value. Showers are available and you get a very generous 6 minutes for €1. EHU is also available for an additional charge

On Monday we moved on to one of our old favourites, Almerimar,

where we are now booked in for a few days. Before settling in we topped up the diesel at €1.48. I've decided to top up once the level drops below 3/4, which is not that often as we are covering very little ground, just in case a shortage develops.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2022  ·  #95
Here's an interesting whatever you want to call it I came across while out for a walk this morning. It's on a Saab 93

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2022  ·  #96
A cochlea or in Irish seilide, or In Waterford a Shellakybooky. 😁

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2022  ·  #97
That would work for me a treat 😁

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2022  ·  #98
Got the sat dish (Maxview Mk1 65cm Crank up) sorted a few days ago and checked the reception this afternoon.
Not bad for as far south as Almerimar in Almería Spain.
All Irish channels are coming in, plus news channels and loads more. No UK channels though.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Re: Baguette's Travels

· 
Posted: 15.03.2022  ·  #99
Pirahna
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2022  ·  #100
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Baguette's Travels

· 
Posted: 15.03.2022  ·  #101
We've had so much rein in the last few days, dust, won't be seen for the next month, I've had a garden wheel barrow fill, to overflowing, since last Friday.

Liked by: baguette

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2022  ·  #102
Just heard on the news that they are asking residents of Madrid to wear masks due to the fine dust coming from the Sahara

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2022  ·  #103
We headed off from Roquetas de Mar on the 18th. Our first stop was a local car wash which had a gantry where we removed the Sahara desert from the roof. With the mh shining clean again we headed to Almeria where we found parking at the port, which cost €13 odd for two nights. A number of warships of the Spanish Navy were in port and a very interesting Saturday afternoon was spent visiting the Galicia

On Sunday we left for Garrucha and after a spectacular drive along the AL 5107

we found free parking at the port where we settled in for another couple of nights

On Tuesday 22nd off again to San Juan de Los Terreros where we are currently sitting out yellow weather warnings for wind and rain with 3m waves forecast for along the coast.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2022  ·  #104
After three days of fairly crap weather, including more Sahara dust, we moved up to the road to Camping Bella Vista on the outskirts of Aguilas. And after a few nights there we are now at Area Camper Mazarrón. This camper park is beyond 5* and all for only €12p/n for the first 20 and €8 p/n thereafter. Click Here for a full review with photos.
Tomorrow we are planning to move on again and meet up with friends down the road at Camping Playa Mazarrón in Bolnuevo.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, sprinter

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2022  ·  #105
What did you think of Bella Vista? We were there 8 years ago over a Christmas. It was ok then but I suppose the fact we didn’t go back and stayed at Anibel alongside the petrol station when in the area says it all. The Aire outside Mazarron looks great value. Is it very busy?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2022  ·  #106

What did you think of Bella Vista? We were there 8 years ago over a Christmas. It was ok then but I suppose the fact we didn’t go back and stayed at Anibel alongside the petrol station when in the area says it all. The Aire outside Mazarron looks great value. Is it very busy?

Bella Vista is ok but nothing to rave about.
Area Camper Mazarrón is probably 50% full at the moment.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2022  ·  #107
Thank you what’s camper mazarron like for walking a dog? It’s heading towards a must stay site.

Liked by: adria

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Baguette's Travels

· 
Posted: 29.03.2022  ·  #108

Thank you what’s camper mazarron like for walking a dog? It’s heading towards a must stay site.

Don't go there Jami, you'll only be getting idea's 🤔😂

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2022  ·  #109

Quite a few dogs there but not being a dog owner I didn't take notice of and dog walking facilities, perhaps you just go outside the gate and avail of the countryside.
BTW, as I said in another thread, I asked about occupancy rates and they were full from mid October to mid March.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2022  ·  #110
How time flies. After 12 days at Camping Playa de Mazarrón we moved a little closer to home and checked into Camper Park La Ribera in San Javier on the 11th of April where we stayed for 2 days @ € 9 per night, reducing to €7 p/n for long stays, including access to toilets and hot showers, EHU is an optional extra. A round of drink (two and half pints) cost the princely sum of €6.40 in the site bar. We had a great few days and we met some friends from home.
While in San Javier the weather was still not settled with a fair bit of cloudiness and some showers.
Like other places we've stayed Camper Park La Ribera is already booked out, with a waiting list, for next winter.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2022  ·  #111
On April 13th we arrived at Camper Park Torreveija at €10 p/n including toilets, hot showers. An old friend also arrived and joined us for a few days. On Good Friday we visited the spectacular annual parade commerating the Passion of Christ, in the nearby town of Rojales. The weather has finally picked up with blue skies and the temperature in the mid 20's.
Camper Park Torreveija is a lovely place with excellent facilities its only drawback is that camping behaviour is not allowed, you can't even sit out and enjoy a beer or glass of wine with friends.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.