Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: Spain - Covid-19

· 
Posted: 01.01.2022  ·  #2
Not motorhome related but here's my recent experience:-
I came back from Torremolinos on Monday 20th after a week (flying from Manchester ),. Have the spth app but didn't use it as i filled the form in online, part filled week before then finished off 2 days before we travelled . We are triple jabbed and downloaded UK covid pass from the app into a pdf (also printed it off) The spth asks for pdf download and one option recognises UK covid passport , one the EU passport and cant remember the other. All accepted no problem and downloaded and printed off their QR code. ( The QR code as a PDF i tried to upload into the spth app but it wouldn't recognise it so didn't bother with the app). Arrived Malaga which was quiet and stress free and sailed through with passport stamped and through the booths with temperature checking . Took the lateral flow with me for entry back to UK which i took 2 days before return and had results and certificate back within half hour. One problem i did have was getting the covid pass into the UK return locator form as it wouldn't recognise the QR (second jab) . Had to take a screen shot of it and upload as a pic file which it accepted. Hotel reception were great and printed off all the forms and had no problems on return , Do recommend printing off forms as well as having on the phone heard a lot of story's about people causing big queues struggling to find stuff on their phones and heard of one guy who couldn't get any network at the airport and so couldn't show his paper work and ended up missing his flight .
The mask wearing outside and bars asking for covid passes only came in after we left so didn't affect us but mask wearing was adhered to by most of the Spanish away from the seafront.
Not sure if you have different rules in Northern Ireland.
Booked the holiday before all these restrictions came in and although we expected it to be a stressful week away it was quite stress free ,Manchester airport very quiet and got through no problem ,Malaga again straight through , flights both ways half full ,The hotel was also half full , Did a lot of walking between Torremolinos and Belenmadina and a couple of bus trips (again quiet and mask wearing mandatory) to Malaga and Fuengirola so a good week despite this covid except for the rip off covid testing for coming back into the UK. It put another £150 on the holiday. Incidentally we had got a couple of boxes of lateral flow tests weeks before we went from the government website and had done a few before we went (which were all negative).

Liked by: ColinM, PaulH

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.