baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Bins

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #2
Great idea. Could it also be used to include Civic Amenity Sites Like These . We used the one in Dingle during the summer and could have entered it with details, prices and opening times, into the app. if there was a category, Bins would do.
IIRC the guy at the entrance only charged us €3 for a smallish bag of waste

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #3
We've used the one in Skibbereen a couple of times similar to that.
One thing to note however is they have a charge for driving in but you can walk in with the bag or two of refuse, which is as much as most people might have, and just pay by the bag or by weight.
I think I paid less than €1 by weight for a bag I dropped in, adding another €5 or whatever it is for driving through the gate is a big difference.

Motorhome Parking Locations
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #4
Quote by baguette

Great idea. Could it also be used to include Civic Amenity Sites Like These . We used the one in Dingle during the summer and could have entered it with details, prices and opening times, into the app. if there was a category, Bins would do.
IIRC the guy at the entrance only charged us €3 for a smallish bag of waste

That was mostly what I was aiming for, amenity sites. But all rubbish disposal also.

Liked by: <BM>, eirebus

Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #5
Quote by baguette

Great idea. Could it also be used to include Civic Amenity Sites Like These .

All added. :up:

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #6
Quote by <BM>

One thing to note however is they have a charge for driving in but you can walk in with the bag or two of refuse, which is as much as most people might have, and just pay by the bag or by weight.
I think I paid less than €1 by weight for a bag I dropped in, adding another €5 or whatever it is for driving through the gate is a big difference.

Ya, Cork CoCo. are off the mark by charging to drive in, the one in Dingle didn't.
My local privately operated facility charges €4 for a standard black bag of waste while the Co. Co. facility a few miles away charges €5 but adds another €4 to drive the car in.
That's €9 at the CoCo site versus €4 at the private one. Typical public service rip-off / bad service versus private enterprise.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

on Bins

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #7
Quote by Motorhome Parking Ireland

Bins category added to MPI app today.
Especially worthwhile when touring ROI.

I'll start adding some tomorrow. HNY 🍺🍺

What identifier will be used,?

Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #8
Quote by sprinter

What identifier will be used,?

Download new map, bottom left icon. You'll see small green bins appear. The category can be turned on and off in settings.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #9
That'll do for today :)

Liked by: <BM>, eirebus, petereire

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #10
Quote by baguette

Quote by <BM>

Ya, Cork CoCo. are off the mark by charging to drive in, the one in Dingle didn't.
My local privately operated facility charges €4 for a standard black bag of waste while the Co. Co. facility a few miles away charges €5 but adds another €4 to drive the car in.
That's €9 at the CoCo site versus €4 at the private one. Typical public service rip-off / bad service versus private enterprise.

When I arrived there was a queue to go in to the center in Skibb and i figured things could get tight in there so decided to walk in with the bag. I expected to pay a per bag rate but the attendant there was quick enough to say throw the bag on the scale which resulted in a lower charge. Whatever about the gate charge, the staff are not trying to screw you when you go in.

The Civic Amenity Site Ballymount in Dublin which is the main SDCC Civic Amenity Site, if you have any chargeable items, you pay based on vehicle category, regardless of how full or empty, certain recyclable items are free however. I had a beat up old Seat Alhambra when we were doing renovations on the house a few years back, it was charged as an estate car. A much smaller Berlingo van was twice the price and a marginally bigger Hiace was three times the price.
Heaven knows what they'd charge in a 7.5m MoHo.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #11
Quote by <BM>

Quote by baguette

Quote by <BM>

When I arrived there was a queue to go in to the center in Skibb and i figured things could get tight in there so decided to walk in with the bag. I expected to pay a per bag rate but the attendant there was quick enough to say throw the bag on the scale which resulted in a lower charge. Whatever about the gate charge, the staff are not trying to screw you when you go in.

The Civic Amenity Site Ballymount in Dublin which is the main SDCC Civic Amenity Site, if you have any chargeable items, you pay based on vehicle category, regardless of how full or empty, certain recyclable items are free however. I had a beat up old Seat Alhambra when we were doing renovations on the house a few years back, it was charged as an estate car. A much smaller Berlingo van was twice the price and a marginally bigger Hiace was three times the price.
Heaven knows what they'd charge in a 7.5m MoHo.

Apologies for keeping this thread off the OP topic.
The Councils seem to have no idea about the absurdity of the entry charging system.
If I put a couple of bags in the back of my car it's one charge, if I don't want the smelly things in my car and put them in a trailer it's a totally different charge.
If a couple of bags are in the back of a Ford Tourneo Connect MPV it's the 'car' price if they're in the back of a Ford Connect it's a 'van' price.
That's three different pricing regimes for getting rid of the same thing, four if you include the fact there is no charge if you carry them in. Go figure.
It's little wonder that there is so much fly-tipping and littered countryside.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #12
Sure why would people not just fcuk it over the hedge and let the council then come and retrieve it?

Liked by: sprinter

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.12.2021  ·  #13
I think there is no excuse for fly tipping no matter what

Liked by: <BM>, Flipperdipper

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.12.2021  ·  #14
Can anyone explain the logic of paying by weight to dump rubbish ? Surely you should be charged by volume, the more space you take up the more you should pay.

Liked by: Paul mcg

ChrisByrne
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.12.2021  ·  #15
ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.12.2021  ·  #16
When people go to these places they should be encouraged not ripped off,and yes there is no excuse for fly tipping but what are they encouraging?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.12.2021  ·  #17
Quote by Flipperdipper

Can anyone explain the logic of paying by weight to dump rubbish ? Surely you should be charged by volume, the more space you take up the more you should pay.

Pay by weight is very unfair. Think on this.
A young couple with three children in nappies are hardest hit. Did you ever have to move a wheelie bin with a weeks supply of used disposable nappies in it, all that pee weighs a ton.

Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.12.2021  ·  #18
Quote by ChrisByrne

Great addition to the app. I will give it a mention on The Camping Crew Podcast when we record on the 5th of Jan.

Great stuff, thanks 👍

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2022  ·  #19
So the Bins category has a green bin as its icon for each bin place, these are for Bins, for your rubbish, rubbish bins & some recycling, you know to get rid of your waste as there are no public bins.

So Bins are bins and we all know what bins do, right?

Don't ask O-)

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2022  ·  #20
You’ve got communications to the contrary?

Don’t tell us we can’t stay at these locations ? 😉

Crickey …… the word “bins” is sort of self explanatory, isn’t it?

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2022  ·  #21
Wot , there's no showers or EHU at the bin locations 😩

Liked by: Ally, JJF, sprinter

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2022  ·  #22
I haven’t bin to the pub tonight, instead I chose to look out to sea at Norman View. Great location

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.