ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Come on members

· 
Posted: 13.10.2021  ·  #1
Hi Members it is great to see so many of you taking a keen interest,please take the next step and become a full MHCC member.
The dark blue coloured members names are the ones who have paid a small fee to keep what is an unrivalled club here for many years to come.
This is just an observation from someone who knows a little about what it takes to keep a business in business.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Come on members

· 
Posted: 14.10.2021  ·  #2
JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.10.2021  ·  #3
Not only helping the website.

1. Club meets
2. Full PL insurance for events
3. Early bird tickets for events
4. Club CL locations for MHCC members
5. MHCC discounts
6. Membership card & sticker

And of course, every little helps with keeping this great forum up and running.

Interested?…. Click HERE

Joe_Biden
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.10.2021  ·  #4
Can I ask what discounts are there?

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.10.2021  ·  #5
Quote by Joe_Biden

You can ask :lol: - One is with Stena which is 15% off the Irish sea crossings, worth £14.99 alone.

Anyone can join and see for themselves, if you are not happy we can fully refund you within 14 days.

Liked by: ntg, panda, R&N

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.10.2021  ·  #6
Joe_Biden
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #7
Quote by Ally

Quote by Joe_Biden

You can ask :lol: - One is with Stena which is 15% off the Irish sea crossings, worth £14.99 alone.

Anyone can join and see for themselves, if you are not happy we can fully refund you within 14 days.

Thanks but that discount isn't of any interest to me as I have no interest in taking the ferry to the UK.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #8
Joe no disrespect intended here but the nominal fee that is charged for full membership here should be seen in the light of everything that is organised costs money.
There are many discounts available to full members but if you have to have all of them spelt out before you become a full member maybe this is not the forum for you.
Many of us that have been around here for a long time believe that it is worth every penny.

Joe_Biden
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #9
Maybe I'm being selfish but at the moment, I don't see anything that's worth the price so far.

Then again, I'm happy in my own company

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #10
Quote by Joe_Biden

Maybe I'm being selfish but at the moment, I don't see anything that's worth the price so far.

Then again, I'm happy in my own company

That sure is your choice Joe but the friends that I have met and the organised meets for members sells it to me.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #11

Joe, just refer you to something you said in a post before (and pay the bills).It doesn't sit with what you are saying now. I dont use all the discounts but money is needed to run the site and maybe some day i will avail of some of them.What would you suggest to get "worth the price"

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, ntg, presstout1, ROBANDSUE, sprinter, +deleted user

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2021  ·  #12
For me the craic is worth the price. If I get to use some of the discounts along the way the that's a bonus. The help and information I've received over the last eight or nine years has been incredible and if my few Euros help the people pushing the buttons in the background to keep this site running then every cent is worth it.

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #13
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Come on members

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #14
Quote by tony glenn

Couldn't have put it better! 👍

Totally agree, although I have never had an opportunity to use any discounts, myself, keep in mind that if we don't use them, the company's won't keep giving them if they don't see any business coming their way from the forum.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, ntg

Joe_Biden
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #15
Maybe it's me but I see a distinction between the club and the website.

The website costs very little to run (domain registration and some hosting fees) but the forum approach is a massive timesink for the administrators (and I acknowledge all the efforts put in to manage the forum).

The club I see as different and distinct to the forum. Clubs cost money to run (office, insurance, etc). At the moment, I can't see any benefit of joining. For example:

• I can't see how many gatherings are organised in a typical year (Covid messed things up alright)
  • Where are the typical gathering locations? If they are 4 to 5 hours drive away, I won't be going on a typical weekend.
  • What's the typical organised activities at a gathering?
  • Is there anything for those who don't like the standard music?

So you see, I can't see the benefits of joining the club whereas I see the benefit of the website/forum.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #16
To give just one example of a club benefit,
The craic meet I host each year in Doonbeg. Our standard fee for 2 people in a MH inc ehu is €25 for any that attend as part of a club craic meet it is €15 per night inc ehu. So a couple that stay three nights would save €30. If it was a family of four the saving would be €60.
The whole campsite (18 pitches) is exclusively for club members. There is no structure to the meet so people can choose how they want to spend their time. Friendships are formed, experience and knowledge shared.
This meet is just of several held across various Irish locations. Club membership fees equals 3 pints of beer or 2 pints in Dublin.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #17
The website is & always will be free.

The club (MHCC) is less than €15 per year, it’s entirely up to an individual if they wish to contribute.
There is multiple parts of this forum that is only viewable by MHCC members that can only be seen if your in the MHCC clubs.
MHCC CL’s etc, stopovers at major public events and all meets, activities, early bird tickets and more are in these sections…… they’re not viewable to non MHCC members, why would they be?

Ally has established & ran this forum to a multi million hit site, award winning in both north and south Ireland by the tourist authorities. Photo hosting and bandwidth for such a site is not ‘run cheaply’ , it costs to keep all running and commitment to keep on top of it. But that is if no consequence other than the owner who decides whether to keep it running, or not …. as the case may be.

There is a small core of us in the background to help where we can, mostly in club admin and forum duties.

Enjoy the site, it’s free……. If you feel that the MHCC is for you then join up,
as Jamie says ….. “it’s the price of a couple or 3 pints”.. but there is no requirement to do so if you believe you’re not getting value from it or if it’s ‘not for you’.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #18
To be brutally honest, I don't think it is for you Joe. I usually find anyone not wishing to part with such a small amount of money and also being offered a 14 day right to cancel, and still not joining, would be of no benefit to the club.

Our meets starting from 2022 will be made public, so people can decide if they wish to join.

I have put two this year in a public area, of course covid had a devastating affect on meets.

P. S. The ferry goes to GB.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #19
Have been a club member since we got our first Motorhome over 10 years ago have never used the discount up to this year and now have a dci fuel card, discount doesn’t really bother me we love getting to as many meets as possible even if it takes a few hours to get to that’s part of owning a Motorhome plus we love the craic as for the music we have a lot of very talented musicians who turn up to the meets and play whatever you wish to hear ,except for that tw*t Robert hillton just likes playing what he likes ,so if your looking for a wide variety of music don’t go to any meets he’s playing at 😁🎸😂

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, ntg, PaulH, presstout1, sprinter, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #20
Quote by hillton9

,except for that tw*t Robert hillton just likes playing what he likes ,so if your looking for a wide variety of music don’t go to any meets he’s playing at 😁🎸😂

We all love you Mr Hilton 😍

Liked by: eirebus, presstout1

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2021  ·  #21
Quote by Ally

Quote by hillton9

,except for that tw*t Robert hillton just likes playing what he likes ,so if your looking for a wide variety of music don’t go to any meets he’s playing at 😁🎸😂

We all love you Mr Hilton 😍

Do we … 🤔

♥ ❤ 🎸 🎶

Of course we do 😘

Liked by: Ally, PaulH, presstout1

presstout1
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 896f
Base Vehicle: Fait Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #22
When I joined motorhomecraic in 2016 when I bought my first Moho, everyone using the site had to pay a small fee. It was worth it for the advise & information received.

I wonder if Mr Biden had to pay to join the forum, would he pay.

I get little use of the discounts & I don't get to all of the meets, but I'm more than happy to pay the paultry sum if it helps to keep this fantastic forum going.

The craics not bad either🙂

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.11.2021  ·  #23
Quote by presstout1

When I joined motorhomecraic in 2016 when I bought my first Moho, everyone using the site had to pay a small fee. It was worth it for the advise & information received.

I wonder if Mr Biden had to pay to join the forum, would he pay.

I get little use of the discounts & I don't get to all of the meets, but I'm more than happy to pay the paultry sum if it helps to keep this fantastic forum going.

The craics not bad either🙂

That is exactly how i see it Arthur,it is brilliant to have everything as long as someone else is paying for it.
In my view if you pay for nothing then you will end up with nothing.
Sometimes i really wonder how some people can get the strength to force their wallet open when they really do have to pay for something.
Just my tuppence worth. :(

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.11.2021  ·  #24
Oh dear, I’m sorry but I didn’t pay my dues to get my money’s worth but more it’s a good place to be. Jeez it’s only £15.00. What else can you do with it!
I live in England and have managed to create some really nice friendships through this club and yes you know who you are.
I despair if someone can say they are not getting they’re moneys worth.

Keep up the good work guys

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, Europa, JJF, ntg, PaulH, sprinter, tony glenn, +deleted user

PDK
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner A647
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.11.2021  ·  #25
I joined last year, I haven't used a discount or been to a meet, but the helpful info alone is worth 14.99, yes I could trawl the Internet looking for the same info but why bother when you can just ask people that have done it or know what they are talking about.
Netflix is more expensive, I dont watch everything on it but still pay. Everything in life has running costs, but some things in life are worth paying for, personally I think mhcc is one of them :)

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.11.2021  ·  #26
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.