Extra large

Jayocash
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Bike covers

· 
Posted: 11.10.2021  ·  #1
I am currently looking for an extra large bike cover. We usually have only two bikes with us. One is a large mountain bike with wide handle bars and the other is a new electric bike. Or bike rack is designed for four bikes. I have a new cover from fiamma designed for four bikes. It isn't going to fit. Looking for options . Tia

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Bike covers

· 
Posted: 11.10.2021  ·  #2
Maybe try a motorbike cover

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2021  ·  #3
voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #4
Hi Jayocash

Biggest issue currently is that bike covers are largely out of stock. I looked to get a Fiamma for approx 60 euro in July but were out of stock everywhere. Charles Camping said they were coming in but I gave up with them in the end.
I purchased one from Amazon.de

FUCNEN Large Bicycle Cover Waterproof Bicycle Covers for Storing Bikes for 3 Bikes, Robust Oxford Bicycle Garage Protective Cover for Outdoor Anti-Dust Rain UV
Link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07JD…E_itemback of our Moho

It was 39 euro including delivery. It easily covers an e-bike and a mountain bike on the back of the moho. Quality is good and an elastic cord long enough to go around the cover twice is included which secures the cover around the bikes.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #5
Quote by Daffysparks

Turn the handlebars sideways when loading it. That’s what I do. Makes it a much neater package to cover. Only takes a few seconds

That's what I do too.
Alternatively I'm thinking about putting a box on the bike rack to take the bulky light stuff from the garage and putting the heavy valuable bikes in there instead. Also the bikes will stay out of sight, stay dry and clean and be easier to lift in and out as my bike rack is a bit high.

Liked by: +deleted user

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2021  ·  #6
Quote by baguette

Quote by Daffysparks

Turn the handlebars sideways when loading it. That’s what I do. Makes it a much neater package to cover. Only takes a few seconds

That's what I do too.
Alternatively I'm thinking about putting a box on the bike rack to take the bulky light stuff from the garage and putting the heavy valuable bikes in there instead. Also the bikes will stay out of sight, stay dry and clean and be easier to lift in and out as my bike rack is a bit high.

That's exactly what we did....with one slight variation. We fitted a storage box on to the bike rack, the sun loungers and folding table are now stored in it, leaving loads of space (and easier access) in the locker for other items. The slight variation? We sold the bikes! Walking works better for us now....

Liked by: baguette

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.