Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp
Subject:

Poor water flow.

· 
Posted: 06.10.2021  ·  #1
Strange one this week.
Very poor water flow at the kitchen sink of a hire motorhome. Bathroom tap and shower OK. Unscrewed the tap nose and out came what looked like tinfoil flakes
Replaced the submersible pump in the tank incase the flakes came from it. 2019 van.

Liked by: sprinter

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Poor water flow.

· 
Posted: 06.10.2021  ·  #2
Tin foil looking flakes could be the chrome covering usually seen on the outside of the tap Billy,
How it got inside may have happened at the manufacturing plant and not picked up,
My own tap got noticably slow earlier this year and had a build up of gunk over the years,

Liked by: augharan

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Poor water flow.

· 
Posted: 06.10.2021  ·  #3
I’ve also seen flakes originate from water heaters Billy, but we’re more common on the older Carver types. A lot if the ‘chrome’ fittings are only plastic with a coating but not usually in where the water runs.

Remove pipes at bottom of tap (usually a single screw sealing with push in o rings) and turn pump on while running pipes into a bucket and establish if it’s hot or cold which is slowest.
I’ve also seen pipes kinked if they’ve been pulled in too tight at bends which can cause this.

Reverse flushing may help but pump requires removal as they’ve got a non return valve fitted.

Liked by: augharan

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.