Fishermen strike Cherbourg

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #1
French fishermen threw a bit of a wobbly today and blocked the entrance to the port. Police everywhere, they opened a gap in the fence to let people in. Fishermen lit a fire earlier, and set off some flares an hour ago. Irish ferries to Dublin delayed by an hour or two leaving. We are in the port now and checked in. Remains to be seen if we are delayed. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be busy. Not so many here.
I did manage to acquire a couple of bottles of wine to bring home.
Met Gary G, Gary and Ger last night, heard the call from across the street. Was suffering a bit this morning as a result 🥴

Joe_Biden
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Fishermen strike Cherbourg

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #2
Crap. I'm sailing Sunday so we'll see what happens. I normally aim to hit Cite de la Mer the afternoon before I'm due to sail....

Liked by: sprinter, TommyS

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #3
David, Did you hit WBS on the way trough. 😊

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #4
Quote by Joe_Biden

Crap. I'm sailing Sunday so we'll see what happens. I normally aim to hit Cite de la Mer the afternoon before I'm due to sail....

Don't forge to call in to WBS and say hi to Chris and Eva.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #5
On board now. Doesn’t look like delay will be much at all.
Martin, it’s safe to say the camper was a bit lower coming out, than it was going in. He is selling Porto 6 now.

Liked by: ntg, sprinter

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #6
Quote by Joe_Biden

Afaik it was just a one day thing localised to Cherbourg. I wouldn’t worry about it

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #7
Done the museum and submarine today. Was well impressed by it. Definitely worth a visit

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #8
Hi Daffy was the tour of the submarine good? We have walked around the outside but never went inside.
Maybe next time .
Welcome back to our rainy season😂 👍

Liked by: sprinter

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2021  ·  #9
It was very enjoyable and very interesting. Well worth the money imo. Signal fading now.
Bye till tomorrowwwwwwww

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, sprinter

krissovo
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2021  ·  #10
Quote by ntg

Hi Daffy was the tour of the submarine good? We have walked around the outside but never went inside.
Maybe next time .

I have done the tour 3 times now, I find it fascinating each time I visit and always find something new that wow’s me. As a child of the Cold War being able to walk around one of the most secretive weapons is amazing. Its also basically like a big underwater camper with genius space saving ideas.

Liked by: baguette, eirebus, ntg, panda, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2021  ·  #11
Quote by krissovo

Quote by ntg

Maybe next time .

I have done the tour 3 times now, I find it fascinating each time I visit and always find something new that wow’s me. As a child of the Cold War being able to walk around one of the most secretive weapons is amazing. Its also basically like a big underwater camper with genius space saving ideas.

In Lorient there's a sub museum with a WW2 diesel electric sub, it's tiny compared to the Redoubtable in Cherburg.

Liked by: panda, sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2021  ·  #12
Quote by baguette

Quote by krissovo

Quote by ntg

Maybe next time .

In Lorient there's a sub museum with a WW2 diesel electric sub, it's ltiny compared to the Redoubtable in Cherburg.

Unless you dive on the U260 off the Baltimor coast in Cork
at 44mtrs, at that dept inside a steel tube, is taught provoking.

Liked by: +deleted user

Stacks
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Argos A660
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.09.2021  ·  #13
Quote by baguette

Quote by krissovo

Quote by ntg

Maybe next time .

In Lorient there's a sub museum with a WW2 diesel electric sub, it's tiny compared to the Redoubtable in Cherburg.

Yes we've been to both Lorient and Cherbourg subs. Fascinating to say the least. Well worth the visit. That diesel was tough going to be on I would imagine.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2021  ·  #14
Das Boot is well worth watching, it brings realism to the conditions experienced by a U-boat crew during WW2. LINK. There are different endings to the film and the tv series, one of which spans a longer period and ends in the Straits of Gibraltar but I can't remember which one it is.

Liked by: Stacks

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.