sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Motorhomes Welcome @ Lakeside Manor Virginia

· 
Posted: 09.08.2021  ·  #1
Dear friends, we have seen some recent negativity towards wild camping locations. We have been to Virginia a couple of times lately and it a quiet place at night with nice view of the lake, also easy access with good roads. But last Saturday was the first time the bar was open. When we arrived there were new signs in the car park 'RV Parking Available, Please register in Hotel Reception'
Which I duly did, expecting to pay a fee. No Fee, we are welcome, just need to register contact details in case of Covid. So I asked for menu and took it back for review in the MH. We had all our grub with us, but decided to support the Bar and I want back to order a take away meal - A pizza and a really lovely fish box, plus chicken nuggets for the dog. Asked if I could wait and have a pint, which I did. Lady arrived to my table, mid pint, with the food in boxes and on a tray. I could not carry it all WITH the half finished pint, so she told me that she will carry the food out to the camper (at far end of the car park). On the way over she pointed out the black bin I could use for the rubbish afterwards. Told me that they never have any trouble with MH, and nobody leaves any mess behind. It would be a lovely place on a nice summers evening. There is also a drive through coffee shop, and we had coffee from there 9am the next morning. It's nice to be wanted ! Great service, Kudos deserved. ( By the way, It's just a car park, no water / waste disposal or power etc.)

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: Motorhomes Welcome @ Lakeside Manor Virginia

· 
Posted: 09.08.2021  ·  #2
Nice one!....We will be sure to do a stopover next time we are in that area :up:

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2021  ·  #3
Great service, Kudos deserved. ( By the way, It's just a car park, no water / waste disposal or power etc.)
Isn't that exactly what we want.
" nothing " but a bit of flat ground, a welcolm and somewhere to spend a few quid.

Liked by: eirebus, Elmo, GMAC, ntg, Paul mcg

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2021  ·  #4
Quote by sprinter

Great service, Kudos deserved. ( By the way, It's just a car park, no water / waste disposal or power etc.)
Isn't that exactly what we want.
" nothing " but a bit of flat ground, a welcolm and somewhere to spend a few quid.

Somewhere to dump the dumper is always handy though,

Liked by: Ally

adria
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2021  ·  #5
Parked here a few years ago for a stopover..... great to see they are still giving a friendly welcome,....

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2021  ·  #6
Quote by adria

Parked here a few years ago for a stopover..... great to see they are still giving a friendly welcome,....

It has been available for some time, good to hear its still available.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.