Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Height barriers

· 
Posted: 14.04.2021  ·  #41
Quote by sprinter

our main problem is not height barriers or signs.
It is simply that, we are too law abiding, Is there a fee to become a of the travelling community ?

Maybe not a fee but a significant cost

Liked by: +deleted user

Sojim
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2021  ·  #42
Obviously elected public representatives (TDs Co Counsellors etc) are more interested in staying in luxury hotels at the taxpayers expense than travelling around the country in a MH and spending their money supporting local economies.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, sprinter, +deleted user

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2021  ·  #43
The time has come folks for us motorhomers to show that when we legally take to the roads we will not become afraid of a few stupid signs.
In any motor vehicle you have the right to stop in a safe place,so when does a stop become an overnight?
If I was driving my car and felt tired I have the right to stop and rest,this is where the grey area comes in.
Let us Motorhomers get out there and ignore those stupid gutless signs and if challenged get it on here.
We can show that in numbers we will respect the law but we will not be brow beaten by some faceless sign erecters.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2021  ·  #44
I think a lot of us already do this. It’s the added pressure of everyone stuck in Ireland, a lot of newcomers, and the cousins shagging it up for everyone, that is causing the friction. IMO.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2021  ·  #45
Is it worth starting a thread to record people’s experiences when it comes to legally parking overnight, specifically where a challenge has occurred? Be that by a member of the public or someone acting in authority? I would personally benefit from hearing other people’s stories when it comes to how they dealt with these situations.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda, Paul mcg, sprinter, TippOff, +deleted user

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2021  ·  #46
Went to Curracloe last summer. There were 2 motorhomes that had obviously there for a few days. Rubbish everywhere and plenty of bits and pieces lying around.There were 3 others that arrived mid afternoon like me. The warden came in a few time and said nothing. The cousins started packing up and left around 7. The warden arrived shortly after this and went around the remaining vans and told us all he would have to report our reg to the office if we stayed after 8pm. We all decided to move on.

Liked by: panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2021  ·  #47
Quote by Thornwood

Went to Curracloe last summer. There were 2 motorhomes that had obviously there for a few days. Rubbish everywhere and plenty of bits and pieces lying around.There were 3 others that arrived mid afternoon like me. The warden came in a few time and said nothing. The cousins started packing up and left around 7. The warden arrived shortly after this and went around the remaining vans and told us all he would have to report our reg to the office if we stayed after 8pm. We all decided to move on.

Sounds about right. Hit the soft targets and leave the real culprits alone.

Liked by: panda

davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2021  ·  #48
Quote by Thornwood

I was one of the Motorhome that arrived. It was a pitty it was ruined for everyone. It was funny how the warden didn’t bother the cousins but was all over us. Nice enough guy, just doing his job I suppose. With the hassle in Curracloe and now the barriers I won’t be back to that part of the country in a hurry.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, panda, Paul mcg, sprinter, Thornwood, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2021  ·  #49
Quote by sprinter

It is simply that, we are too law abiding, Is there a fee to become a of the travelling community ?

We're out there to relax and have a good time. Couldn't be bothered on taking the chance of having "that conversation" with a righteous local or garda...

If not welcome, I'll go somewhere else. Simple as....

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2021  ·  #50
Quote by RTV

Quote by sprinter

We're out there to relax and have a good time. Couldn't be bothered on taking the chance of having "that conversation" with a righteous local or garda...

If not welcome, I'll go somewhere else. Simple as....

I feel the same as Rami when away I just want to relax without confrontation. Id much prefer to pay the likes of Dick for his field or Joe in Norman View and relax. that is why I an not too keen to go to the likes of Garrykennedy at the moment if there is the risk of overcrowding, I could be the first Motorhome there and if too many come I will be judged the very same way as the plonkers that wont move on when the place is full.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.