My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Campsite For sale

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #2
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

https://www.daft.ie/commercial…rk/1433410
I this has been for sale for a while now. It looks like a good investment if anyone fancies a change of life style.
I don’t know the campsite or the owner.

That’s a lot of grass to be cutting, but it could so be worth it.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #3
Quote by The Rambler

https://www.daft.ie/commercial…rk/1433410
I this has been for sale for a while now. It looks like a good investment if anyone fancies a change of life style.
I don’t know the campsite or the owner.

That’s a lot of grass to be cutting, but it could so be worth it.

There is a lot of grass but that could be altered and if not it’s no big deal with a ride on mower.

I believe I saw that the income from the combined campsite, B&B and lodge was around €90000.

And the site is manageable with 2 people albeit it would be full on especially with the B&B aspect.

The site has very good reviews on google Tripadvisor etc.

There are 32 ehu points and a MH/caravan is €29 per night for 2 people including ehu therefore potentially €900 a day for just the campsite side of the business.

Looks like the B&B could be the owners accommodation as well so potentially this could be an extended family home.

Finally I can say that running an open campsite is a great way of life and provides for the opportunity of long winter holidays.

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #4
Wow that looks beautiful. Ideal for a young couple wanting to change their life style and settle in the beautiful countryside.
A lot of hard word involved but working for yourself has it's benefits. I look forward to visiting it when things settle down.
Good luck to whomever buys it.

Liked by: eirebus, Whelaneil

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #5
I wish I had the guts to pack in what I’m doing and trying something new. But I’d be borrowing money I don’t have.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #6
St Margarets Lady's Island in Wexford was for sale a while ago, not sure if it sold.

The last time I was in the Hideaway in Skibbereen I got the impression it was going on the market. It didn't open in 2020 as far as I know.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2021  ·  #7
Quote by The Rambler

I wish I had the guts to pack in what I’m doing and trying something new. But I’d be borrowing money I don’t have.

Previously I borrowed money I didn’t have it was called a mortgage😉
But yes you’d have to be cautious.
When bought this place it didn’t have any books, just the word of the then owner of average income which even I could see was complete boll*cks. It also needed a huge amount spending on it to even get it to a reasonable standard. I knew this when I took the plunge and factored in it would take 5 years to get the place profitable. Needless to say I didn’t pay anything like €525000.

I would say that this business doesn’t appear to require much, it will have proper books showing nett profits and depending on the potential buyer you could work out if it is viable to get a house, a business with a proven nett income level.

Owning a campsite won’t suit everyone it’s 7 days a week, with long days, and it’s hard to always remain polite when you witness some really strange behaviour.

But the rewards are great and I’m not talking about the income, more so the lifestyle.

daz28
Craic'er
Homepage: facebook.com/Sandr…
My Motorhome: x marshall ambulance
Base Vehicle: landrover
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2021  ·  #8
RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2021  ·  #9
Found that very interesting and something that we could potentially work on, reached out to the auctioneer but unfortunately they already have a contract in place.

So unless something changes, this is gone.

Good heads up there Jamie!

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2021  ·  #10
I could easily set up a cheap Aire for club members only near Newry and mentioned on the forum before but always wondered if it was worth it. Might get some committee folk to have a look some time when lock down ends. I spoke to Ally about it at one stage. One for a club chat page.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2021  ·  #11
Quote by daz28

:fgrin: Would have loved something like that 20yrs ago. to old and decrepit now :(

So I see you offer overnight parking yourself Daz? Near Cong nonetheless. How has that worked out?

daz28
Craic'er
Homepage: facebook.com/Sandr…
My Motorhome: x marshall ambulance
Base Vehicle: landrover
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2021  ·  #12
Quote by The Rambler

So I see you offer overnight parking yourself Daz? Near Cong ress nonetheless. How has that worked out?

This time last year it was an over grown field full of scrap. we used it as a banger track for a few years :P
After a Landrover meet in Dublin, The wife Sandra said the field would make a good meet up place for another so I set about tidying it up. A lot of work for a weekend meet so thought it could be opened for anyone. Still early days but its mostly useable, I have a pile of scrap to weigh in and need to build some form of WC. I am limited on amount of work i can do due to a dicky ticker I am a bit slow and lacking energy, Sandra suffers a lot as well, But I will get there.
if a few people get a bit of use out of it I will be happy and it will be worth the effort, its free but small donations to my landrover project would be greatly received. but not essential.
not in the best location, and a bit tight to get to. Weather don't help much either :lol: apart from a couple of private party's no one has stayed .

roadrunner
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: self build from library bus
Base Vehicle: iveco 59 e 12 2.8 turbo iris bus
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.03.2021  ·  #13
Never been in a camp site ever and dont intend to go to one as i wild always, looks nice but na.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2021  ·  #14
Quote by roadrunner

Never been in a camp site ever and dont intend to go to one as i wild always, looks nice but na.

There are plenty of people who have no need or desire to use a campsite, plenty that use a campsite to break up wild camping and plenty exclusively use campsites. Each to there own.
Thats the option a MH gives you.

Liked by: <BM>, baguette, eirebus, ntg, Paul mcg, ROBANDSUE, Robbo52, TippOff, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2021  ·  #15

Quote by roadrunner

There are plenty of people who have no need or desire to use a campsite, plenty that use a campsite to break up wild camping and plenty exclusively use campsites. Each to there own.

Exactly!

And there's campsites that are focused on tents and camping, others for caravans and the ones like yours that it's mainly for campervans and you can definitely tell the difference.

We use campsites to break up wild camping and service our van. We would use them more during the winter to have EHU and taking advantage that it's normally just us but most of the time campsites are closed during winter so...

Liked by: sprinter

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2021  ·  #16
Quote by RTV

Quote by roadrunner

Exactly!

And there's campsites that are focused on tents and camping, others for caravans and the ones like yours that it's mainly for campervans and you can definitely tell the difference.

We use campsites to break up wild camping and service our van. We would use them more during the winter to have EHU and taking advantage that it's normally just us but most of the time campsites are closed during winter so...

Your post has made me wonder about winter closing for the majority of sites in Ireland. We traditionally closed around the end of October for the winter mainly because our intended lifestyle was about working for the traditional season and then over wintering in our van somewhere warmer. Equally though I always considered that opening in the winter in Ireland was not a viable option due to overall small numbers of MHs in Ireland compared to England, France, Holland, Germany etc but the growth in MH ownership here since we arrived in 2014 has been evident and perhaps even more so in 2020 and 2021. So perhaps if there is a demand more campsites might think about supply???
I remember in Port Isaac, Cornwall the pubs used to work together in the winter so that there would always be one open.
Perhaps I need to talk to Ken and Dave, (Nagles and riverside) and see if we can come up with a rota. Even if one of us closed at the end of November and one opened in February and one opened for 2 weeks over Christmas. Even perhaps opening as an Aire with ehu without the showers and toilets. I don’t think there are any campsites are open in Clare in winter.

Food for thought.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2021  ·  #17
Sojim
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2021  ·  #18
Spent a few lovely nights in Doonbeg back in the days we could move around. It would are great if more
sites opened during the winter months as I'd say there will be more people staying in Ireland rather than
traveling afar for the next couple of years.
Let's hope we will be able to travel around Ireland in our MHs during the Summer & beyond

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2021  ·  #19
We'll see how soon and fast travel resumes to normal levels but I would definitely expect a growth in local motorhoming.

If there were more campsites available we would certainly use them more, but for sure it'll be much quieter than the summer. So I understand why campsites close during the slow season.

I like the idea of having an arrangement between the different sites to come up with some type of rotation, that'll be pretty sweet. And at least in our case, EHU and being able to service the van is all we need... so yes, 100% aire type of solution would be ideal.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.