ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Motorhomes on the move

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #1
In the last week I have noticed a few Motorhomes moving around the roads, surely two people in a motorhome is no different to the same two people in the same house at home.
That is the way I am looking at it for Easter.
Ok I will get my funeral arrangements sorted now as I am probably going to get executed.😅

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Motorhomes on the move

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #2
Perhaps up North. I took mine for a run last Sunday, just to free everything up. The looks I got, and the shaking of heads was amazing. I waved at them all, and bamped them when I went back by them 10 minutes later.
However, I feel it would be seriously frowned upon down South to head off for a few days. At the moment anyway

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #3
I go for a run in our Motorhome about every 3 weeks. Put about 20 litres of water in and whilst out run the fridge, use the toilet, run the heater, use the taps and make tea. Obviously the fact that we drive keeps the mechanical side of the van in good order.

We travel not much further than the 10 miles that the government lay down in the regulations although I tend to treat this as a radius, so we may do more than 10 miles each way. As for the requirement that we ‘must not’ leave home except for those exempted reasons listed on the website, we use the van for one of the legitimate activities, usually shopping.

I don’t see us overnighting anywhere in the short to medium term. Between campsites being closed (not that we use them), camping club meets not happening currently and the fact that I don’t normally overnight off grid in N. Ireland with the exception of Fermanagh, I reckon we will just sit it out for a while yet.

Given that we do over 100 nights each year in normal circumstances, life is a bit Groundhog Day, so it is a real pain but c’est la vie as we would say in France, if we were there!

Davy

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #4
There are two Motorhome service organisations fairly close to where I live. Both seem to be busy so I am assuming people from both NI and ROI are using the lockdown time for service or update work so they are ready to move when the restrictions are lifted, although I don’t expect that to happen until probably June.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #5
I take mine out for a run every 2 to 3 weeks on a dry day, trying to keep it clean, I don't know if you have seen a recent news item where a couple found a dog that had been lost for 2 weeks in the Wicklow mountains, they were out on a long hill walk and the man had to carry the dog 10km on his shoulders to get it back to his house, well done you'd think,,,,, no,,, someone has reported them to gardai for being outside their 5 km limit 😠

Liked by: ntg

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #6
Quote by eirebus

I take mine out for a run every 2 to 3 weeks on a dry day, trying to keep it clean, I don't know if you have seen a recent news item where a couple found a dog that had been lost for 2 weeks in the Wicklow mountains, they were out on a long hill walk and the man had to carry the dog 10km on his shoulders to get it back to his house, well done you'd think,,,,, no,,, someone has reported them to gardai for being outside their 5 km limit 😠

Plonkers are plentiful .

Liked by: eirebus

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #7
This 5 km limit is a load of bollocks in my opinion. You can get into your car/ van/ Motorhome and drive 50 km. enjoy the journey and the scenery. Stop have a cuppa, drive home, 50 km again, and never interact with another person. All these rules are made for city dwellers, by, in the main city dwellers,.... or by idiots

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #8
The thing is, he’s not a plonker, that’s just the way a lot people seem to think is the correct way to respond after they have listened to all of the government stuff that’s going around,now let me tell ye this , I cud type here for a half an hour here if I could be bothered, but I haven’t the patience too ,in normal time if someone helps a distressed animal to health they are to be commended no dought about that , but now people’s rational thinking has been changed by what ever side they decide they want to support,,remember all of the civil wars , families against families we all know that camper vaning is extremely safe for society, but trust me, try explaining that to the rest of the country ,i never thought Ireland would end up like this. ( I have another 29 minutes if anyone’s interested)

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #9
Quote by relay racer

The thing is, he’s not a plonker, that’s just the way a lot people seem to think is the correct way to respond after they have listened to all of the government stuff that’s going around,now let me tell ye this , I cud type here for a half an hour here if I could be bothered, but I haven’t the patience too ,in normal time if someone helps a distressed animal to health they are to be commended no dought about that , but now people’s rational thinking has been changed by what ever side they decide they want to support,,remember all of the civil wars , families against families we all know that camper vaning is extremely safe for society, but trust me, try explaining that to the rest of the country ,i never thought Ireland would end up like this. ( I have another 29 minutes if anyone’s interested)

Save that other 29 mins for another topic relay racer,😀
My point was if someone takes it upon themselves to be judgemental without having any facts on someone's movements then they are good medicine for ridicule.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #10
I got the Belfast to Liverpool boat on Thursday night and back Friday night as had a bit of business. While there I exchanged a car for my daughter (car snob)and called at a solicitors office. Only interaction was with the solicitor and the salesman and that was socially distancing with face masks on. I had a couple of carry out meals again going by the rules. On board ship the majority were wearing masks and staying away from each other.It can be done is just these people who think they are above rules and regulations that make it hard for the rest of us

Liked by: augharan, baguette, ntg, sprinter, Whelaneil, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2021  ·  #11
I've seen a few alright, but mostly clearly just moving the van... going shopping, etc.

I took my van to do the CVRT the other day, no issues, no checks, nothing... almost tempted to make a detour but I didn't.

Liked by: sprinter, Whelaneil

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2021  ·  #12
but there would have been nothing wrong with taking a detour ,im not trying to cause contraversy but people should not try to get drawn into that whole "look at them driving round in their campervan sort of attitude ,just because theyve had the bejeepers scared out of them by all the government stuff thats comming out ,JUST KEEP YOURSELF DISTANCED from others

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2021  ·  #13
Quote by relay racer

but there would have been nothing wrong with taking a detour ,im not trying to cause contraversy but people should not try to get drawn into that whole "look at them driving round in their campervan sort of attitude ,just because theyve had the bejeepers scared out of them by all the government stuff thats comming out ,JUST KEEP YOURSELF DISTANCED from others

Yeah, I don't give a flying feck about what paddy thinks or how they look at me. But, with all the shite going on the last thing I need is an argument with a "Karen" or a fine from a Garda.

Can't be bothered to be honest, and my potential response would most likely play against me. So, avoid it all together...

What surprises me is that a lot of folks seems to be absolute feed up and yet, there's little to no push back to the government.

Do they really have absolute power and can dictate our lives as they want? It's scary.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2021  ·  #14
Took the Motorhome for the first spin of 2021 yesterday and have say it felt great and I cant say I got any strange looks either, well until I got home when Mrs Chausson wasn't impressed for not waiting until she finished work :lol:

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.02.2021  ·  #15
I take ours out for a thirty minute run every three weeks during the 'off-season'. During the lockdown, I must confess to leaving the silver screen cover clearly stacked vertically on the passenger seat.... almost saying 'look, I'm not on a trip, see...my passenger seat is not in use'!

Liked by: sprinter, Whelaneil

Roulston1008
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Conversion
Base Vehicle: 2016 Citroen Relay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2021  ·  #16
Nice to see a few motorhomes the car park of Tesco's in Clonmel today

Liked by: Whelaneil

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2021  ·  #17
I took mine for its once a month spin to the top of the lane and back about 6 times as it is not taxed during winter/lockdown. When turning st the top of the lane a lady who was out for walk stopped and asked me questions about the van and how she always wanted one etc. I plugged Motorhome craic and she mentioned camping at StandCamping Doonbeg one year and had great praise for the facilities and Jaime and Amanda. Nice to not even leave the end of the lane to have a pleasant socially distanced chat about motorhoming. A taste of normality!

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2021  ·  #18
While working up around the North Coast in recent weeks it is becoming more noticeable that motorhomes are getting out and about again.
Just yesterday I met one from a large rental company traveling near Coleraine and the couple in it definitely appeared to be in Holliday mode.
Easter is still my target although it may have to be curtailed to staying hear home.

Liked by: glastry

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Motorhomes on the move

· 
Posted: 26.02.2021  ·  #19
There was a guy at his ease in a 660 Burstner on the on the seafront in Greystones yesterday.

glastry
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes-Benz hymer s550
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

current travel

· 
Posted: 26.02.2021  ·  #20
Quote by ntg

While working up around the North Coast in recent weeks it is becoming more noticeable that motorhomes are getting out and about again.
Just yesterday I met one from a large rental company traveling near Coleraine and the couple in it definitely appeared to be in Holliday mode.
Easter is still my target although it may have to be curtailed to staying hear home.

as Norman has said , there are a few vans about. i travelled this week and was suprised to see vans obviously parked for the night around Downpatrick and Ardglass !
Getting away even a short distance around Easter would be good.
Here's hoping.

MotorhomeCraic
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2021  ·  #21
Quote by ntg

😡

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2021  ·  #22
I took mine for its three weekly run today but I didn't set foot outside my gate, it stayed in the mh for the duration 😁

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.