Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Lockdown Boredom Room 101

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #1
Hi guys...

Been a while and I'm not staying (for now), I had a thought today about you all, and lockdown, and wanted to create this topic if I'm still allowed 😁

1st April 2020 and since.........

Some of us have problems, some of us are the problem, some of us create problems, some of us dont know they are the problem and others are just problems. We all have our 'ways' our 'personaliities' our 'beliefs" and our dogma.

Then there are MHCC'ers 😁

The best bunch ever, who can suffer problems.

Lockdown has been a bitch, a right PITA, a Motorhome ruination, a club destroyer.

Yet..,..... Here we are ❤ still here in our own ways, still battling, some of us suffering more than others, either mentally, with business or even both.

I have, what they call these days 'mental health' - we all have mental health, some of us cope, some of us don't. Some of us will sail through lockdown, some of us won't.

This topic is for you all, what have you been doing in lockdown? How are you coping? What's your story?

Do you need help? Do you want to have a rant? Are you struggling? Will putting it into writing help?

Or do you want to tell us a lockdown story? A sad story, a funny story a heartwarming story, an angry story?

Maybe you need help in other ways that you can't put into writing, then seek us out and we will do what we can to help.

Anything.... Let's have it.....

"Lockdown Boredom Room 101"

Love,
Ally

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: Lockdown Boredom Room 101

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #2
Hi old boy,😄 good to hear from you.
There was a rumour going around that you had won the lottery and flown to some carrabian island but I did not believe that .
Roll on the time when we can all get together again . Stay safe and not too many Carlsberg.👍

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #3
Well howdy. Yep this pandemic is the absolute pits. Everyone is suffering. Some worse than others. I sincerely hope you, Julie, and all your family are surviving it as best you can. Great to see your post.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, sprinter

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #4
Lockdown boredom Room 101.

Today I wondered where would I come out if I could drill a tunnel from my house, through the center of the world, and come out the other side. 🤔

In the Pacific Ocean as it turns out. Nearest land mass Campbell’s island, a couple of hundred kilometers off New Zealand South Island. This was a good day. Tomorrow is ground hog again.

Edit: Oops. I decided to blur out some digits in case somebody reverse engineers it and decides to stalk me. 😆

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #5
that's really interesting to know, because I was always told that if I dug a hole deep enough you could get to Australia, 😭
Feck that I'd better start filling it in in case I flood the garden.😠

Liked by: Ally, The Rambler

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

Today I wondered where would I come out if I could drill a tunnel from my house, through the center of the world, and come out the other side. 🤔

Interesting, how did you work it out? Or... Is 'there and app for that'?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #7
Quote by MotorhomeCraic

Quote by The Rambler

https://www.antipodesmap.com/

Liked by: Ally

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #8
Am thinking of getting a cat, so I can kick it and have a day out at the vets 😁

No cats were injured in the making of this remark.!!

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #9
Nearly made my dream destination!

But I'm drowning....

Liked by: The Rambler

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #10
The Saturday night Craic quiz has been keeping us sane throughout this lockdown. It gives us something to look forward to from one week to the next. Usually all the same faces but sure you couldn’t get a nicer bunch. The Craic is mighty into the wee small hours. Although we can’t wait to get back on the road we’ll miss our Saturday night therapy.

Liked by: Ally, R&N

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #11
Quote by MotorhomeCraic

Quote by The Rambler

Take your current latitude and invert the sign (make minus), then add 180 degrees to your current longitude. Then spin that globe around (google earth/maps) to find your polar opposite. 🤓

Liked by: Ally

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2021  ·  #12
I think if you read my other post ( Motorhomeless ) you may have some idea what Ive been doing since December. on the internet most days looking for a replacement Van/motorhome. Ive learnt to navigate trough mostly French sales sites, but also UK and German for comparison, to look at the interior layout as some sites have few photos on the initial adds. So in starting off I was looking for something that might see me out as they say, with a figure I would like to spend and one I could afford to spend.
Initially I was thinking if moving away from a van, to a Low Profile ( Profile ) under 7mtr, with French bed and nothing less in it then our Sprinter, ( 6.85mtr ), I was looking at a Baveria, and I came across a A class Rapido, and sent the wrong link to my Daughter and son by mistake, who then discussed it with her mother, so we were off, in the A class ( Integral ) hunt. both of those were sold, while trying to get, as much information as possible, one I even signed a booking form for on a Monday and when the Rep, went in Tuesday, a deposit had been taken Saturday afternoon,
The lessons learnt. French dealers don't all work on Mondays, Deposit is King.
If you have a make or Carrier you don't want, or what you cant live with ( wine colored upholstery ), try to recognize, what you want from the outside. so as not to wast your time looking at stuff you are never going to buy, why look at a whole lot of Renault's or Citroen's, if you only want a Fiat.
Get the priority questions asked first. Copy of, Logbook, Manufacturer cert of conformity , Test Cert.
Make a full list of all your preferred spec, and tic it off and ask all the remaining questions in order of priority at one go.
In all, I missed 3 in France, 1 in Ireland and another which I don't think the guy really wants to sell.
I now have a deposit on a Pilote Explorateur 703 FP on a 318 Sprinter 3ltr automatic. with less kilometers, than mileage I put on the van since I bought it.
what am I going to do for now, when I get it home, you guessed plan on bring it back to France a.s.a.p.

Liked by: Ally, The Rambler

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.