Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

Re: How soon will those wheels be turning

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #2
Well I suppose I was lucky. A month in the south of Spain mid Feb and managed a two week tour of N Ireland beginning of July and met up with a lovely cluster of Craicers at portstewart but yes I get your point I haven’t been out much since except to give the ole van a bit of a loosen up. This year will also be a slow starter but all we can do is live in hope.
Keep safe guys and hopefully some form of normality will return sooner rather than later

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #3
The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #4
Quote by eirebus

First trip booked for 2021!!

Hopefully off to Iceland in February ❤

If that goes well, probably look at going to Aldi in March.😁

You had me there for a moment Dave. I was thinking Iceland, good choice, low case numbers. And then bam! 😆

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #5
Quote by The Rambler

You had me there for a moment Dave. I was thinking Iceland, good choice, low case numbers. And then bam! 😆

He had me aswell,
What was going through my mind for a second or two was what connecting ferry goes there 😂😂

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #6
Quote by mad max

Quote by The Rambler

He had me aswell,
What was going through my mind for a second or two was what connecting ferry goes there 😂😂

M/S Norröna [youtube]

[/youtube] about €3k return with a cabin in June

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, The Rambler

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #7
Happy days,

Thanks for that Colin 👍🏻

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #8
Desperation, we'd fall for anything that looks like a trip 😁

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #9
Me too thinking wonder what tyres will be fitted

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #10
Good one,I’m just back from turkey over Xmas , probably same next year

Liked by: ntg

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #11
These vaccines cant come quick enough.....Really hope by September we can get to Continent

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #12
The problem with the coming year is that, assuming an improvement in the situation, which is a big assumption, the dates of vaccination are unpredictable at present. Given two people of differing ages and two doses then I don’t think I would book the continent in the foreseeable future. Perhaps when they get into the swing of rolling it out, we will have a bit more ability to plan.

Davy

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #13
I agree with you, it is going to be a bit of a waiting game alright.

First a wait to get the vaccine.

Second a wait to learn how effective it is

Let us be confident and have a positive outlook for 2021, with an optimistic outlook towards hitting the road again...!

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #14
jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #15
Folks, occasionally I’ve come in here and had a look at what was going on in the Motorhome world? My Motorhome hasn’t been used for months apart from us living in it while medical staff occupied our home as they couldn’t travel home. Presently, the situation is very very serious and I want to make it clear, I can only speak for NI and the hospital where I work. I’ve had close friends who have been taken by Covid - 19 and it has effected me on a personal level, without all the pastoral situations I’ve had to deal with. I can tell you I’ve had some very difficult situations to deal with over the past 9 months that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I want to make it clear that I’m not just a denominational chaplain but one who looks after the spiritual and other needs of all patients and families irrespective of who they are? Many people over the years have lapsed from their church but that doesn’t mean they didnt have a belief system or a faith or maybe none but I am there for them. If people saw what I have, they would be more careful and certainly the last 9 months has really changed my attitudes and outlooks on things. Folks, all I’m asking is to please be patient, careful and DONT take any risks whatsoever.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #16
Quote by jacktherev

Folks, occasionally I’ve come in here and had a look at what was going on in the Motorhome world? My Motorhome hasn’t been used for months apart from us living in it while medical staff occupied our home as they couldn’t travel home. Presently, the situation is very very serious and I want to make it clear, I can only speak for NI and the hospital where I work. I’ve had close friends who have been taken by Covid - 19 and it has effected me on a personal level, without all the pastoral situations I’ve had to deal with. I can tell you I’ve had some very difficult situations to deal with over the past 9 months that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I want to make it clear that I’m not just a denominational chaplain but one who looks after the spiritual and other needs of all patients and families irrespective of who they are? Many people over the years have lapsed from their church but that doesn’t mean they didnt have a belief system or a faith or maybe none but I am there for them. If people saw what I have, they would be more careful and certainly the last 9 months has really changed my attitudes and outlooks on things. Folks, all I’m asking is to please be patient, careful and DONT take any risks whatsoever.

Jack nobody could disagree with that post,for sure you have gave it 100%.
Yes people are now getting impatient but our NHS staff and people of your own profession have stood shoulder to shoulder and the sacrifices could never be paid with money.
You have just said that you moved into your motorhome in order to give your house to others,that sure is some commitment.
I really look forward to you getting back on here when this is all over and let the witty banter continue.
For now we are proud of you.👍👍👍

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

How soon will those wheels be turning

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #17
Jack, You are, and will always be one of our quiet Hero's, we have noticed you keeping an eye on us also. I'm sure I speak for all of us in hoping you keep safe and well and wish you a quite and relaxed new year.

We will take heed of your words, for me I think,Vaccine or no we will still be having this type of conversation for the whole of next year.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #18
Quote by ntg

Quote by jacktherev

Jack nobody could disagree with that post,for sure you have gave it 100%.
Yes people are now getting impatient but our NHS staff and people of your own profession have stood shoulder to shoulder and the sacrifices could never be paid with money.
You have just said that you moved into your motorhome in order to give your house to others,that sure is some commitment.
I really look forward to you getting back on here when this is all over and let the witty banter continue.
For now we are proud of you.👍👍👍

Norman,
It was no sacrifice for us to move into our Motorhome indeed it was a real blessing to me as it gave me a sense of being on holiday and a bit of relief. That’s why I did the Circus Exhibition at The Junction as it gave me some time to myself and helped me to divert my thoughts away from it all. I fully appreciate people are getting impatient and I am one of them but now is the time to patten down the hatches until the vaccine gets rolled out. I am so thankful I’ve already had my 1st dose of it and shortly will be getting my 2nd and that will bring me a great sense of relief when I pi]it on PPE and go into a Covid - 19 situation.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #19
Jack people like you are the heros, I would have loved to have visited your exhibition but at present I am not doing visiting or shopping.
My original post was only to keep the banter on motorhomecraic going and hopefully we will all get the opportunity to have a craic meet when this is all over.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #20
My stepson is an anaesthetist in ST GEORGES hospital in London.
The stories are not good for printing at this time.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.01.2021  ·  #21
I would pay heed to Jack’s words. I think this third wave is going to be brutal, like nothing we have seen already. Hunker down and hold on, it’s about to hit. The vaccines are around the corner.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, sprinter

augharan
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.01.2021  ·  #22
Have to agree with all Jack has said, I didn't take the virus very serious at the start.
But after loosing 2 family members I have changed my way of thinking.
Still disappointed at not getting away for the new year buy sure thinks can only get better.
On the plus side the older we are we'll get the vaccine the sooner !!!

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #23
Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #24
Even though I was hoping to be able to move within County come March, I am thankful that restrictions are being extended further then maybe we will at last get to grips with this horrible pandemic. We are all fed up to the teeth, but this needs to end and not continue on and on through the year. Hopefully we will see light at the end of the tunnel. 8-)

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #25
How many remember a group called Hedgehopper Anonymous and their anti war song
"Its good news week"

This is worse than any war
https://www.bing.com/videos/se…ORM=VDQVAP

See this happy news today

The battle against Covid-19 will last at least ten years, a leading scientist warned today.

Professor Sharon Peacock, director of the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium, also told how the Kent strain of the virus is likely to sweep around the world.

The professor of public health and microbiology at Cambridge University’s Department of Medicine made clear the threat from the virus would be hugely diminished as vaccines are rolled out, medicines improve and people understand how social distancing can combat it.
She also made clear that the virus may change to no longer be fatal or cause serious illness.

“Once we get on top of [the virus] or it mutates itself out of being virulent - causing disease - then we can stop worrying about it. But I think, looking in the future, we’re going to be doing this for years,” she told the BBC.

“We’re still going to be doing this ten years down the line, in my view.”

bryanweb
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Vaccines are not the silver bullet for endless road adventure

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #26
Sorry to be a downer - but the vaccines do not give 100% protection - and also the AZ vaccine looks like to only gives a 2/3 reduction in risk of carrying infection and giving to others based on first real evidence. So social distancing and all sorts of safety behaviours are going to be with us for quite a while. HOPEFULLY this does not mean we can't all roam the roads as we are destined to do ASAP - but I would not feel safe just because i was vaccinated - and we won't be allowed to behave as if we are immune - a response that will guarantee a fourth wave even AFTER vaccinations are finished. Four million people can between them get and cause a LOT of infection at a 1/3 rate of infection vulnerability and a 1.3 rate of carrying. Just a few cases would go to thousands in weeks - even with everyone vaccinated. So let's be realistic - and assume travel may not be the same for a while - but lets also pray for it to be safe enough to get out there for those (safe) adventure as soon as humanely possible.

Liked by: Marzypan

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #27
Reading the news today really made my stomach turn and felt like whatever was left of my soul left my body.

Not official yet, but it will be most likely.

I can't believe that they allow some folks roam freely (parents) but those of us that want to get out and be alone on a mountain or surfing or whatever activity we want to do outdoors are still in house arrest.

As long as we "save easter" I suppose... makes me sick.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #28
Well according to Prof Luke O'Neill on the radio earlier, the latest studies have shown that transmission via surfaces is a much smaller pareto than originally believed and that most of the viral matter that had been detected on various surfaces was dead viral fragments.

Taking that into consideration, the 'flattening of the curve' that happened last April was most likely just a seasonal effect, it happened without masks and didn't resurge until the winter outside of the meat plant outbreaks. We should see that seasonal fall off repeated this year and add in the vaccination of the elderly, vulnerable and healthcare workers, the cases / hospitalisations / ICU admissions / deaths should all fall very quickly through March, April and May. Expect the opening up to be done on a similar schedule to last year.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #29
I normally try and see things from an optimistic point of view, but in this instance pessimism seems to be the dominant feeling amongst the masses. Hopefully some sort of travel will be possible over the summer, even within ones county would be enough for now.
Fingers crossed.

Liked by: adria, augharan, CHAUSSON, eirebus, Marzypan, ntg, sprinter, Whelaneil, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #30
Quote by JJF

I normally try and see things from an optimistic point of view, but in this instance pessimism seems to be the dominant feeling amongst the masses. Hopefully some sort of travel will be possible over the summer, even within ones county would be enough for now.
Fingers crossed.

I'm exactly on the same boat, travel within county is the only thing I'm hoping for at some point in 2021.

It's infuriating to see how our government keeps flipping the script every other week, specially when the numbers are on a steady decline. How much longer are they going to keep us in house arrest thanks to their incompetency and not having the balls to say "no" to xmas.

And your man telling us that he'll go to the US for Paddy's if invited just makes my blood boil, unreal.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #31
Quote by JJF

Fingers crossed.

Intercounty travel will happen from June, similar to last year. There was no spike in cases when things opened up last summer. Provided cases are down and vaccination is continuing, there is no justification to keep locked down through the summer.

Liked by: eirebus

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2021  ·  #32
Providing these new more highly transmissible variants don’t throw a spanner in the works. Even Australia and NZ are revising their travel restrictions due to the SA variant.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #33
eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #34
Quote by JJF

Pretty abysmal analysis 🥺:

https://www.rte.ie/news/corona…trictions/

They're worried about the new variants and they're doing nothing to stop people coming from S Africa and Brazil where these variants are, Australia aren't even letting Australians come home, we'll be back to last March when we let people in from Italy

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #35
It is all very well playing hard ball with local businesses but the reality of the situation is that quite a lot of these local establishments will never be open again.
How much punishment must these people have to endure because of the shortcomings of others at the earlier stages of this pandemic?
Local businesses did not import this virus from China,but the greed of Airlines and Airports did play a large part.
Ok rant over 😤 it must be getting near 🍺 time.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #36
The businesses will stay “open” for as long as the pup payment is in place. When that stops, the businesses then will make the decision to close, once there is no more support. A huge shitstorm coming. I’m sure I’m not the only one that can see this, except anyone in Government.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2021  ·  #37
Quote by Daffysparks

The businesses will stay “open” for as long as the pup payment is in place. When that stops, the businesses then will make the decision to close, once there is no more support. A huge shitstorm coming. I’m sure I’m not the only one that can see this, except anyone in Government.

Exactly my point David.

Liked by: +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.