Mental Health Issues Due to COVID-19

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #1
This year has given most of us a lot of struggles. There were a lot of restrictions, especially when going to places. I know several people who are still dealing with mental health issues such as depression and anxiety due to lockdowns. How about you guys? Did you struggle mentally as well or were you able to adapt instantly to the changes?

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Mental Health Issues Due to COVID-19

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #2
That's a very good and valid question, a subject that is close to my heart and is not discussed often enough. I personally haven't been affected but can empathise with those that have been. If there is anyone struggling, we would travel anywhere in Ireland to support them, keeping in line with current regulations. Even to park up at a beach or whatever, sometimes knowing a non judgemental ear is as good as any meds. Don't be afraid to reach out on here, there are so many caring friends at your fingertips.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #3
Quote by Krispyjet

This year has given most of us a lot of struggles. There were a lot of restrictions, especially when going to places. I know several people who are still dealing with mental health issues such as depression and anxiety due to lockdowns. How about you guys? Did you struggle mentally as well or were you able to adapt instantly to the changes?

I think most will have had some form of anxiety and been a bit down/depressed with the restrictions this year but equally I think many would also be grateful they were living in Ireland. Ireland seems to have got a better handle on the restrictions necessary to get on top of the virus, you only have to look at ecdc map to understand there are many countries with far higher case numbers and positivity rates. And many countries in Europe are still experiencing case numbers that are comparable to their highest peaks.
I also personally appreciate how much space I have around me I would hate to be living in London right now, mind you I never liked living in London full stop.
Those of us lucky enough to have motorhomes parked on our drives will get the opportunity to take off when the circumstances allow and I think more than ever people have realised that you don’t need to travel 100s of miles to change your environment and outlook.
I have my van packed all ready to go all I have to do is grab some provisions out of the house fridge and set for a night or nights away.
2020 has been a year of adversity but we can adapt we can look forward to hopefully a much better 2021. And even if 2021 isn’t great we can and will make the best of it.
My glass is half full.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #4
I believe anxiety and mental health issues have been pushed to crisis levels even before Covid. Especially for millennials. They seem to be facing the brunt of it. Eat well, sleep well, and live well. 2021 will surely turn up some new opportunities!

Liked by: GMAC

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #5
Those of us who own Motorhomes are very lucky; I've even slept in it outside my back door just to have a change of scenery over the lockdown. Hopefully we will be able to move about more freely in 2021, there isn't a problem with social distancing when you go away but being able to just go somewhere is so important. I can't see us travelling abroad in 2021 but that's ok, there are some fab places here at home where we can park up and chill out. I've booked Bundoran for the New Year so that's something to look forward too. Happy Christmas everyone and keep safe.

Liked by: Harvey, Krispyjet

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

I believe anxiety and mental health issues have been pushed to crisis levels even before Covid. Especially for millennials. They seem to be facing the brunt of it. Eat well, sleep well, and live well. 2021 will surely turn up some new opportunities!

And spend less time reading and believing the c*** that social media feeds them!

Liked by: Marzypan, norma

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #7
Quote by Albert the Talbot

Quote by The Rambler

And spend less time reading and believing the c*** that social media feeds them!

Touché!

Eat well, sleep well, live well, and get the xxxx off social media!

Liked by: Marzypan, norma

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #8
Quote by Helgahobby

That's a very good and valid question, a subject that is close to my heart and is not discussed often enough. I personally haven't been affected but can empathise with those that have been. If there is anyone struggling, we would travel anywhere in Ireland to support them, keeping in line with current regulations. Even to park up at a beach or whatever, sometimes knowing a non judgemental ear is as good as any meds. Don't be afraid to reach out on here, there are so many caring friends at your fingertips.

Nick that is a hell of an offer but not surprising from a cracker, these are times when you realise who friends are.👍👍

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus, GMAC, JJF, norma, sprinter, +deleted user

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #9
Hi all!

At first. it's really crazy with all the news from mainstream media depicting the virus as some kind of apocalypse. Can't blame those people who don't know better. If you don't have any urgent business, I say stay away from the news and social media.

Quote by Marzypan

Those of us who own Motorhomes are very lucky; I've even slept in it outside my back door just to have a change of scenery over the lockdown. Hopefully we will be able to move about more freely in 2021, there isn't a problem with social distancing when you go away but being able to just go somewhere is so important. I can't see us travelling abroad in 2021 but that's ok, there are some fab places here at home where we can park up and chill out. I've booked Bundoran for the New Year so that's something to look forward too. Happy Christmas everyone and keep safe.

Lucky indeed!

Liked by: Stacks

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2020  ·  #10
Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.12.2020  ·  #11
Quote by JJF

For many of us 2020 was the year we’d make everything happen.
For most of us we’ve come to realise we should be thankful for what we’ve got.

Sit tight, wait it out, stay positive and focussed and we will see this through.
Have a happy Christmas one and all, and here’s to a better 2021.

Merry Christmas! 2021 is going to be better! Let's all claim it.

Here's an article from WHO you guys might be interested in. It talks about our health during this mentally challenging time.
https://www.who.int/campaigns/…A8QAvD_BwE

Have a look when you get the chance. Keep safe!

Liked by: CHAUSSON, JJF

locuschird
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.12.2020  ·  #12
Hi. Thanks for sharing. I read the article "Looking After Our Mental Health." That's what we should be doing aside from the physical precautions as this virus also attacks mental health.

Liked by: Harvey

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.12.2020  ·  #13
Yes mental health is a critical part of our wellbeing.

Liked by: Harvey

locuschird
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.01.2021  ·  #14
Sadly, millions of people are suffering from mental health issues. And most are relying on medications to live close to normal as much as possible. This pandemic made it worse. I hope people will find the motivation to cope and finally start to embrace life, both the sweet and bitter parts of it.

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #15
Mental health is a serious thing, and people should start working on this if we want to have a saner future generation. A disturbed child will soon be a disturbed parent and so on. It will never end.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #16
From someone who suffers from mental illness all I can say is thank god for having a great wife and family who has stood by me ,I’ve suffered for five six years now and only for family and new horizons thing would have been a lot worse ,I feel for people less fortunate than myself ,men are more inclined to hold back from talking about how they feel than the opposite sex , we are also very lucky to have the camper we’re we could jump in and drive of ,but now with this lock down things can get a bit on top ,my small bit of advice is ,for all it’s worth get out and walk a good long walk helps clear the mind and keep busy ,since the lockdown from last year my garden looks like the garden of Eden 😂 and still lots more to do

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #17
To be able to say how you have been affected means you have come a long way, it can be difficult enough to even tell your wife how you are feeling at a particular point in the day never mind anyone else

Liked by: ntg

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #18
Quote by hillton9

since the lockdown from last year my garden looks like the garden of Eden 😂

Hope your not walking around the garden covered by just a fig leaf.....Chilly on the willy as they say!! :lol:

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #19
Good god John too much information. I am scared for life. O-)

Liked by: panda, The Rambler

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2021  ·  #20
Quote by panda

Quote by hillton9

since the lockdown from last year my garden looks like the garden of Eden 😂

Hope your not walking around the garden covered by just a fig leaf.....Chilly on the willy as they say!! :lol:

But is He going around the garden on his own :-/ :P

Liked by: panda

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2021  ·  #21
At the start of my illness I felt ashamed which lead to a deeper depression I didn’t talk to anyone till it was to late ,it is a illness and nothing to be ashamed of but it took a few dedicated people and a lot of love and positive energy from my wife family and my best friends to get me to where I am today ,don’t get me wrong I’m still suffering from this terrible illness but now I can talk about it I don’t hold anything in now and I’m not ashamed to tell people I’m ill ,but one thing I find a good sense of humour helps a lot 🤪😂😁 if I can bring a little bit of happiness to someone else I feel great ,chins up and rock on 🎸👍😁

Heylonride
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2021  ·  #22
I take it day by day. So far, I think it's working out for me. I don't want to plan ahead, just as long as I follow safety precautions.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2021  ·  #23
Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2021  ·  #24
Quote by Heylonride

I take it day by day. So far, I think it's working out for me. I don't want to plan ahead, just as long as I follow safety precautions.

I get you. Appreciate life by living in the present.

Quote by hillton9

Don’t forget your not alone always speak to someone 👍

Thanks. I will. We're lucky to have this community.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.