The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Wet & Forget

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #1
Now this is not a Sunday morning hangover story. I’m wondering if anyone has used this product ‘Wet and Forget’ Link?

It’s for removing mould, moss , lichens etc. You just spray it on and let in work. I’m not sure if it is suitable for motorhomes and caravans, it probably would work. But I need to remove a lot of moss from the roof of my house. I can’t get up there to use a power washer so thought this might be a good alternative.

If anyone has used this product I would be grateful to hear about it and if anyone knows where I might source this in Ireland I would be extra pleased.

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

Re: Wet & Forget

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #2
Used it on the Patio a couple of times. It worked great and lasted for about two years. It's slow to work initially but does a good job once it gets going. It can also be used to remove Moss/Algae from the roof of your Motorhome.

Available from Clarkes of Cavan, €45 for 5 Litres.

Liked by: panda

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #3
Clarkes of Cavan? Now we're talking. Thanks Stoney!

Liked by: Stoney

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #4
Quote by The Rambler

Now this is not a Sunday morning hangover story. I’m wondering if anyone has used this product ‘Wet and Forget’ Link?

It’s for removing mould, moss , lichens etc. You just spray it on and let in work. I’m not sure if it is suitable for motorhomes and caravans, it probably would work. But I need to remove a lot of moss from the roof of my house. I can’t get up there to use a power washer so thought this might be a good alternative.

If anyone has used this product I would be grateful to hear about it and if anyone knows where I might source this in Ireland I would be extra pleased.

I've used it on the motorhome roof. It works great and lasts a couple of years. Again I got mine from Clarke's of Cavan, the price includes shipping but if you live in N.I. it's cheaper from Amazon but they don't ship to ROI.

Liked by: The Rambler

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #5
Clarke’s do free delivery on orders over €50. I can easily make the difference. I have yet to come up with a method of application.

I wonder do Clarke’s sell these?

Liked by: eirebus, johnnymac

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

Clarke’s do free delivery on orders over €50. I can easily make the difference. I have yet to come up with a method of application.

I wonder do Clarke’s sell these?

I use one similar to this https://www.woodies.ie/garden-…er-1066909 I can spray even under the solar panel. The last time I bought from Clarke's I only bought the 5 litres of it and it was postage free.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #7
I’m looking to do the roof of a 2 story house, so the garden sprayer won’t cut it.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #8
Quote by johnnymac

Quote by The Rambler

I've used it on the motorhome roof. It works great and lasts a couple of years. Again I got mine from Clarke's of Cavan, the price includes shipping but if you live in N.I. it's cheaper from Amazon but they don't ship to ROI.

Are you satisfied that it is ok with aluminium and paintwork on the motorhome?
I have got it to use on the house roof but would like assurance before using it on motorhome.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #9
Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #10
Quote by The Rambler

I’m looking to do the roof of a 2 story house, so the garden sprayer won’t cut it.

Just a thought. Fill a balloon with the product and launch it with a drone and when in position whack it with a catapult.
Yes I’m under pressure with lockdown..,,

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #11
Its a dilute solution of Benzalkalonium Chloride (BAC), less than 10% I think.
These are ammonium salts and are also used to disinfect areas.
I got mine from a company called Mistral and its called Lancelot and uses DDAC instead of BAC which is a more effective chemical.
Diluted down to 1:4 with water and use a garden pressure sprayer to apply it in a mist.
The effect lasts for a long time, at least a few month but the trick is to apply it and let it dry in, don't try to do it on a wet day or the rain washes it away and it won't work.
It needs I think about 6 hrs and it will dry in.
It will kill moss off tarmac as well so very useful stuff.
One word of warning, use safety goggles when you are spraying and a mask, this stuff is very bad for eyes and safety glasses are not effective.
I sprayed my van with it and it killed all the green algae and the moss that grows on the foam pads in the corner of Ducato windscreens.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #12
My back garden is all concrete and in winter gets zero sunshine.....every 6 weeks power washing. This product could be a good alternative 👍

Liked by: eirebus

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2021  ·  #13
Quote by Albert the Talbot

Quote by The Rambler

Just a thought. Fill a balloon with the product and launch it with a drone and when in position whack it with a catapult.

😂😂🤣 I love it!

I am completely serious about the Nerf Supersoaker by the way. If that doesn’t work I will be wasting €45 on the Wet&Forget. It should work.

Liked by: eirebus

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #14
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by The Rambler

😂😂🤣 I love it!

I am completely serious about the Nerf Supersoaker by the way. If that doesn’t work I will be wasting €45 on the Wet&Forget. It should work.

This is what you need. 5.4 Telescopic Sprayer Lance MHSPR00166. from
Agridirect.ie,
Drumrahan Retail Ltd,
Church Street,
Ballyconnell,
Co.Cavan
P: 049 9527944
E: sales@agridirect.ie

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #15
Quote by panda

My back garden is all concrete and in winter gets zero sunshine.....every 6 weeks power washing. This product could be a good alternative 👍

Mine is the same and I use a different version of it, no standing for hours washing concrete

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #16
Quote by sprinter

Quote by The Rambler

Quote by The Rambler

😂😂🤣 I love it!

This is what you need. 5.4 Telescopic Sprayer Lance MHSPR00166. from
Agridirect.ie,
Drumrahan Retail Ltd,
Church Street,
Ballyconnell,
Co.Cavan
P: 049 9527944
E: sales@agridirect.ie

Sounds perfect Martin, but that’s €139. And that’s just the lance. I’d need to buy the sprayer. That’s a bit out of budget. I wonder could I rent something similar.

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #17
The Lancelot Green Cleaner reads like it would be ideal to clean the MH roof alright.

Is there anybody stocking it in Ireland?

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #18
Check with sure clean in Omagh I think they are,
Soft wash is the same stuff,

Jason, use a power washer to put it on, add it to the deteragent pipe and let er rip

Liked by: Comet

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2021  ·  #19
Quote by mad max

Check with sure clean in Omagh I think they are,
Soft wash is the same stuff,

Jason, use a power washer to put it on, add it to the deteragent pipe and let er rip

That might work. I could try out the power washer directed at the roof first to get some idea. I’m not sure what the dilution rate would be but it’s worth exploring. Cheers John

Liked by: mad max

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.01.2021  ·  #20
I've ordered 5L of Wet & Forget from Clarkes. After putting the order through, I notice they also sell the product with a hose end sprayer applicator. It allows you to attach the garden hose and apply to roofs and other hard to reach spots, and it will mix at the correct ratio 1:5 (1 part W&F to 5 parts water). This is the recommended mixing ratio. However, that version of the product with the sprayer attachment sells for €60 for 2L. I purchased the 5L (without applicator) for €45. So I am happy to stick with the cheaper and much better value solution.

The problem is now back to how to apply. I checked my Karcher pressure washer detergent mixing ratio, it is 1:18. Too dilute. I would be just washing the product down the gutters. The manufacturer of W&F say most garden sprayers are not able to provide the correct mixing ratio.

If anyone knows of a hose-end mixer/ sprayer that can mix at 1:5, or 23 oz per gallon, I'd love to hear.

Bunny
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.01.2021  ·  #21
Bounder

Thanks for the recommendation for Mistral, I have just ordered products to treat moss in the lawn, house and van roof. They sound like they will save hours on more traditional ways of treating the issues.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2021  ·  #22
Quote by Bounder

Its a dilute solution of Benzalkalonium Chloride (BAC), less than 10% I think.
These are ammonium salts and are also used to disinfect areas.
I got mine from a company called Mistral and its called Lancelot and uses DDAC instead of BAC which is a more effective chemical.
Diluted down to 1:4 with water and use a garden pressure sprayer to apply it in a mist.
The effect lasts for a long time, at least a few month but the trick is to apply it and let it dry in, don't try to do it on a wet day or the rain washes it away and it won't work.
It needs I think about 6 hrs and it will dry in.
It will kill moss off tarmac as well so very useful stuff.
One word of warning, use safety goggles when you are spraying and a mask, this stuff is very bad for eyes and safety glasses are not effective.
I sprayed my van with it and it killed all the green algae and the moss that grows on the foam pads in the corner of Ducato windscreens.

Thanks for that Bounder....Just ordered 20 litres of Mistral Lancelot Moss Kill. £36.99 and free delivery.

Company based in Antrim.

Liked by: Bounder

Heylonride
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2021  ·  #23
Yes, it should work on your roof. It's a great alternative really.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2021  ·  #24
My W&F arrived today. Now I’m just waiting on the supersoaker water cannon from Smyth’s toys.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.