Vinny
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Ducato
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Cold heating

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #1
Not me again a few weeks ago I put in a new thermostat as the temp needle was no moving on the dash and everything was grand until friday I went up to Bainbridge to get gas test on the way back heating blowing cold again and needle going up past ninety can any mechanical person on here help I googled it and got like head gasget gone which I hope not

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Cold heating

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #2
If you got no hot air inside cab and needle rising it would indicate the cooling system is either low in coolant or needs to be bled

Liked by: sprinter

Vinny
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #3
Quote by mad max

If you got no hot air inside cab and needle rising it would indicate the cooling system is either low in coolant or needs to be bled
can you tell me where in the heating would be the best place to give it a full bleed when I put the new thermostat in I took the pipe of there a lost only some fluid

Liked by: sprinter

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #4
Some have a bleed knob on top hose for the heater matrix feed, just outside the bulkhead,

Sometimes its as easy as to start the engine turn the heater on to full heat (not the blower fan) with the header tank cap off and let it run for 2 or 3 mins monitoring the coolant level and topping up as neccessary,

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Cold heating

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #5
Quote by Vinny

Quote by mad max

can you tell me where in the heating would be the best place to give it a full bleed when I put the new thermostat in I took the pipe of there a lost only some fluid

You would need to look on the top of the rad and on the pipes going to the cab heater, also have you a heater in the hab area that is heated off the engine when you are driving?

Liked by: mad max

Vinny
Craic'er
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2020  ·  #6
Cheers for the advice

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.