StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Ferry re booked

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #1
I initially had a ferry booked for October, Brittany ferries Rosslare to Bilbao this year. I delayed it a few times hoping that travel may be permitted.
Any way the reason for this post is to let people know that Brittany ferries will allow you to postpone a booking but only for a year from your original booking date. I’m sure I could possibly argue the point but instead I’ve changed my booking til end of October 2021. Here’s hoping 21 brings the key to travel.
It’s nice to have something to look forward to.
BTW €600 one way MH upto 8m two people one pet and pet friendly cabin.
Aiming to come back end of February on stena Cherbourg to Rosslare same MH and people but my dog will be in the heated dog lodge (€30) extra over the standard free kennel or if I’d left him in the MH. Would work out a lot cheaper if we had gone for a standard cabin but we are going to splash the cash (tescos vouchers) and book a Captain class cabin. If you haven’t tried the Captain class cabin the ship has two, double bed, lounge, tv, coffee machine, fridge, complimentary drinks snacks etc.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Ferry re booked

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #2
That's a great plan and I think you'll get to do it 🤞
Captain class, I always knew you were dead, dead posh Jamie 😁

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

That's a great plan and I think you'll get to do it 🤞
Captain class, I always knew you were dead, dead posh Jamie 😁

TBH the Captain’s class cabin is an indulgence but it’ll be a nice finish to our holiday. With the Tesco voucher having 4 times their euro face value on Stena it is a good way to use them. I could’ve used them to book a return with Stena is a perfectly adequate standard cabin but I like the start of our break arriving direct into Spain. This year we have done 95% of our grocery shopping via tescos delivery as we really haven’t left the village much at all so we have quite a lot of vouchers to use.
As for me being Posh.... ha ha.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #4
You lucky thing having your holiday booked already. We certainly do need something to look forward to. I'll leave it another while before looking at booking. I never heard of the Captain's class before so I'll be looking into that too. With all the money we've saved being shut at home, we can give ourselves a nice treat.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #5
Quote by Marzypan

You lucky thing having your holiday booked already. We certainly do need something to look forward to. I'll leave it another while before looking at booking. I never heard of the Captain's class before so I'll be looking into that too. With all the money we've saved being shut at home, we can give ourselves a nice treat.

There are only about 8 pet friendly cabins on the Brittany Ferries Rosslare to Bilbao ship and they get booked up very quickly so I always have to book a long way in advance.
I don’t know if any of the other ferry companies have Captain class just Stena and as the crossing is around 18 hours and I’ll spend the majority of it in the cabin we have decided to indulge ourselves. Again there are only 2 of these cabins and get booked very quickly by Posh gits like me!😂

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.12.2020  ·  #6
No plans as of yet, and yours sounds great. Will be checking Captain class.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.12.2020  ·  #7
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.