tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Kenmare query?

· 
Posted: 20.09.2020  ·  #1
Has anyone stayed on a Saturday night along the pier road in Kenmare recently?
We've stayed there a few times, always a relatively peaceful spot. However, only once on a Saturday night last August.
Alarm bells started ringing when we noticed groups of teens laden with rucksacks heading towards the pier around 7-8 pm, followed later by a larger group which included one brave lad who ran the whole line banging on every camper door.
The rest of the night consisted of cars racing up and down, teens passing each way roaring and shouting, finally finishing around three in the morning with a foul-mouthed idiot screaming obscenities as he staggered home.
We're just wondering if this was a pre-back-to-playschool party, or if it's a regular Saturday night party spot?
Hopefully it's the former, as we'd love another weekend there.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Kenmare query?

· 
Posted: 20.09.2020  ·  #2
Kenmare is usually a quite spot. What you experienced in August was probably the same phenomenon which effected Schull pier about the same time. The offspring of the upper class owners/renters of holiday homes running amok https://www.echolive.ie/corkne…3e142e0-ds

Liked by: Bounder, GMAC, tony glenn, +deleted user

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2020  ·  #3
We stayed at Kenmare one night last year and it was really peaceful....Cant remember what night of the week though...

Liked by: tony glenn

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2020  ·  #4
Have stayed a good few times and never a bother other than a few cars passing up to about 11 at night. Never seeing Teenagers there. Not sure what nights we stayed without checking

Liked by: tony glenn

la-maca
Subject:

kenmare ???

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #5
What happens in KENMARE? In the port, only us, at the beginning of the street, an enraged man has come out threatening that if we don't leave, call the garda .. without doing anything .. parking ..
do not want motorhome ??? Tomorrow as soon as we get up we go, we will not drink a coffee.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Kenmare query?

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #6
Quote by la-maca

What happens in KENMARE? In the port, only us, at the beginning of the street, an enraged man has come out threatening that if we don't leave, call the garda .. without doing anything .. parking ..
do not want motorhome ??? Tomorrow as soon as we get up we go, we will not drink a coffee.

Where are you from? are you from Kerry? what colour is your reg plate

la-maca
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #7
my badge is spanish.
What does it have to do with where I am from to park?

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #8
Quote by la-maca

my badge is spanish.

Hi Maria Jose due to this present covid pandemic the present situation in Southern Ireland is that you should not travel outside your own county.
Hopefully that changes soon and normality returns.
Enjoy your travels.

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #9
Hello Maria Jose Just in case you were unaware of the current rules regarding travel.Passengers arriving to Ireland from overseas are required to complete a COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form. This is an online form. Paper versions of the form are also available at points of entry into Ireland, if required.

Failure to complete the form could result in the issuing of penalties, including a fine of up to €2,500 or imprisonment for up to 6 months.

An exemption from completing the form is in place for providers of essential supply chain services such as hauliers, pilots and maritime staff.

Travel within the island of Ireland is subject to prevailing domestic public health restrictions as outlined on gov.ie. Incoming passengers should ensure that they are aware of, and comply with, all relevant public health restrictions that apply to the population in general.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #10
Hi Maria Jose,
I know you from posts on Facebook and realise who you are.
For others reading this thread this is a Spanish couple who came here to Ireland to work and live and Covid-19 set pay to that.
They have complied to the quarantine rules by staying in lockdown on a site close to Wexford.
If it helps Maria Jose, drop me a PM and make your way north where you can park up with full facilities with lots of space at my place free of charge. We also have Motorhome repair facilities should you require that service.
Ireland is a welcoming country, unfortunately covid-19 has brought out the worst in people and we’re sorry for what you’re being subjected to. Don’t let it cloud your expectations, it will get better & you are welcome here, despite the terrible beginning you’ve had.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #11
Quote by JJF

Hi Maria Jose,
I know you from posts on Facebook and realise who you are.
For others reading this thread this is a Spanish couple who came here to Ireland to work and live and Covid-19 set pay to that.
They have complied to the quarantine rules by staying in lockdown on a site close to Wexford.
If it helps Maria Jose, drop me a PM and make your way north where you can park up with full facilities with lots of space at my place free of charge. We also have Motorhome repair facilities should you require that service.
Ireland is a welcoming country, unfortunately covid-19 has brought out the worst in people and we’re sorry for what you’re being subjected to. Don’t let it cloud your expectations, it will get better & you are welcome here, despite the terrible beginning you’ve had.

Brilliant offer Jon and if they wish to push a little further North to Co Antrim even for a few days I will make a similar offer and also free of charge.
Maria Jose also drop me a PM and I will reply.👍

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #12
Great stuff folks. Thanks Norman.
Let’s put ourselves in these people’s shoes if it happened us in Spain..... wouldn’t we welcome assistance?
In all the years I’ve toured Spain I’ve always been made welcome and want to reciprocate that welcome if possible.
We’re all human, a little compassion isn’t difficult to muster.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #13
Exactly Jon, we have had many great motorhome hollidays in Spain and hope to have many more.
Why any gobshite would want to be so insulting to a visitor I do not know .
We are not all knobs.

Liked by: GMAC, Harvey, JJF, johnnymac, la-maca, panda, Paul mcg, sprinter, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #14
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

enmare query?

· 
Posted: 03.12.2020  ·  #15
Quote by la-maca

my badge is spanish.

It has to do with people, who haven,t been able to visit with elderly relatives and friends, in Hospitals and nursing homes, Fathers are not allowed to visit with their new baby's and their wives in maternity Hospitals.
Up until the first of December, there was a travel ban in operation all over Ireland, people were restricted to their own area and only allowed out to exercise and then they see a foreign reg plated motorhome going about the place, you probably came across someone who had a bad day, I am surprised if this was the first negative reaction you received. But it would not have been from a Motorhomeer or anyone in the hospitality or tourist industry, In Spain, at this time you could have been arrested for being out and about in your motorhome like you are?
I am sorry, for you, not receiving a céad míle fáilte, but think, how the people from your own home place would react if an Irish van was parked in their street, at this time with most of your country locked down, the same as it is here.
Try and enjoy the rest of your stay, from the 18th we will be free to travel around the country until early January. Keep your head down and stay as remote as you can, at least there will be some campsites reopening this week,

Liked by: baguette, Paul mcg

la-maca
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.12.2020  ·  #16
Thank you all very much for your offer, and advice, excuse me for speaking out of anger.
We remain isolated in our motorhome, (perhaps too isolated) we are registered on the workaway page to do some volunteering that allows us to practice the little English we know and also keep ourselves busy (perhaps we are too irritable).
excuse me please.

Greetings from Salva and María Jose.

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.12.2020  ·  #17
I got the same type of reception on the pier in Kenmare in September. There is a guy there that thinks he owns the whole area in one of the houses near the pier. The engine was still running as I was turning to go back up the road when he run over to us to tell us to clear off. We parked for a while to have a lunch but moved on

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.12.2020  ·  #18
Quote by Thornwood

I got the same type of reception on the pier in Kenmare in September. There is a guy there that thinks he owns the whole area in one of the houses near the pier. The engine was still running as I was turning to go back up the road when he run over to us to tell us to clear off. We parked for a while to have a lunch but moved on

Some day he learn to keep his nose out of other people's business.
Not everyone likes being told what they can and cannot do.

Liked by: panda, sprinter

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.12.2020  ·  #19
Quote by ntg

Quote by Thornwood

Not everyone likes being told what they can and cannot do.

Very few I would imagine, pull out your phone and start videoing him and say its for your solicitor or facebook , then watch how quick he will wind his neck back in

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.12.2020  ·  #20
Or pick a day and get about 40/50 vans to visit at staggered time

Liked by: la-maca, panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.12.2020  ·  #21
A few years ago when a no parking of motorhomes sign went up a local council official told me to ignore it as there was no law behind it. He said it was just put up to placate a few locals who had an issue with campers parking there.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC, panda

thepilote
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: PILOTE REFERENCE
Base Vehicle: DUCATO
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.12.2020  ·  #22
Never had a problem parking in Kenmare. Just obey the golden rule do not park in front of or opposite the houses of the locals.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.