So Long COVID-19

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

So Long COVID-19

· 
Posted: 18.11.2020  ·  #1
Or maybe not! LOL, I don't think it's going away any time soon. Most of us have adapted to it and have embraced the new normal.

How about you guys? How have you been holding up? What have you been busy with lately?

I'm thinking of a lot of traveling this coming 2021, and I'm optimistic about it.

Liked by: ROBANDSUE

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: So Long COVID-19

· 
Posted: 19.11.2020  ·  #2
Counting the days when we can hit the road and leave the lock down behind us. It's been very difficult not being able to get away. We are all year round campers, we are never at home during the winter. We spend out weekends travelling Ireland to whatever campsite is open. This year we plan on trying 'wild camping' as well as doing the open campsites. I hope that loads of them stay open for the winter; we will certainly support them. As for 2021 we will wait and see what happens. Would love to get away abroad like we used to but we will have to wait and see what happens. Safety first.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #3
Can't wait to get away too but realistically, how long do you think it will take to get a vacine up and running in the general population so we can travel abroad safely, at best probably late 2021, Doom and Gloom I know but !!!!!!!!

Liked by: JettaJohn

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #4
From what I'm hearing, European countries should expect to have our most vulnerable, and our health care staff vaccinated by spring. That would ease a lot of restrictions.

Liked by: norma, panda

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #5
Quote by The Rambler

From what I'm hearing, European countries should expect to have our most vulnerable, and our health care staff vaccinated by spring. That would ease a lot of restrictions.

That would still leave a lot of people out there un vaccinated

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #6
Quote by eirebus

Quote by The Rambler

That would still leave a lot of people out there un vaccinated

Well I reckon we are in this for the long haul Dave. If you have "Vaccinated" stamped on your passport, you can travel anywhere. We don't know how long the vaccine will last or how many people will get it. The pandemic will end when we reach herd immunity as it did with the flu. And that happened without a vaccine so having a vaccine for covid is huge.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #7
eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #8
Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2020  ·  #9
Hi All!

Yes, this pandemic really is a bummer right now. I can't wait to be back on the road with family and friends. I just think that we've spent so much time not doing what we love. A friend of mine was supposed to be in BC now but cancelled

But hey, 2021 is almost here. Who knows where we can be by then. Hoping for a better and happier year for all of us!

Liked by: augharan, norma

Chimpo
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #10
Looking like £120 to £200 covid testing per person 72hrs before entry to Spain,Canaries etc . Its going to hike the cost of travelling from now on for a while. Friend going away in a weeks time and now looking at near £300 for him and the girlfriend and if the test comes back positive then holiday insurance does not cover , ie Good bye 2k :(

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #11
Looks like it will be some time before we can go away in comfort. How can you enjoy a holiday abroad not knowing if you can get back in again or if you prove positive. I couldn't be bothered; not worth it.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #12
Quote by Marzypan

Looks like it will be some time before we can go away in comfort. How can you enjoy a holiday abroad not knowing if you can get back in again or if you prove positive. I couldn't be bothered; not worth it.

But what if you were given the vaccine by early spring? Nothing stopping you from traveling then. Is it optimistic to think vaccines could be rolling out over the next couple of months?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

So Long COVID-19

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #13
If the vaccine's are so great how come none of the manufactures have a stock pile ready to go.
They won't put their money on the line.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #14
Well they’ve spent billions Martin on developing their vaccines which are still awaiting approval. I don’t think they would stockpile something that hasn’t been approved or licensed yet. Unless you consider the Russian or Chinese vaccines, which apparently have been approved under emergency legislation for limited deployment in local territories.

The smart money is on millions of vaccines becoming available before the year is out.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #15
Chimpo
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2020  ·  #16
The problem camper wise is not the vaccine, there is no rule in place if you had a vaccine you can travel. So as it stands,if you travel to France you can get in within the 72hr window that is £300 for 2 testing ,,,,, thank you,,,,,, Then drive down to Spain oooooops you need another test that is £300 thank you. THats without returns, it kinda wipes out travel in a MH unless you can spend 4 months etc. Plus looking at Irish Ferries for may and June they are just raping folk for 2021, sad to see but its actually better to travel via the UK if your going for a month or more.

Liked by: panda, sprinter

Marzypan
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #17
Well I won't be rushing out any tme soon for any vaccine. I'd prefer to take my chances than have something injected into me that could be more harmful. No one knows the side effects this vaccine could have and I for one won't be finding out. It won't kill us to stay at home for 2021 until things settle. Better to be safe than sorry.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #18
Quote by Chimpo

The problem camper wise is not the vaccine, there is no rule in place if you had a vaccine you can travel. So as it stands,if you travel to France you can get in within the 72hr window that is £300 for 2 testing ,,,,, thank you,,,,,, Then drive down to Spain oooooops you need another test that is £300 thank you. THats without returns, it kinda wipes out travel in a MH unless you can spend 4 months etc. Plus looking at Irish Ferries for may and June they are just raping folk for 2021, sad to see but its actually better to travel via the UK if your going for a month or more.

I’m fairly sure you do not need the PCR test done before you arrive in France and you do not need a PCR test to enter Spain if you drive into Spain.
It’s a bit academic at the moment as travel in France is currently prohibited and travel between provinces in Spain is prohibited.
The hope with the vaccine is that if less people catch covid there is less people to share covid, case numbers and deaths reduce and travel and other “normal” activities are permitted again.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #19
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

The hope with the vaccine is that if less people catch covid there is less people to share covid, case numbers and deaths reduce and travel and other “normal” activities are permitted again.

As well as that, if the most vulnerable get vaccinated first, i.e. the 10% or so of people who would develop serious disease, then the hospitalisations and deaths plummet, and restrictions will relax. So even if a huge proportion of us are walking around unvaccinated and herd immunity is still not reached, the heavy lifting is done. That's how I see it anyway.

Liked by: norma

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #20
A guy from WHO just on the radio said the hand washing /social distancing etc will be with us for a long time yet as the anti virus has to be fully rolled out as the virus will still be there and kill anyone, healthy, fit people are dieing too and not to let our guard down

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #21
Haven't heard yet how long they think the vaccination will last, will it be yearly vaccination (the manufacturers would like that).

I've heard anecdotally that people who have had the virus have natural anitbodies only for about three months...

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2020  ·  #22
And what's the longterm strategy ? That 5 billion or more people take a yearly vaccine? I can't see that happening. Most people under 60 do not take a yearly vaccine and I can't see that changing.

locuschird
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.11.2020  ·  #23
I also want to travel, but I'll hold my plans for now until I know it's safe. I think it wouldn't happen until late of next year.

Liked by: eirebus

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.11.2020  ·  #24
Take the vacation don’t take the vacation cross the road in front of a a big bus don’t cross the road in front of a big bus both are a 50/50 bet

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.