Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

TRUMA C HELP!

· 
Posted: 26.11.2020  ·  #1
Afternoon Craic'ers!
Hoping someone in here can help with my Truma C system... I am getting the red light on static every time I try and turn on the heating. I had this problem a month ago, Fiddled with the open / close valve on the boiler (the one that dumps the water) and got it to work, No such luck this time around!

I filled the tank with water today, Ran both taps, Got a friend to mess with the valve while I tried to turn on and off, the red light went from static to intermittent and lights on the panel (red, green & amber) looked faded, So decided to try and hook up to the mains in case the leisure batteries were at fault. Repeated the above, Light went green, No red light, Could feel slight hot air coming out of the vents but fan did not kick in, So decided to start over again. Now back to square one with red light static 😫

I have checked external flue, Gas lines etc, So any help anyone has is much appreciated. I have gone through the instruction manual but it is not much help,

Thanks in advance

KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: TRUMA C HELP!

· 
Posted: 26.11.2020  ·  #2
Quick update, Managed to repeat the above and light went green immediately, But still no fan kicking in 😫

seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.11.2020  ·  #3
I had a similar problem with my own truma heater recently turned out that my gas bottle was low on gas. Connected up a new gas bottle and it worked fine without it cutting out

Liked by: KeithF

KeithF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.11.2020  ·  #4
Quote by seamus

I had a similar problem with my own truma heater recently turned out that my gas bottle was low on gas. Connected up a new gas bottle and it worked fine without it cutting out

Thanks for the reply Seamus, After flushing the system AGAIN and leaving the taps running I have it sorted (for now anyway), I kept topping the tank up with water whilst the taps were running, It appears to have been a bad airlock. Hoping that when I try again tomorrow the problem has past... Will keep you posted

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.11.2020  ·  #5
Make sure the thermostat is up full

Liked by: KeithF

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.