R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

ACSI 2021

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #1
Just got notification today that our combi - subscription (includes the app) has been renewed, it will be debited from our account in Dec. Posted before Christmas.
€20.70 (including the €4.75 postage)
Will it be of any use? Probably not if we stay in Ireland again.
How many campsites will renew after this disastrous year?
The books are a good read though we used the app more, it gave everything Aires, all campsites not just CC (discount sites). Looked up early in year, pity all was cancelled.

Irish Ferries sent an email yesterday advertising €150 deposit incl free flexible option.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

ACSI 2021

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #2
Quote by R&N

Irish Ferries sent an email yesterday advertising €150 deposit incl free flexible option.

mail them back and ask where do they sail in to for, Doonbeg and Inishowen 😁

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: ACSI 2021

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #3
Also received the ACSI email. Ours will be 18.70 euros for 2021. Why the difference as the cost of postage is the same ??

We never made it to France this year. We were able to do a bit of touring in Ireland in September so managed to get the cost of the 2020 ACSI sub back after a few nights in both Hidden Valley and Wolohans Silver strand in Wicklow. Wasn't sure if the ACSI card would be honoured given everything that had happened this year but fair play to both campsites. For sure they got little income from European motorhomers this year, as a result of being listed in the ACSI book.

Hopeful to get to France in 2021 especially with the positive vaccines news. However it's far from clear right now what the position will be regarding travel medical insurance and if the dept for Foreign Affairs will continue to recommend travel for essential purposes only, irrespective of whether one has been vaccinated or not.

We have an annual multi trip travel insurance policy - given that virtually everywhere was off-limits for most of 2020, and if you did travel to Europe it was at your own risk / rely on EHIC cover, it must have been a profitable year for these insurance companies.

Liked by: eirebus, panda

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2020  ·  #4
also got the email mines €17.95. 3 customers 3 different prices ? o.O maybe because mines the English version and the Irish version as they need to translate is dearer :P

New subscription period
11-11-2020 | Invoice number:
Dear Mr Rebbitt,

We have renewed your combi subscription. You can continue to benefit from the many advantages that CampingCard ACSI offers for another year.

Below you will find a summary of your subscription:
Article Number Price Total
CampingCard ACSI - English edition - combi-subscription 2021
1 € 16.95 € 16.95

Subtotal € 16.95
Discount -€ 1.00
Shipping € 2.00

Final total € 17.95

Incl. € 1.57 VAT

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #5
Rebbyvid...postage is the difference €2 v €4.75, you live in UK, we live in ROI so international rate for us.
Voyager at €18.70 same postage €2 difference, is yours the combi subscription for books with the CC discount card inside cover + the app ( activates online). You can also check ACSI.eu to read up on campsites but pay full price at campsite if you don’t have CC card.
We pay separately for the ACSI ID card ( last year came later as I was renewing passport and waited for new number).
Our books come from somewhere in Europe. Others get it from Vicarious Booksi inUK.
In Ireland Anchorpoint sell them, and probably other places.(and we are due to go there for habitation check)

Liked by: sprinter, voyager

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #6
I wonder will there be any Irish sites on it next year, I know woodlands tralee wouldn't honour it on Friday /Saturday nights this year

Liked by: Ben/Ber

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #7
Quote by eirebus

I wonder will there be any Irish sites on it next year, I know woodlands tralee wouldn't honour it on Friday /Saturday nights this year

In fairness there is very little incentive for Irish sites to take the Acsi card. I have said before how much sites have to pay to give a discount (too much) and unlike France,Spain and Portugal where a large percentage of sites do take the Acsi card in Ireland it is very much the minority of sites.
Next year I expect the customers on sites will be Irish with only a smattering from abroad. Most Irish will find chose sites based previous knowledge, recommendations and maybe the green guide, failte Ireland guide and apps, if you were only traveling in Ireland you probably wouldn’t buy the book for dozen or so Irish sites.
The Acsi book is great for campers who travel outside Ireland but hardly worth it Irish travel.

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC, ntg, panda, sprinter

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #8
Wavecrest accepted it in September. They said they were withdrawing from the scheme due to the cost .

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #9
Quote by Thornwood

Wavecrest accepted it in September. They said they were withdrawing from the scheme due to the cost .

That was the only site I used it in this year

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #10
Over 400 less sites throughout Europe than there were last season on the ACSI scheme.. re-evaluation time I think but mine ordered this year the same as others... €20 or thereabouts.

Liked by: sprinter

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2020  ·  #11
Quote by R&N

Rebbyvid...postage is the difference €2 v €4.75, you live in UK, we live in ROI so international rate for us.
Voyager at €18.70 same postage €2 difference, is yours the combi subscription for books with the CC discount card inside cover + the app ( activates online). You can also check ACSI.eu to read up on campsites but pay full price at campsite if you don’t have CC card.
We pay separately for the ACSI ID card ( last year came later as I was renewing passport and waited for new number).
Our books come from somewhere in Europe. Others get it from Vicarious Booksi inUK.
In Ireland Anchorpoint sell them, and probably other places.(and we are due to go there for habitation check)

Yep mines the combi , have had the books and ID for 10 years or more and buy direct from their site , must admit i don't use them a lot but for the price its well worth having it as i tend to travel off season. Never tried to get discount in UK or Ireland but did get a good discount in 2015 at Linnhe lochside holiday park near Fort Wiliam in Scotland on the way to the Western Isles which is still on the app.
For what i need when away last couple of years i have used a few the Camping Car Park sites as i don't tend to stay in one place for long so don't really need a campsite and Camping Car park are on some a little cheaper and you get secure parking with electric, Wi-Fi and all the facilities.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2020  ·  #12
Don't think we'll bother getting it for 2021, if we do manage to get away we'll use Aires most of the time, haven't even bothered looking at ferry prices either, no point annoying ourselves but you never know, we will go if we can but will be happy with another staycation

Liked by: ntg, panda, sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2020  ·  #13
Quote by eirebus

Don't think we'll bother getting it for 2021, if we do manage to get away we'll use Aires most of the time, haven't even bothered looking at ferry prices either, no point annoying ourselves but you never know, we will go if we can but will be happy with another staycation

Dave that is exactly our thinking,we have some beautiful country side yet we pay extortionate money each year to get away from it.
Foreigners pay to come and see it and the winners are the greedy airlines and ferry companies.
We may get away if the price is right but are not going mental if it does not happen.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

ACSI 2021

· 
Posted: 22.11.2020  ·  #14
Quote by ntg

Quote by eirebus

Dave that is exactly our thinking,we have some beautiful country side yet we pay extortionate money each year to get away from it.
Foreigners pay to come and see it and the winners are the greedy airlines and ferry companies.
We may get away if the price is right but are not going mental if it does not happen.

My thinking would be for the price of the ferry alone, you would get a month around Ireland,
from my time on the road and scuba diving around the Country there are a lot of places I've been to and passed, that would be worth another look.
and do some of the simple things, like we have been coming to the Hook for 46 years but never overnighted at the lighthouse.
The last time we went to Dunlaoghaire to meet friends for dinner, we parked up at the Coal harbour, it was great, no Fecking Dart and then Bus /Taxi home.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda, petereire

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2020  ·  #15
Don't forget our sponsor Anchorpoint sell the Acsi Book too, well they used to, God knows who do what in the present circumstance.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #16
Just got my ACSI books this am direct from ACSI. It’s earlier than last year. The number of sites have dropped this year, down from 3412 to 2872. Top price €20. 8 sites in ROI, none in NI

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.12.2020  ·  #17
Quote by kabundi

Just got my ACSI books this am direct from ACSI. It’s earlier than last year. The number of sites have dropped this year, down from 3412 to 2872. Top price €20. 8 sites in ROI, none in NI

I didn't think any Irish sites would go for it next year

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.12.2020  ·  #18
I understand from one of the campsites who participated in the 2020 book that they were offered a significant cost reduction to become part of the 2021 book

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2020  ·  #19
Received email from ACSI apologising for delay in sending books, we get ours direct i know some have received already.
I did get my ID Camping carnet card in post today.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2021  ·  #20
Finally ACSI books arrived yesterday, dated 1/12/2020, postmark Switzerland, I know TV said Christmas post has been slow with Covid.

Liked by: sprinter, The Rambler, +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.