Last fling

PG trips
Craic'er
Subject:

Last fling

· 
Posted: 14.11.2020  ·  #1
Was planning a last 2020 fling for a couple of nights wild camping on the North Coast of NI next week or the following, weather permitting. I think it's legally ok but presentationally do established members think it's acceptable, public perception etc?
Greenhorn.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Last fling

· 
Posted: 14.11.2020  ·  #2
I would do it as I know I would be isolating away from others as I am a bit of an anti social so and so. Have been doing day trips in the van over the past few weeks and going walking, not been to the shops/cafe's etc etc

Liked by: Edgar, ntg, TommyS

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2020  ·  #3
I live in the north coast area and haven't been overnighting in the van as I felt the no unnecessary travel advice would make the locals frown on it. However there have been vans staying in Castlerock Portrush and Portballintrae over the last few weeks. I'd say go for it.

Liked by: ntg

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2020  ·  #4
i see what your sayin for sure ,just to let you know . we were out 2 weeks ago , when some places were still open, but got mentioned on here just for doing an overnight in the van a bit negitivley,all i did was a park up ,few beer, match of the day , chinese takeaway. sleep .that was it, just go, be considerate, thats what i did, it dosnt give it good next week all over, thats the only thing, sorry for spelling mistakes ,not sure how to use that spelling corection thing yet

Liked by: Harvey, Helgahobby

augharan
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #5
Day trip today to Portrush in the van, Sat.
Counted around 18 vans between the Aire and Ramore head so a lot of vans are already out.
Does anybody know when campsites open ? Next weekend or the one after ?
Just makes it feel better when they are open.
No point in asking the Muppets on the hill as they wouldn't know either!!!

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #6
Big difference in ROI we're in lockdown and only a few vans ( against rules) on the road, all campsites /Aires closed

Liked by: augharan, GMAC

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #7
I don't like to leave the van parked for more than two weeks at a time when I can't go away in it. So I go for a drive of about 20 kilometers round trip on the motorway don't stop anywhere. Just to keep things moving (tyres suspension and all that)

augharan
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #8
Yes Paul I like to move my van every 2-3 weeks aswell. During the first lockdown my airbag light came on.
I'm told might have been low voltage but I don't understand how that can be when the solar panels charge the cab batteries aswell ??

Liked by: Paul mcg

sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #9
Have been watching various recent you tube videos from France , Spain , Portugal, with usually UK reg long term campers travelling around. In addition to it looking tricky with varying curfew and lockdown rules, there was one couple this week who had graffiti painted on van while they slept. I am hoping at Xmas they might relax the rules in ROI and we could maybe get to Galway for Xmas lights ( while navigating all the parking rules). But right now, I won’t even take the van in the road at all

davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2020  ·  #10
I like to take my camper for a spin every second week too. So I loaded the kids and wife today and headed to the nearest town. The wife ran into Tesco to buy a cake for desert and we headed off towards home. On the way out of town we met a Garda check point. The three guards couldn’t have been nicer. One of them was interested in buying a camper so kept me talking for a few minutes while a hugh traffic tail back gathered behind me. As I drove off thinking what nice guys they were it occurred to me that They probably wanted a big queue of cars looking on thinking that The guards were giving me a telling off for being out in my camper😁

Krispyjet
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.11.2020  ·  #11
PG trips
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2020  ·  #12
Thanks for the feedback. Waiting on tradesmen finishing up then weather forecasts. Probably do a one day run at least. Heard from 3 separate North coast residents that it was unusually busy last weekend. Still no Barry’s though !!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.