Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Spain. New Entry requirements

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #1
Hopefully this is widely known by members heading to Spain, can’t recall seeing it posted on here before. Probably relevant to those traveling from ROI, but better to check.

From 23rd November 2020 travellers to Spain by plane or ferry are required to have a certified negative Covid test. Details below.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra…quirements

Davy

Liked by: Chimpo

petereire
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: autoquest 270
Base Vehicle: Talbot express
Subject:

Re: Spain. New Entry requirements

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #2
i think from this thursday there will be 2 private covid testing centers at Dublin airport so at least if any1 needs a test they can get 1 there!

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #3
We have our tests booked locally. €160 each.... it ain’t cheap😡

Liked by: ntg

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #4
In all of our lifetimes if anyone asks what was the worst year of our lives surely 2020 has to be high on the list.😞

Liked by: panda, +deleted user

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #5
You can get the required PCR tests at Shannon, Dublin and Cork airports amongst other places. But they have to be done 72 hours before you arrive, strange but true, not more or less than 72hrs before you arrive. Most pcr test take 24 to 72 hrs for results to get to you. If flying you could make this work possibly but a ferry????
Btw you don’t need to be flying to get the test at an airport.
Only applies to ports and airports you can, if allowed to drive through France without the pcr test. At the moment you cannot drive through France or Spain or Ireland.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.11.2020  ·  #6
Allegedly over 50 people have been turned back at Dover port and the Channel tunnel and 14 people fined £200 each for trying to travel without a valid reason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…itain.html

Some forums continue to have posters indicate that they are traveling imminently or soon to the continent. I suspect a large white box might draw excessive attention from the authorities, although presumably not everyone is being questioned 24 hours per day. Nobody on any of the many forums I visit seems to have been turned back (or aren’t admitting it).

Davy

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2020  ·  #7
I came back from Spain in September in the big white box and travelled through Spain,France, England, Wales, ROI and NI to get home, not once was I stopped or asked about anything apart from passports!

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2020  ·  #8
Quote by the fat controller

I came back from Spain in September in the big white box and travelled through Spain,France, England, Wales, ROI and NI to get home, not once was I stopped or asked about anything apart from passports!

In September there was very little travel restrictions but in England, France, Spain, ROI traveling is currently prohibited or restricted other than for essential reasons or limited to your own county.
Many of the above countries could lift some of the restrictions at the end of November or early December or extend them for a further period.
It was Kent's police press release about the people being fined trying to leave England.

Liked by: sootyrex

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.11.2020  ·  #9
Talked to the Garda last week about travelling to Dublin, to Galway and to Roscommon as we have jobs & work there to do. While the consensus was that ‘I’d get away with it’ the prudent & responsible thing to do is to stay at home, which is what we did.
Cannot blame any jurisdiction for imposing punitive measures to arrest this horrible pandemic but in the same breath they realise they’ve got to balance the economic/health arguments. I don’t envy their task .... dammed if you do, dammed it you don’t.

2020 will best be forgotten, on so many levels this years travel plans were never going to happen and we can only but hope that 2021 & beyond will be brighter. But for the grace of God go we.

Below is a screenshot from one of the forums I follow regarding land entry to Spain:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.