Here’s a wee post....cushions and curtains!

PG trips
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #1
As a newbie what’s the general consensus on bringing in upholstery , cushions,, curtains, maybe even the mattress into the nice warm house from the motorhome for the winter? I have good winter storage organised.. a large well ventilated dry barn and can even leave the skylights open a bit. No heating though. Not anticipating any condensation issues but am aware of damage that condensation can do from a previous house I lived in. Mould was so bad I made my own homemade yoghurt.

It took me quite a long time to find a used van that didn’t smell damp so ended up with a more expensive 2016 model, so want to do what I can to keep it tip top!!

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #2
Quote by PG trips

As a newbie what’s the general consensus on bringing in upholstery , cushions,, curtains, maybe even the mattress into the nice warm house from the motorhome for the winter? I have good winter storage organised.. a large well ventilated dry barn and can even leave the skylights open a bit. No heating though. Not anticipating any condensation issues but am aware of damage that condensation can do from a previous house I lived in. Mould was so bad I made my own homemade yoghurt.

It took me quite a long time to find a used van that didn’t smell damp so ended up with a more expensive 2016 model, so want to do what I can to keep it tip top!!

In your well-ventilated barn can the Pidgions get in to roost because if they can, as sure as they have wings they will crap all over your van, have a walk around it, and look for evidence.
It certainly won't do ant harm to bring all your stuff indoors.

BigMal
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hobby 750
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Re: Here’s a wee post....cushions and curtains!

· 
Posted: 12.11.2020  ·  #3
We like to use ours as much as possible, though obviously that isn't happening much at the minute.Our beds are made and cupboards all stocked so the only thing we need to do is fill up the fridge and off we go. While I'm parked up though I use a dehumidifier which does a brilliant job. I leave cupboards open and drop down bed half down and everything stays nice and dry and over the last two winters no condensation or damp. Well worth the money...............

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.