Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: France this Summer

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #41
Bonjour Normand
We got to France 3rd August for 7 weeks, ( originally to go 18 th but went early )stayed in Normandy for a few weeks to see what was happening. As news was bad before we went we were going to cancel up to 3 days before we left. We decided to go Knowing we could return at short notice.

We were content and felt very safe so we headed to Saint Foy La Grande to a small site and stayed there 3 weeks, sitting in the sunshine and drinking wine.

Now watching Irish ferries for next year. Fingers crossed.

Liked by: panda

NORMAND
My Motorhome: Le VOYAGEUR LVX
Base Vehicle: MERCEDES
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #42
Hi Joe and Flo,

Sea, Sunshine , Wine..... and Dine, that's the idea.

We did more kilometers ....and we also had nice walks ( up the Puy de Dôme , Puy de Sancy , Puy Mary...) and bike journeys: good for loosing some weight!

Because we also enjoyed many wine and food tastings , and loaded some aboard , to prepare an announced hard winter .
For next year you might like to join in the " France Passion" community .
You'll find a large choice of mainly agricultural places to stay freely, ( but socialy), overnight , visit and buy their farm products ( often BIO ) ( ie: cheese, honney, oils ( nuts, Olive, ) and of course lots of different wines, and so on ...) in return for their kind hospitality and great attention.

Some might be difficult to find and drive to. "Surprise, surprise" , sometimes .
You might find yourself with other motorhomers or alone in the middle of nowhere ..... but they have settled a GPS software that leads you straight to the sites, using either Apple maps /google map / Waze .

Enjoy your next trips !

Daniel

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #43
We subscribe to France Passion most years, it's great value and you do get to stay in some lovely off the beaten track places.

Liked by: joeflo, sprinter

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #44
Love France passion. Gets you away from the crowds and shows what France is really like. Missed using it this year, fingers crossed for 2021.

Davy

Liked by: GMAC, NORMAND

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #45
Daniel,you are making us jealous that we cannot travel over to France at the moment due to the current restrictions we find our selves in ,we love holidaying in France Brittany,and have done so many times,cant wait till the situation gets better and we're able to get back over there, stay safe 8-)

Liked by: NORMAND

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France this Summer

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #46
Have to agree,our trip this year was to be following the Loire from Digoin back to the coast using only France Passion.
maybe late next year. wouldn't want to be going into peoples private space at this time.

Liked by: NORMAND

NORMAND
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2020  ·  #47
I hear that your efforts against the Covid in Ireland are showing some good results . Is it true ? It would be good news...

According to our medias the situation is expected to be very bad over here in France.
We are awaiting new drastic measures . Our president Macron is to speak to morrow night. It’s becoming dramatically stressing .

So it seems we shall have time to sit and exchange over the internet ... Télétravail, teleshoping, ....., telechristmas ??,,,

Let’s keep on smiling !

Regarding France Passion, we did stay at many places very happily. It’s nice to see hard working people who love their job , are busy and nevertheless give their time to explain their life and, as you say , the real people and local life .

Do you have something similar in Ireland ? I see there is a UK Site . How is it like ?

Otherwise the camping sites were all nearly empty in September, even in Provence / Côte d’Azur.

All the best to you all.
Daniel

Liked by: ROBANDSUE

NORMAND
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2020  ·  #48
Hi

In France , We are now preparing ourselves as well for a long stay at home . Let’s hope we’ll have good results.

Also , sadly, the bells of all the churches have rung to day in France at 3 pm .
At least three new attacks and slaughters .
After the teachers, education , religion and freedom are threatened.

What ´s going on now and after ?

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2020  ·  #49
Quote by NORMAND

I hear that your efforts against the Covid in Ireland are showing some good results . Is it true ? It would be good news...

According to our medias the situation is expected to be very bad over here in France.
We are awaiting new drastic measures . Our president Macron is to speak to morrow night. It’s becoming dramatically stressing .

So it seems we shall have time to sit and exchange over the internet ... Télétravail, teleshoping, ....., telechristmas ??,,,

Let’s keep on smiling !

Regarding France Passion, we did stay at many places very happily. It’s nice to see hard working people who love their job , are busy and nevertheless give their time to explain their life and, as you say , the real people and local life .

Do you have something similar in Ireland ? I see there is a UK Site . How is it like ?

Otherwise the camping sites were all nearly empty in September, even in Provence / Côte d’Azur.

All the best to you all.
Daniel

It looks like the level 3 restrictions applied 3 weeks ago are bringing down the number of new cases. We have since applied level 5 restrictions , so they are almost a complete lockdown. We should see better results soon. This is the new western front. Hope you get on top of it in France soon!

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2020  ·  #50
Quote by NORMAND

Hi

In France , We are now preparing ourselves as well for a long stay at home . Let’s hope we’ll have good results.

Also , sadly, the bells of all the churches have rung to day in France at 3 pm .
At least three new attacks and slaughters .
After the teachers, education , religion and freedom are threatened.

What ´s going on now and after ?

heard it today. terrible news.

glastry
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes-Benz hymer s550
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

Seven weeks in France

· 
Posted: 29.10.2020  ·  #51
Quote by joeflo

Bonjour Normand
We got to France 3rd August for 7 weeks, ( originally to go 18 th but went early )stayed in Normandy for a few weeks to see what was happening. As news was bad before we went we were going to cancel up to 3 days before we left. We decided to go Knowing we could return at short notice.

We were content and felt very safe so we headed to Saint Foy La Grande to a small site and stayed there 3 weeks, sitting in the sunshine and drinking wine.

Now watching Irish ferries for next year. Fingers crossed.

SEVEN weeks eh! Sounds amazing, - Of course you maybe brought back Something nice?

joeflo
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2020  ·  #52
Yes it was amazing. We are glad we went. We chose to bring back only nice things. So brought back NICE MEMORIES AND NICE WINE !! :up:

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2020  ·  #53
I've been unravelling some interesting (to me) family tree stuff over the last year or so. I never really paid much attention to it in the past. I was hoping to finally get to Le Touret Memorial in the Pas-De-Calais region, where my great grandfather is commemorated (WW1) but it is not to be this year. Has anyone visited this site and if so is the area good for touring?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2020  ·  #54
Haven't been to that particular site but a trip around northern France /Belgium is definitely worth it

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2020  ·  #55
Quote by eirebus

Haven't been to that particular site but a trip around northern France /Belgium is definitely worth it

It makes a trip to Belgium worth considering alright. 👍

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.