M/H satnavs

Advice on make and models.

Yer man
Subject:

M/H satnavs

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #1
Greetings to all. This is my first post so hope it is O.K. I want to buy a motorhome satnav but am thoroughly confused as to which is best. Aguri models seem good but there seems to be a question of reliability so any advice would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: M/H satnavs

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #2
Whenever I get the money gathered I’m getting the garmin camper 770 lmt- d, July Motorhome magazine reviewed it very good, if that’s anything to go by

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #3
Hi and welcome
The one I have is based on the Garmin 660 camper and branded a Avtex having all Caravan and Motorhome club sites in the UK loaded
So can recommend this one as you can put in size and weights which usually helps
I guess that 770 works the same mine is a few years old now but still get free updates

If looking for something cheap and truck sat navs from e-bay Chinese not bad but expect only a couple of years life.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #4
I am a TomTom fan having had a few over the past 15 years.
At present I have a TomTom Camper version which I find very good.
However, with all satnsavs always check a proposed route before heading off as they all seem to have idiosyncrasies.
Satnavs are great for finding a destination point and navigating urban areas but sometimes can throw up 'unusual' rural sections of a route.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #5
I use Sygic truck and find it good, you can put in the exact measurements for your van into it, € 55 for a 3 years of updates, download from play or apple stores

Liked by: GMAC

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.10.2020  ·  #6
Probably is. If like me and I completely new to this it’s bound to be handy listing all the camp sites and stuff

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.10.2020  ·  #7
I have always had a Garmin sat nav and now have the camper model which I find to be very good as you can input vehicle size and weight. It only once calculated a route which wasn't suitable. Having said that I generally check route with actual map to confirm everything is fine. I think most people who have used satnavs will have a nightmare story to tell at some point.

Liked by: baguette, eirebus, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Snoooer

· 
Posted: 25.10.2020  ·  #8
I have a Snooper Ventura. Does both Car or Motorhome. Can input dimensions. 7 inch screen. Can be used for Reversing camera. Has all ACSI and Camperstop info. All Europe with free map updates 4 times a year. Find it excellent but has brought me down narrow roads on a couple of occasions in the past four years.can also be used with their tyre pressure monitoring system.

Liked by: GMAC

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.10.2020  ·  #9
We have the Avtex one that was advertised in the CAMC magazine, and it works fine. Input the size of your vehicle and it re-routes based on this info.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.