Truma repair in Co Louth

Jonathan27
Subject:

Truma repair in Co Louth

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #1
I have a 2007 RImor Katamarono, that I bough a couple of weeks back. It seems to have a fault with the Truma boiler system. I can get it to light, but after a few minutes it will always fault.
On this model the fault is signified by a red light, there is no screen to show fault codes.

Do any of you know of a Truma engineer in Co Louth / Drogheda? Because of the new restrictions, I’d rather avoid having to travel to another county if possible, but I also wanted to get it fixed soon as it came with a three month warranty when I bought the van, so don’t want to wait until that has run out.

I can’t get it repaired at the garage that I bought it from as that was in the UK – also they are a van dealer rather than a Motorhome dealer, so I doubt that they could. The warranty allows me to get it repaired locally, and then the garage that I bought it from will pay.

Thanks

Jonathan

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: Truma repair in Co Louth

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #2
Can you give a bit more info when you say it faults does it turn off and the red light comes on ,have you water in the boiler have you got it on the correct setting is the dump valve open all these can have an effect on the boiler you should be able to download the pdf file or go on YouTube and see if you can find out anything 👍

Liked by: eirebus

Jonathan27
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #3
Thanks for the reply Hilton9. Yes, the boiler switches off and the red light comes on. The boiler is full and the value is closed.
I’ve searched around youtube a few times, but the videos only seem to address issued on the more modern systems with a readout screen.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #4
Red light shows on my one when gas has run out

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #5
Is it the trauma ultrastore or the trauma gas/electric water and space heater?

A stupid question maybe? If it’s the ultrastore have you removed the cover from the inlet/exhaust on the outside?

Is it the model with the red/green LED within the switch?

A few pictures may help if you could post them up on here.

Jonathan27
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #6
Thanks all.

The cover is off - missing in fact, new one ordered. The gas bottle is full, and gas is getting to the boiler as it will start but not stay on.

The system seems determined not to let me add pictures, but I will persevere.

Any idea if there is somewhere that could fix this in Louth? or perhaps a mobile repair place? Thanks

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #7
With the cover missing you may have cobwebs and spiders blocking the flue. You could try blowing the flue out with compressed air.

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #8
Newry Caravans on the Rathfrirland Rd may be able to help

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2020  ·  #9
Sometimes the regulator on the gas bottle can be the problem.It can supply enough gas to start heating ,run gas hob,and fridge which don't need that much pressure, but not have enough pressure to run heater.It can be a multitude of problems but if you can get hold of a different gas bottle and regulator it is worth giving it a shot.You coul also try turning the temperature down before you fire it up.If it works with temperature down it would identify a pressure problem. Sometimes give it multiple tries after it locks out and see if you can clear a system that may not have run for a while 😉

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.