Subject:

Re: Galway overnight

· 
Posted: 18.08.2020  ·  #41
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2020  ·  #42
IT was a flyer put under the windscreen. Same as that posted earlier - titled IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Saying that it was illegal to park temporary dwellings in 5 different areas of Galway City and also that overnight Parking in any public car carpark within Galway city is prohibited

Jokee

Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda.
Base Vehicle: Rust 02-Sprinter German engineered from recycled 1960 Fiats
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2020  ·  #43
THis may answer your question.

Section 19 of the Act of 1997 is amended—
(a) by substituting the following subsection for subsection (1):
“(1) Where any structure or other land, door, gate, window, tree, pole or post is in or is visible from a public place, a person who is not the owner, occupier or person in charge thereof shall not—
(a) exhibit or cause to be exhibited thereon any article or advertisement, or
(b) carry out or cause to be carried out any defacement thereof by writing or other marks,
unless, in either case, the person is authorised in advance to do so in writing by such owner, occupier or person in charge or by or under any enactment, and, in addition, in the case of paragraph (a), the article or advertisement—
(i) if it relates to a meeting or an event, carries the name and address of the person who is promoting or arranging the meeting or event, and
(ii) in any other case, carries the name and address of the person on whose behalf it is exhibited.”,
(b) by substituting the following subsections for subsection (2):
“(2) A person shall not place advertising material on a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place otherwise than by securing the material by some mechanical means to the body of the vehicle.
(2A) For the purposes of subsection (2)—
‘body’, in relation to a mechanically propelled vehicle, does not include—
(a) any windscreen wiper, wiperblade, mirror or aerial, or
(b) any other part of the vehicle concerned that is not specifically designed or adapted for the purpose of securing to it the material concerned;
‘mechanical means’ does not include any means relying on or involving any pressure (of whatever amount or in whatever direction) exerted by—
(a) any windscreen wiper or wiperblade, or
(b) any other part of the vehicle that is not specifically designed or adapted for the purpose of employing pressure in order to secure the material concerned to the body of the vehicle;
‘place advertising material on a mechanically propelled vehicle’ does not include paint, emboss, inscribe or apply by any method of transfer letters, figures or images on or to the body of the vehicle or place in the interior of the vehicle any such material.”

Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2020  ·  #44
Quote by jokee

IT was a flyer put under the windscreen. Same as that posted earlier - titled IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Saying that it was illegal to park temporary dwellings in 5 different areas of Galway City and also that overnight Parking in any public car carpark within Galway city is prohibited

Jokee

Paper never refused ink.
I've not heard of anyone actually being issued with a prosecution for ignoring the threats made in the notice or by the official handing them out.
Perhaps Galway City Council actually know such a prosecution against the owner of a motorhome would not succeed in a court if challenged.

Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2020  ·  #45
Why go to Galway when we all know that they don't want us and probably never will.
The hotel rooms are booked out with staycation they certainly don't need or want us.
I was out in salthill last Sunday week and counted 10 campervans parked along the prom where ever second lampost carriers a campervan no Parking sign I for one don't understand why people chose to go where they are not wanted

Subject:

€40.00 fine.

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #46
Had not visited Galway for a few years so didn't know it was no longer legal to park on the Cathedral Parking area. Dark when we arrived so did not see signs for "no campers". 8am fine notice left on our window when I went to the meter to pay for the day on a lovely Sunday morning. Have written to the council. Used to love the Harbour area. Felt safe alone. Thanks for all info on this site. Have just joined.

Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #47
Quote by Relaxingus

Had not visited Galway for a few years so didn't know it was no longer legal to park on the Cathedral Parking area. Dark when we arrived so did not see signs for "no campers". 8am fine notice left on our window when I went to the meter to pay for the day on a lovely Sunday morning. Have written to the council. Used to love the Harbour area. Felt safe alone. Thanks for all info on this site. Have just joined.

What was the offence mentioned on the notice. Would you post a photo of it here with your personal details covered over (redacted).

Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2020  ·  #48
Quote by baguette

Quote by Relaxingus

What was the offence mentioned on the notice. Would you post a photo of it here with your personal details covered over (redacted).

What was the offence mentioned on the notice? Would you post a photo of it here with your personal details covered over (redacted).
Bump

Liked by: eirebus

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.