Danjk
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Tribute 720
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 130
Subject:

Re: Good versus Bad, Some positivity from councillors

· 
Posted: 18.09.2020  ·  #2
I think this issue deserves a response from the Motorhome Craic Committee to the Council setting out the benefits of visiting motor home owners citing examples of Aires elsewhere as the way forward.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2020  ·  #3
The area in Glenarm has been sold and we are going to lose the Parking there. A bright shiny new hotel going there allegedly.

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2020  ·  #4
In Glenarm at the moment. About 25 vans here. To be honest wouldn't like to see too many more arriving. Getting a bid crowded in my opinion.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2020  ·  #5
Quote by Billy H

In Glenarm at the moment. About 25 vans here. To be honest wouldn't like to see too many more arriving. Getting a bid crowded in my opinion.

But if more arrived they'd park. The "there are too many here I must go somewhere else" doesn't seem to work.

Liked by: GMAC

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2020  ·  #6
The wording is a bit contentious - spike in motorhomes. Do we call a craic meet a cluster in future? Not sure what the difference is with a lot of people in motorhomes or a lot of people in a hotel. Are residents in towns nearby in with hotels complaining that the rooms or restaurants are too full? Motorhomes are just very visible. It would annoy me as a local if I could not get a parking space though.

I’ve only been to Glenarm twice in the van twice and both times for the Dalriada festival and I stayed in the grounds of the castle. I found there was nothing to spend money on in the town.

The local shop had a mini shop in a marquee on the site but it was not open in the last morning. Took me ages to find the shop in town on my bike and it was very basic with blue moulded out of date bread. They are missing a trick not making money from the motorhomes somehow. Mind you I hear not many of them go to the pub in the town though. They might be chased anyway by the sound of that article.

Liked by: Ally, big LIam, GMAC

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.09.2020  ·  #7
The newspaper report sensationalises the situation however 55 vans is far too many in normal times never mind during a pandemic. However we do not always help ourselves. I was walking the dog round Glenarm this morning and the toilet attendant was complaining that someone had just emptied their cassette in the toilet and washed it out in the sink! This apparently happens regularly.
I called at the tourist office to put a donation in the box and the very grateful and friendly lady certainly gave the impression that this didn't happen very often.

Liked by: Ally, big LIam, GMAC, sprinter, +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.