Rockview
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Occupancy Levels

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #1
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping somebody may have data on what the occupancy levels of campsites in Ireland is? I have seen some data from Failte Ireland from 2017 but it's not very specific and a lot has changed since then. I'm sure July and August are much higher than the other months. Obviously campsites will vary in the number of pitches available but hopefully I'll be able to get some info on it and posters may have experience of occupancy levels of sites in different parts of the country. I'm looking into opening a site and trying to get some figures together. Thanks.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Occupancy Levels

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #2
Well this year is very different to previous years but I would suspect next year will be very similar to this year. So this year we have almost exclusively had Irish campers, many of these would have normally been in France or other European countries. This year several campsites did not open or only opened without communal facilities including toilets and showers. So this meant demand exceeded supply and I believe 2021 will be very similar.
I have been in touch with the two campsites in Doolin and and they like my self have been at full capacity for July and August. I expected a dip for September but so far we have been full to our chosen capacity.
Historically I would say
March 20%
April 35%
May 50%
June 80%
July 95%
August 85%
September 50%
October 30%

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter, TommyS

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

Re: Occupancy Levels

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #3
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.