tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

My remaining ambition....

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #1
Having reached three score and ten last July, it troubles me that I have one unfulfilled ambition.
I'd consider my life experiences complete if, just once.....just once.... I could return from a trip with absolutely nothing in the MH needing attention. Nothing broke, nothing fell off or came loose, nothing needed modifying or adjusting, nothing needed replacing with a better one, Lidl didn't have just what we needed before the next trip etc etc.
Am I hoping for too much?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: My remaining ambition....

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #2
Quote by tony glenn

No, more commonly known as ‘the holy grail’ 🤣

Liked by: tony glenn

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #3
Quote by tony glenn

Having reached three score and ten last July, it troubles me that I have one unfulfilled ambition.
I'd consider my life experiences complete if, just once.....just once.... I could return from a trip with absolutely nothing in the MH needing attention. Nothing broke, nothing fell off or came loose, nothing needed modifying or adjusting, nothing needed replacing with a better one, Lidl didn't have just what we needed before the next trip etc etc.

Tell the truth..........bet you would be disappointed if there wasn't something to be fixed, improved on ..........or bought for after a trip.

It makes the next trip better to........just to see how better things are with the improvements!!!!

Liked by: sprinter, tony glenn

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #4
Quote by tony glenn

Nothing broke, nothing fell off or came loose, nothing needed modifying...

Ah that is Motorhome “Crack”. I have the windscreen sticker for that - duct tape.

Liked by: tony glenn

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #5
Quote by tony glenn

Go Onn you dope, that only works when you borrow somebody else,s Motorhome. :lol:
What? It was like that when you gave it to me, and you know what would work really well for the next time :-/
Your children, obviously are not old enough to take it away yet.

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #6
Tell the truth..........bet you would be disappointed if there wasn't something to be fixed, improved on ..........or bought for after a trip.

It makes the next trip better to........just to see how better things are with the improvements!!!!

Darn it ... you're so right! Looking back over the years, it's all the little fixes, minor repairs and handy interior mods and additions that have made our MH truly 'ours'. Now, where's my tool box and that weekly Lidl leaflet....

Liked by: Erazmus, sprinter

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #7
I worked for a guy years ago who built his own boat and I asked him when he thought he would be finished it and he said if you think your finished you have lost interest and now I think I know what he meant

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2020  ·  #8
Quote by Paul mcg

I worked for a guy years ago who built his own boat and I asked him when he thought he would be finished it and he said if you think your finished you have lost interest and now I think I know what he meant

Gardens have a lot in common, there is always something to do, and the amount changes with the seasons and if like some' you do a last tidy up before the winter, you then get a rest, there are enthusiasts who like to get out on the odd weekend and there are the hardy type, who can be found potering around right through the winter,they would say, why put all the work in, if your not going to enjoy it all the time .

Insert ( with Motorhome's ) after common. :-/ 😁

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.