StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Addressing the lack of MH parking

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #1
A Cllr is looking into putting forward a motion for an Aire in Kilkee and he was asking how busy have we been, what is needed, cost structure etc. We said that there are some very good but not enough Aires in Ireland and that we have stayed at Cobh and Portumna both charge €10 per night for a MH. And that most MH owners would be happy to pay that for safe parking in a nice location with the ability to fill up with fresh water, empty grey and black water and anything on top of that would be a bonus.
He (the Cllr) sent me a link to a vlog of a British couple who spent three months in Ireland who were basically detailing how to avoid paying for most things, go to a cemetery for water, put your cassette in a bag and empty in a public toilet or a toilet in a shop, to get rid of rubbish keep the bags small and get rid of the rubbish at shops or garages. The couple in their Vlog were very proud to have not paid in one campsite in their 3 months in Ireland. The Cllr said people like this make his blood boil. And I have to admit I agree.
On a more positive note this is the second Cllr in Clare looking at providing an Aire, one for Ennis and one for Kilkee I hope progress is made as there is huge need and demand for more Aires in Ireland.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Addressing the lack of MH parking

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #2
Agree also, thankfully there is enough who don't mind paying that counteract those who will never pay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"the madonnna with de big boobies" ? Allo Allo
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All…1133781828

Liked by: sprinter

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #3
If he's looking for more feedback and help could you suggest he put a questioner on line or even on this site. As this is the biggest motorhome forum in the country with thousands of national and international contributors he should get plenty of help and ideas.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #4
I wonder is that vlog the same couple that posted a video about their issues with the parking wardens in Donegal town?

A positive development though that they are looking at aires. As I have said before even with the best facilities and the lowest nightly rate there will still be people that will not even pay that. The majority will be fine so he should focus on that. Plenty of articles on here already about what an Aire should include and often it should preferably be without ehu to keep costs, planning and long term stays down.

I lent a copy the French North All the Aires book to one of my local councillors to give him an idea of the type of facilities included and locations they can be found. Even a paid parking space without any facilities but without the risk of a ticket if taking up space would be a start. If that goes well then take it to the next step and put in facilities. Somewhere even to pull in and pay for a few hours to visit a town never mind stay overnight would be very welcome.

Liked by: Ally, baguette, sprinter

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #5
i seen the couple that i think it is ,they stayed at craigavon lakes carpark,i live round there and there is not a chance i would stay at the place they stayed ,that car park in particular they have a brilliant wee campervan it fits under all the barriers ,so i watched another fews videos of theirs and right enough never stayed in a site ,the video of mister troll had this other english couple in the car park when it was happening

Liked by: Ally

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.