relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

new to this

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #1
hi all ,after waiting about 20 odd years and camping in various parts of ireland in tents looking out in the rain at all these lucky people in these motor homes and campervans and dreaming will i ever be able to own one ,buy one, or even go for a spin in one, i finally got myself a campervan ,i have to say i never had any interest in a caravan or a static home but i did consider them ,but never seriously .i always wanted to be out on the roads travelling. now its not the fanciest but its a start, i`m just am still getting used to realising i`m finally on the roads in my own campervan and i can tell you it fells class .the instant feeling of freedom is so strange. Going for a drive and not having to go home ,or hotel, or b and b .i got the van and the lockdown came 2 weeks later and i was cracking up thinking i was cursed never destined to travel in my own campervan even after all these years.i have been reading this forum for a while and got some great tips so far from all use people so thats it sorry to go on a bit but thats my intro and thanks for the help so far craic people .sorry if i went on a bit first post and all that

petereire
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: autoquest 270
Base Vehicle: Talbot express
Subject:

Re: new to this

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #2
hi and welcome, safe travels in the future :)

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #3
Welcome to the forum Jason , feel free to ask a few questions or tell us about your adventures in your camper

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #4
Welcome and a craicin first post. Enjoy your travels

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #5
Welcome aboard.....
Great decision getting the van.
Enjoy.

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #6
her lads tell me what you would do in this situation i booked into an aire( i didnt even know they were a thing ) the person i booked it of took the number plate of the van and and i got thereabout half three on saturday passed, the last guy in rang his mate and told him their was a place left so he came and we were left left with no spot ,i had my child with me so didnt want to stay out, plus i have no heater unless i have electric , this place had nobody supervising so tough luck ,i rang dungannon to see if they had anything but they were full because of their caravan club night was on ,so imagine having a campervan and having to come home ,gutted ,driving an hour and 20 minutes there and the same back ,yes i had to go home ,i was going to rap the door of the campervan but i probably would have been chased

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #7
Get yourself a copy of the Motorhome Parking Ireland App you see referenced on Motorhome Craic and you will always find somewhere to pull in for the night. Good decision getting the van by the way.Fairly new to it myself. Don’t let the odd full campsite, or global pandemic put you off. 👍

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #8
That’s a pitty. Where was the Aire? Do you have the parking app? There may well have been a lot of other spots where you could have parked.

Liked by: CHAUSSON

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #9
i `dont really want to bad mouth them on here and i`ve only just joined this . but it wasnt supervised, but they wernt happy at all and apoligised a lot i`ll have to get the app when i get a smart fone in the next week or so .so far im just going through camping an caravan site books thanks for the tips

Liked by: The Rambler, +deleted user

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #10
Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #11
A proper Aire cannot be booked in advance, first come first served. The only one I have come across that’s different is Portglenone.

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2020  ·  #12
Don't let that bit off a mess up put you off and as has been said get the app and you won't be stuck. Enjoy your future travels and welcome to the Craic.

Liked by: eirebus

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2020  ·  #13
yep thats true ,for so long ,years and years camping here and there always having to book somewhere ,that habbit of being planned in advance to get a spot for camping tends to stick with you .thats what im looking forward to ,just being able to head of and not having too many plans where exactly to stay ,looking forward trying out donegal for sure

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter, +deleted user

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #14
We all have a downer somewhere along the line our first trip out was a disaster was nearly selling the Motorhome the next day but glad we didn’t we’re on our 3rd van now welcome to the craic look out for any future meets and come along or keep an eye to where people are going and meet up with them (social distancing) of course I see your only in Armagh try Fahan beach it’s free and you will meet other Motorhomes there some lovely walks as well pub close by for a meal it’s on The buncranna rd and on the app hope to see you on our travels 👍

Geri
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria Twin
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #15
.i got the van and the lockdown came 2 weeks later

Ahh this basically happened to me when I got my new van. (New to me). I was gutted. Getting out and about a wee bit now though.

Hope you enjoy your new van.
Geri

Liked by: sprinter, +deleted user

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #16
brill thanks for that, i have been reading a lot on here about carlingford and it is a great bustling we town ,a real sort of meeting place and easy got round, however we went for a drive 2 sundays ago in the camper with the intention of maybe pulling and going to the chippy or something ,well geez i nearly died ,we hadnt been up in a while and it was prime time about 2 oclock,it was rammed ,motor homes everywere , some real beauties,, cars bumper to bumper, motor bikes also.So as is the rules have been suggested on the forum,if somewhere is to busy drive on to the next place , we just drove on out the road to a place i hadnt been before that youse a probably familiar with ,its called gyles quay great wee spot, outside the barrier thers plenty of parking, overlooking the pebble beach with 2 other mhs ,and lay up for an hour in the sun then got a feed out of the chippy in the campsite ,it looks like a real tidy site 30 euros per night, but i could of swore the girl says thats them closed for the winter

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #17
hey hilton9 did you wean lisfannon beach

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2020  ·  #18
Quote by relay racer

hey hilton9 did you wean lisfannon beach

I think it’s Fahan which Robert is referring to.
It’s between Bridgend and Buncrana in Donegal..... about 5km out of Buncrana. It’s actually down past the firebox grill restaurant/bar, down by the boating marina.
It’s a super spot.

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2020  ·  #19
dead on thanks ,just looked for it on google maps ,what a class stretch of coastline that is

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.