leahy 1
My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 15
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

Gas stopped working

· 
Posted: 13.09.2020  ·  #1
Hello
I was using the gas cooker in my 1999 Chausson (2 jets) last night. I switched on the boiler to heat the water for the wash up and the gas stopped working- no gas to any appliance.
Is it a coincidence that it stopped with the water heater (truma) being switched on?
Where do I start to try and fix it?
My first post here!

Thank you
Leahy 1

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Gas stopped working

· 
Posted: 13.09.2020  ·  #2
Change the cylinder?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.09.2020  ·  #3
1. Have you gas? Stupid question maybe, but have you gas in the bottle?
2. Regulator, possible it has gone faulty. Can happen suddenly as oily deposits block the orifices.
3. Have you accidentally turned a tap off on the manifold? Unlikely you’ve turned all off though.
4. Have you been in the gas locker? Maybe kinked gas flex pipe/tripped the on/off button.
5. (Not likely as not cold enough yet) if you run butane in your van it will stop gassing off at temperatures approaching freezing point, even above zero degrees. Use propane instead, it won’t freeze until temps are extremely low.

Ooh, welcome to MotorhomeCraic, enjoy the forums and post up any questions you have.
Also, fill in your profile page stating where about you are....... many forum users from all over Ireland and many could assist if you’re experiencing problems.

Liked by: eirebus

leahy 1
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.09.2020  ·  #4
Thanks for the replies! Yes I have gas, will check on all those suggestions tomorrow Am delighted with my van but there is an adventure every time we take it out. Having no gas was awful though, no cups of coffee and having to eat out, even for a weekend adds huge money to the trip, didn't realize how much!

leahy 1
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2020  ·  #5
Working all week so only got around to checking gas today. Changed the regulator and had a lovely flow of gas!
Thanks Lifer!

Liked by: big LIam, eirebus, panda

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.