Tee
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Retro fit Apple CarPlay

· 
Posted: 12.09.2020  ·  #1
I have a 1995 Swift Royale. It has bog standard radio with very poor reception and rubbish sound. Is it possible to upgrade to an Apple CarPlay system in a vehicle this old, to fit within the current dashboard? If so, does anyone know of anyone who can do this for me? And also upgrade the current speakers? Thank you 🤞🏻🤞🏻

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Retro fit Apple CarPlay

· 
Posted: 12.09.2020  ·  #2
Without knowing anything about that vehicle Tee, I would have to say yes. As long as you have a standard car stereo caddy in which you can remove the old stereo and pop in the new one, then I can’t see a problem. The only real parameters to work with here are whether your existing caddy is single din or double din. That will determine what you can fit in, regular or double size stereo.

Apple CarPlay is a common feature of so many modern stereos. When you say your current sound is bad, that will most likely be a factor of your speakers, I would think. Again, these are quite easy to replace, whether they are 4”, 5” or even 6” loudspeakers, it is quite doable.

In terms of installing, I’m not sure. I think the likes of Halfords have a fitting service on things like bulbs, batteries, wipers etc. Perhaps they do audio too as they stock a big range of audio, stereos and speakers. If you happen to be in the Galway area, I would offer to do it myself.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter, Tee

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Retro fit Apple CarPlay

· 
Posted: 13.09.2020  ·  #3
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.