Donegal town parking wardens.... they do it again 🤬

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: Donegal town parking wardens.... they do it again 🤬

· 
Posted: 28.08.2020  ·  #41
They arrived by Dublin in January well before Covid. In fairness most of their blogs seem to be pretty positive.

Liked by: norma

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2020  ·  #42
Haven’t watched the video but I take it from all the comments that it’s a condemnation of the traffic wardens (T/W) in Donegal town. Like Ally & Hilton I was also there in the Donegal car park in July. I reversed into a space with my overhang impinging on the footpath/walkway. The TW explained why I couldn’t do it, in a very polite manner, and directed me to a spot where I could park. He explained that I could park length ways covering as many spaces as I needed so long as I got the appropriate tickets. I parked across 3 spaces so got 3 tickets. Total cost 90 cents!!! The warden also told me not to worry about hurrying back. I found both of them to be very jovial characters and they couldn’t have been more helpful. I would definitely have no problem returning to Donegal town.

Liked by: Ally, Bounder, Europa, JJF, MAURICE

Geri
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria Twin
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2020  ·  #43
Quote by Ally

You can film and take photos of anyone and anything you want without authorisation and you also own the rights to the picture. At least that's what it is in the UK.

Are you sure about that Ally? Is there not confidentiality laws and codes of practice when it comes to people?
My knowledge is coming from a work based worldview where confidentiality data protection etc is a pretty big thing.

I don't think anyone should film anyone without their permission.

And holding a camera up like that is bullying.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2020  ·  #44
So I decided to watch the video after re-reading all the posts. In my opinion he’s a knob. Should have just admitted he was totally wrong. Who parks like that and thinks it’s ok. !!!
He then cites “racism “ as his defense. 😡 I think he is actually being discriminatory in his comments and very unfair to Donegal Town.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2020  ·  #45
Quote by Geri

Are you sure about that Ally?

I'd be pretty confident yes. Photos definitely, video..... See below..

Not sure though if you then broadcast or use it for monetary gain, which they are doing. But I've seen it happen many many times.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2020  ·  #46
Quote by Ally

As I said above, if he had of pointed that camera in my face....... <>

I agree with him being confrontational - I see it happen a lot on Faecebook, a MINORITY of English Motorhome owners come on and advise the Irish Motorhome owners how it should be done (or think they do) I usually ban those imbeciles. It is a VERY TINY minority of course.

Oops i was guilty but there was plenty of room on pavement (bad angle), :-/ but then again at Castlerock this is how to do it . :D . As for that idiots video ,its done for you tube hits.Bet if he has a bike he has a camera on his helmet. nearly forgot Galway. :D

Liked by: Ally, Billy H, eirebus

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Donegal town parking wardens.... they do it again 🤬

· 
Posted: 29.08.2020  ·  #47
I approached a guy parked rear on in that exact narrow space, also with bikes, like the one in the last photo.

He took no notice of the advice to move up a few spaces and maybe park nose in, until I asked how much public liability cover he had, and did he know you could get 50k compo, for loss of an eye, or facial scares in this country.
He wasn't there when I came back from the pub.😁

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2020  ·  #48
Quote by sprinter

I approached a guy parked rear on in that exact narrow space, also with bikes, like the one in the last photo.

He took no notice of the advice to move up a few spaces and maybe park nose in, until I asked how much public liability cover he had, and did he know you could get 50k compo, for loss of an eye, or facial scares in this country.
He wasn't there when I came back from the pub.😁

think this guy without the bikes might have been ok. but dangerous as it is.

Liked by: Ally

Geri
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria Twin
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2020  ·  #49
All this talk about Donegal has put me in the mood to travel that way next time I have a couple of days off.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Tina71
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2020  ·  #50
When we park we make sure we do not obstruct anyone or any thing they were right to give him the tickets

Billy H
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.09.2020  ·  #51
Was passing Donegal Town today just before midday. Decided to stop for a couple of hours for lunch and a walk round the shops then see if we could get a spot in Spierstown for the night. As we entered the half empty car park a kind person gave me a ticket with a couple of hours on it. We parked along the back wall where one other motorhome was already parked well away from everyone else. From this thread I reckoned I needed at least one more ticket to keep myself legal. I saw a traffic warden further up the carpark and walked up to clarify matters with him. I just got to say I've just parked a motorhome over there when he interrupted and stated this is not a motorhome park it is a carpark. There is a motorhome park out the road you can use. I then explained that I was only staying an hour or 2 and then intended to go to the motorhome park. He then seemed to relax and in fact said I could have an hour on my one ticket. He did say that last month when it it was busy he would have given me a ticket for parking there. He said that the council were under pressure from the motorhome park owner to stop people parking in the town.
Although we had the go ahead to stay we took a quick walk round the very quiet town. We moved on to Ardara for lunch and have now parked up at a very peaceful Magheraroarty for the night.
We have stopped loads of times in Donegal Town but not stayed overnight. At the moment I would not be inclined to go back

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.09.2020  ·  #52
Quote by Billy H

. He said that the council were under pressure from the motorhome park owner to stop people parking in the town.

Interesting!

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.09.2020  ·  #53
Same story, different town or has Blair got his foot in here too!

Liked by: MAURICE

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.09.2020  ·  #54
Quote by Albert the Talbot

A whole different setup.

Does he mean Spierstown? hmm - it's basically someones backyard with loads of top notch facilities. Although we stayed there and found it very handy and very friendly.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2020  ·  #55
Quote by Ally

Quote by Albert the Talbot

A whole different setup.

Does he mean Spierstown? hmm - it's basically someones backyard with loads of top notch facilities. Although we stayed there and found it very handy and very friendly.

I find that hard to believe as the owner himself told us he is happy with fewer vans. I would imagine he couldn't get more than 6 vans parked in his yard.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.