Ski France in your motorhome

pointypatrol
Craic'er
Subject:

Ski France in your motorhome

· 
Posted: 18.02.2013  ·  #1
Hi All,

Has anyone done france in there motorhome for a weeks skiing we are thinking of going accross next year via the channel tunnel and we are looking some info on the closest resorts to try and if there will be aires all advice will be appreciated :D

pointypatrol
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Ski France in your motorhome

· 
Posted: 18.02.2013  ·  #2
Quote by pointypatrol

Hi All,

Has anyone done france in there motorhome for a weeks skiing we are thinking of going accross next year via the channel tunnel and we are looking some info on the closest resorts to try and if there will be aires all advice will be appreciated :D

Just a thought it doesnt have to be France as would consider other places in Europe if they turn out to be closer to Calais.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2013  ·  #3
i have not done it but i have seen plenty of vans in carparks in france and italy i thought about doing it but a package is easier and far cheaper the thoughts of driving down steep hills in snow also the van can get snowed in just when you need to leave and heating will be on 24/7 not cheap either good to hear if someone has done it though

Darrell
Homepage: universal-finance.…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2013  ·  #4
We skied in Austria a few years ago, the campsites were expensive but very well equiped and as our motorhome was not winterized we had to drain the water to avoid freezing. Also it is worth noting that the electric plug-ins will usually be charged by meter so you could run up a nasty bill if you use the electric heater. We found once we got into bed although it was as low as -15 outside we kept very warm and comfy. Some campsites will provide storage for you ski equipment and drying rooms for the clothing. The site we stayed at in Austria was great with baths and family rooms with showers in the utility block. Take plenty of gas and make allowances for the limitations of the motorhome and you will be fine.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.