Water ingress in Herald Squire Ford Transit

Still within 30 day return period

Frankie27
Subject:

Water ingress in Herald Squire Ford Transit

· 
Posted: 19.08.2020  ·  #1
Hi folks
Wondered if anyone could give me any advice?
Just bought my first motorhome and within the first 2 weeks have had so many problems. It is old and the dealership I bought it from have been ready to sort out the problems but in the very heavy downpour of rain a few days ago the van had a serious ingress of water. The cupboard on the left hand side was full of water, the work surfaces, bed settee and floor was drenched. They want to find the leak and fix it , but I want a full refund as I hear that once you get a leak/ damp , it’s the beginning of the end. Any advice? should I let them do the repairs or get my money back? And does anyone have experience of going to court in these cases? It’s the last thing I want to do but feel they’ll be reluctant to hand the money back over. I’ve only had it 10 days and the Citizens Advice Bureau say that I’ve got a right to a full refund if it’s not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose.
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Water ingress in Herald Squire Ford Transit

· 
Posted: 19.08.2020  ·  #2
"not fit for purpose" that's the statement you need. Personally I'd drive it back to their premises, hand them the keys and walk away. Then get a solicitor to demand a refund. I'm not sure if that's the best course of action though.

What you should be worrying about is how many times has that water came in like that.

Whereabouts are you?

BigMal
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hobby 750
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.08.2020  ·  #3
Totally agree with Ally, if the waters been in once its been in a lot of times and fixing the leak wont cure the problems that may be hiding under the floor and in the walls.

Very disappointing I'm sure but get your money back is the way to go.

Good luck and don't be put off as there'll be the perfect motorhome for you out there somewhere

Liked by: eirebus

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.08.2020  ·  #4
I would be looking a full refund or a substitute vehicle of a better standard ,once the damp gets in it is virtually impossible to keep it out . If you are having trouble getting a refund and if you do return the vehicle ,have a damp meter test carried out by an independent person first so if it does go to court you have evidence .

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.08.2020  ·  #5
You mention dealership so it was obviously a business deal and not a private one.
Did you get any warranty within the deal be it a week ,month or several months?
If they offer to rectify the problem you may have to give them a chance but get someone in there with a moisture meter before you accept a repair.
Then you need to decide if you are going to accept the deal or request a refund.

Stacks
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Argos A660
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.08.2020  ·  #6
Damp can be repaired, no problem. The thing is, would you have bought the van with the damp on the assumption it would be repaired? I doubt it. I would be looking to return the van and a refund. Hope it works out for you.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.