StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Campsite in GB

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #1
It’s not only the wild campers causing problems this is a post from a campsite in GB that have decided to close for a while because of its clientele. I must admit we have also noticed some very irresponsible and unusual practices this year.

It pains us to say this but we made have the decision to close the campsite from Thursday, 20 August, for the next few weeks. Unfortunately, many of our campers have been unable to stick to our guidelines let alone Government guidelines, making stays far less enjoyable for our regular campers and ourselves.

Not only that, we are unable to keep up with the sheer amount of rubbish - including tents, gazebos, airbeds, chairs and even a mop - which not only makes the site look untidy but also adds a huge cost to ourselves to get rid of.

Idiot campers - Please take a long hard look at yourselves and learn to respect your fellow campers. Playing music until 4am when it is against our camp rules AND you have already been told to turn it off is not acceptable. Groups are limited to a maximum of six or two families by the government, so stop turning up in groups of 10+.

Regular campers - We are sorry we have come to this decision but hope you understand. The site has been busier than ever and while it has been good to see you again, we're sure you'll all enjoy it more when normal service has resumed and the peaceful, laid-back atmosphere of our campsite returns.

Until then, please stay safe, be kind and we’ll see you when the lockdown freedom frenzy is over 🏕

Liked by: adria, Ally, CHAUSSON, eirebus, Nancy On Tour, panda, sootyrex, sprinter, +deleted user

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: Campsite in GB

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #2
Human nature knows no bounds,these idiots are quite happy to take their loutish behaviour to others but would not like it played out on their own doorstep.

Liked by: eirebus

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #3
Absolute gobshites. Here and apparently across the pond. The sooner the “tourist season “ is over, the better it will be. The sooner the schools and colleges are reopened the better.

Liked by: ntg

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #4
They would usually be in ‘Benidorm’. Sorry Benidorm.

Liked by: +deleted user

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #5
I'm waiting until September hoping these people will have all gone home

Liked by: eirebus, sootyrex, sprinter, +deleted user

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #6
Many years ago when on a campsite we were subjected to late night revelry by neighbours. A fellow old hand threw a load of bread bits on the roof of the offenders caravan when they were not looking.
The early morning feathered friends had a delight breakfast as the pecked vocifiorisly on the roof.
The byproduct was an early awakening of half a dozen late night revellers with attendent hangovers
😁😁

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #7
A lot of media stories covering people wild tenting in the Lake District and the likes and leaving lots of camping rubbish behind. I would have expected that behaviour outside of a campsite but if it is bad on a site there would be no controlling them outside one. A relative of mine visited a beach in Louth near Annagasson on Saturday past and said people were arriving and setting up tents as they were getting ready to head home.

Lake District rubbish 'makes me want to cry' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-53798298

Liked by: Ally

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #8
The "NC500 the land weeps" FB group is a sad thing to watch.

Some humans are parasites.

Liked by: ntg

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #9
Actually, all of us “civilised“ people are parasites. The worst plague to ever inhabit this planet. The sooner we are wiped out the better for nature. All the indigenous peoples lived with nature, we just try to manipulate it, to suit our needs. That has really worked well 😖

Liked by: baguette, JJF

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #10
You do not have to go to Scotland to see parasites at their best,today I was driving into a town in Co Antrim and could not believe my eyes.
There was a woman standing at a site fence wearing gloves and untying a poo bag that someone had collected their dogs crap in and then tied to this fence.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #11
Yep.
I was avoiding two bags of dog poo left on the bank of the beach where we go. It has been there since May. I eventually bit the bullet today and put it in the bad shite bag, along with a bag of fish guts, two nappies, one pair of shorts, a pair of socks, and three disposable bbq casings, amongst other stuff. 😡
Just f#%k off home the lot of ye

Liked by: sootyrex

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #12
Please please please give the aeroplanes permission to take these ass holes to some other part of the world.
These numpties are of the opinion, I will shite on you,but please stay away from my patch.

Liked by: MAURICE, sootyrex, sprinter, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Campsite in GB

· 
Posted: 16.08.2020  ·  #13
Quote by baguette

Many years ago when on a campsite we were subjected to late night revelry by neighbours. A fellow old hand threw a load of bread bits on the roof of the offenders caravan when they were not looking.
The early morning feathered friends had a delight breakfast as the pecked vocifiorisly on the roof.
The byproduct was an early awakening of half a dozen late night revellers with attendent hangovers
😁😁

I don't remember being on that campsite :-/ but i can tell you it works a treat , but I found that wet porridge oats works great on tents also, its even more amusing to watch Gulls and Crows pick holes in the roof of offending tents.

Liked by: baguette, Mark&Wendy

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.