Link in with Blueway

Team Heaven
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Opportunity in Athy, Co. Kildare

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #1
Aires need to be in more than just the classic beauty spots, for example an aire in Athy near where I live would be fantastic because in 15 months time the 46km Blueway cycle route from Vicarstown to Athy will be open.
If anyone wants to support I would also suggest linking up with the new landlord of The Auld Sheebeen in Athy. He has done an amazing job and is right on the Blueway where the canal joins the Barrow. He has also just been selected by a Kildare CC as an official cycling cafe point

Team Heaven
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

The Auld Sheebeen Athy

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #2
Ally Onion thanks. I’ve also just sent this to the new owner of The Auld Sheebeen pub restaurant in Athy.

Hi I saw your news re cycle cafe which is fantastic news and I too am also a huge fan of the forthcoming Blueway.
I’m a motorhome owner and I wondered if you had given any thought to providing parking next to your pub for Motorhomes? The way it works is the MH gets somewhere safe to park for the night and in return has a meal and drinks in the pub. Alternatively I think the provision of an Aire in Athy would be fantastic. These are public or private facilities that provide electric, fresh water supply and grey water disposal for a charge per night of usually €10 - €20. I think the Midlands are very much neglected and it would be great to bring more folks into Athy and then onwards into Laois.
Kind regards
Jeremy

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Opportunity in Athy, Co. Kildare

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #3
Quote by Team Heaven

These are public or private facilities that provide electric, fresh water supply and grey water disposal for a charge per night of usually €10 - €20. I think the Midlands are very much neglected and it would be great to bring more folks into Athy and then onwards into Laois.
Kind regards
Jeremy

*I* would amend part of that: Black Water and Fresh Water are the important ones. EHU is required by very few and it's a thing I wouldn't require or particularly want installed.

I and others always refer to Cobh as being exactly what we need. Fresh Water, Black emptying and a grey water drive over drain.

Team Heaven
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Update from Auld Sheebeen in Athy

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #4
Hi all your earlier comments re grey, blue, black and EHU noted. I’m new to this so still getting to grips with terminology. Is grey (dishwater, shower water) the same as black water? Or is black the toilet cassette?

Auld Sheebeen just PM me for my phone number and giving me a call later.

@AllyOnion can you send me a link for the Cobh aire please so that I can send that onto Auld Sheebeen when I reference it. Thanks

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #5
Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #6
MAURICE
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2020  ·  #7
Be handy spot for dave.

Liked by: eirebus

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2020  ·  #8
I think €10 is fair for the limited services we require. If you suggest €10 to €20 then you can rest assured the upper figure will be the one adapted. Well done for your effort to date. Hope you’re successful in bringing a much needed facility. 👍

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.