Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Result

· 
Posted: 10.08.2020  ·  #2
It seems some think this isn't a "result" now that we have to pay.

I wonder sometimes what some people want, they want services but don't wish to pay for them, they want safety but don't want to pay for it. They EXPECT to park for free and everything to be provided for them. Thank **** they are in the minority.

sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2020  ·  #3
Normally we only use campsites if we need to. We have no kids with us and prefer somewhere quiet. I don’t Mind at all to pay for Aire or campsite as needed. Last week we had 2 nights in Kilkenny at tree grove. I have to give them full credit. Well managed, clean, quiet, it was the most we have paid yet for a campsite, 58 euro for 2 nights with electricity, I found it safe, everyone well distanced, and it felt right. We had been once late last year, maybe October, I remember there was frost, i think he only charged 20 for the night. Normally in Kilkenny we stay in wolf tone car park ( it’s on the app). We were there at weekend about 3 weeks ago, price for parking went up slightly to 5 euro for 24 hours, but the number of 20 somethings coming in cars at night already drunk, and openly talking cocaine on the street put me off. Probably in reality, security is the number one need for us all, often wild camping is ok, but sometimes it’s also good to support the campsites

Liked by: Ally, Robbo52

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2020  ·  #4
Nothing wrong with parking for free. Cars do it all the time. But when a council goes out of their way (let's face it, it's easier for them to ban us) to provide services then paying is the only decent thing to do.

Now, if there is a town to support then that fee can be waived to bring custom to the town, but none should expect it. Especially when there are quite a few who don't leave the confines of their Motorhome.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2020  ·  #5
I think it’s great if more councils went down that road they would soon find out that it’s not the Motorhomes that are causing all the rubbish but the day trippers who won’t take there rubbish home or the child who can’t hold it in anymore ,more than once have I seen two cars doos open a a child doing there bussness in between and I bet the parents don’t take it home with them in a bag

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.