Importing a new motorhome from UK

Cams
Subject:

Importing a new motorhome from UK

· 
Posted: 28.07.2020  ·  #1
Hi All,
We are looking to buy a new 2019 with 0 miles motorhome from the UK. Does anyone know if you have to pay VAT and RCT and the rates when you import the vehicle?

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

Re: Importing a new motorhome from UK

· 
Posted: 28.07.2020  ·  #2
FrankJL
My Motorhome: Benimar Mileo 282
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Importing a new motorhome from UK

· 
Posted: 04.08.2020  ·  #3
Hi Cams
You will have to pay 23% VAT and then the VRT is calculated on the gross amount at 13.3%. The tax office may ignore the invoice amount, even though you have to submit the sterling invoice, and calculate the VAT and consequentially the VRT based on the resale value of the vehicle in Ireland. I just imported a pre-registered Camper Van 2019 with only delivery miles. The company you purchase the vehicle form in the UK may insist on charging you VAT at 20% sterling however if that’s the case you still have to pay 23% VAT here and then claim the Sterling VAT back afterwards however in my case I wasn’t charged VAT In Northern Ireland I just paid the Irish VAT and VRT. The whole process only took about 10 days. By the way revenue guideline say that a new vehicle is any vehicle less than 6 months old or less than 6,000 K on the clock!!!
Frank

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.