Booking campsites in advance? Yes/No?

Evie77
Subject:

Booking campsites in advance? Yes/No?

· 
Posted: 28.07.2020  ·  #1
Hello Everyone,
Hope ye are all keeping well. We are getting our campervan on Friday(Finally) We will get it ready and hopefully head off on Sat/Sun. We do not even mind waiting until Monday if this weekend will be mental!
I know that we are going at the height of the season and now with all the new restrictions are ye all booking ahead?
I like the idea of staying a few days somewhere and moving on when we feel like. Are those days gone? We will be travelling with our two children and I would say campsites would suit us best especially as this is our first trip. We do not really mind where we go, we will be happy to get out and about, exploring new areas, going for walks, cooking nice food and having a few beers in the evening.
Take care.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Booking campsites in advance? Yes/No?

· 
Posted: 28.07.2020  ·  #2
If you're planning to use campsites and it's probably not a bad idea until you figure out how everything works, your power needs, etc... then I would recommend booking at this time of (this) year.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.07.2020  ·  #3
If you have a driveway or space around your house spend a night or two in it, a great way to find out all those little things that you've forgotten to pack. It's no fun stopping for a rest and a cuppa only to find out you've forgotten the milk, or matches to light the gas. :-)

Liked by: panda

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2020  ·  #4
I'd deffo' advise a site for your first use of your mh, especially with children. Once your comfortable and confident, you'll be away all the time no problem. At this time of in these conditions, I'd say phone ahead, it can very frustrating calling into sites and having to move on, especially if the kids get fractious.

Liked by: panda, TGAP

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.